PDA

View Full Version : NBC's Smash.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

viennese
03-20-2012, 01:13 PM
omigod, the luxury of Debra Messing's brownstone!

Did anyone else's head explode with awe when she was talking to her teenage son in the kitchen...she says, "Did you eat?" and opens a door

I thought it was a door to another room. No! it was a giant, two door refrigerator/freezer. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? Do they have a walk in fridge in their house?

genevieve
03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
I did notice that fridge :lol: I think one door of it is larger than my whole refrigerator.

So nice to know that the arts pay so well (esp when you consider that hubby has been not working for quite a while so that they can all prepare for the Impending Chinese Baby - I didn't realize that it was not possible to work while preparing to adopt!).

Oh, and when Grace Julia ran outside after seeing the horror of Michael's wife (and really, why didn't any of the director/producer team get pissed that a performer's family thought it was ok to just saunter in and interrupt a rehearsal run through?!?), I had the thought "Julia's pregnant!!". That would certainly give Slow Leo his baby sister.

Bostonfan
03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm convinced that Leo is supposed to be mentally slow. it's the only explanation for Emory Cohen's performance.

OMG - I thought the same thing. What is WRONG with this kid? Talk about a head case. Did they recast the actor playing him? He looks different than I remembered. God - get this character off my screen!

hydro
03-20-2012, 03:51 PM
I did notice that fridge :lol: I think one door of it is larger than my whole refrigerator.

So nice to know that the arts pay so well (esp when you consider that hubby has been not working for quite a while so that they can all prepare for the Impending Chinese Baby - I didn't realize that it was not possible to work while preparing to adopt!).

Oh, and when Grace Julia ran outside after seeing the horror of Michael's wife (and really, why didn't any of the director/producer team get pissed that a performer's family thought it was ok to just saunter in and interrupt a rehearsal run through?!?), I had the thought "Julia's pregnant!!". That would certainly give Slow Leo his baby sister.

I thought that, too. I'm actually really surprised they didn't go there.

I think it's so weird they just up and decided to fire Michael. It really makes no sense. It seems like a really convenient way to end the affair. Lazy writing, IMO.

genevieve
03-20-2012, 04:05 PM
I doubt it's the last we'll see of him

cruisin
03-20-2012, 04:21 PM
I thought that, too. I'm actually really surprised they didn't go there.

They may still go there. When she said she almost threw up, I thought - pregnant. But, that would be the fastest conception - symptom situation ever. What is it 24 hours?

I think it's so weird they just up and decided to fire Michael. It really makes no sense. It seems like a really convenient way to end the affair. Lazy writing, IMO.

Well, don't forget that Julia didn't want him from the beginning. She was afraid of exactly what happened. Tom really wanted Michael, but that was before he knew what would happen. I guess he figured the play would go down in flames if he couldn't get Julia back on track.

Anyone have any idea why Katherine Macfee didn't meet with the recording producer? That was lame. She gives up an amazing opportunity for what? But, then there would be no show :lol:.

And what in the world is going on next week. Seems like everyone is ready to screw everyone.

dramagrrl
03-20-2012, 11:25 PM
I think Michael, as a character, is totally lame, but I have to begrudgingly say the actor really sold that "Lexington and 52nd Street" number. That was the first time I got any indication of the "OMG, Michael is so hot and great and has so much stage presence!" factor from him at all.

Why does Katharine McPhee wave her arms around awkwardly and gyrate every time she sings a song without set choreography? I want to tie her arms to her sides.

They may still go there. When she said she almost threw up, I thought - pregnant. But, that would be the fastest conception - symptom situation ever. What is it 24 hours?
They could make her pregnant with her husband's child, and they could be all, "Oh joy! Now we don't have to adopt!"... and then Frank will somehow find out about her affair with Michael and everything will go to hell.

soxxy
03-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Smash is renewed for a second season (or at least it's official):

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/nbcs-smash-renewed-for-second-season/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The creator/executive producer is leaving.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/smash-creator-theresa-rebeck-to-depart/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Wyliefan
03-22-2012, 11:03 PM

Maybe she's having a Renesmee? :)

viennese
03-23-2012, 08:19 PM
I doubt it's the last we'll see of him

So true. he's got a hell of a case for a sexual harassment lawsuit - classic. But if he went public with it, in the words of the show's producer: He'll Never Work In This Town Again.

nypanda
03-23-2012, 08:36 PM
So true. he's got a hell of a case for a sexual harassment lawsuit - classic. But if he went public with it, in the words of the show's producer: He'll Never Work In This Town Again.

Nah. Workshop's over, contract's over. That's the point of these things. No guarentees.

cruisin
03-23-2012, 08:47 PM

I don't know, he was the one who went after Julia. She didn't go after him.

genevieve
03-27-2012, 04:43 PM
I don't know, he was the one who went after Julia. She didn't go after him.

but she responded, and she's the one with power. although I agree the contract had to have been just for the workshop.

Loved Eileen's daughter, especially slamming the door in Ellis' face. Ellis is back to being evil, although a more interesting version of evil - deciding to ditch Tom for Eileen in a pretty crappy way because "artists are losers" :lol:

Did NOT love Eileen's daughter pulling the "I need to speak to you RIGHT NOW" in the middle of the song debacle, to read her mom the riot act...just felt hokey. And everyone going "I'm so sorry" like 20 seconds after the song? Was silly. Did someone forget to keep track of time with the script and they had to cram the Big Scene into about a minute?

Michael took the firing pretty well considering the last few eps he's been bordering on obsessive stalker over Julia. Looks like Cuckolded Husband will finally catch on next week, whee!

cruisin
03-27-2012, 05:30 PM
but she responded, and she's the one with power. although I agree the contract had to have been just for the workshop.

True, but I don't see it as sexual harassment, under those circumstances.

Could not get over Grace Gummer. Is she her mother's clone or what!

Rob
03-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Could not get over Grace Gummer. Is she her mother's clone or what!

I didn't know she was going to be on this, but the minute she walked in, I said "is that Streep's daughter?"