PDA

View Full Version : NBC's Smash.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Rob
02-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Much better this week. Faster moving, more drama and b!tch!ness.

genevieve
02-28-2012, 05:11 PM
And even though Ivy was seen as being bitchy, we also got to see the other side of it a bit

cruisin
02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
And even though Ivy was seen as being bitchy, we also got to see the other side of it a bit

Not sure what you are referring to :confused:, what do you mean other side of it?

genevieve
02-28-2012, 05:33 PM
that she should have gotten a heads up that her main competition was in the chorus ensemble, which must be unnerving to an actor in her first lead role, and that the rest of the ensemble pointed out that Karen was, in fact, standing out too much in the chorus.

cruisin
02-28-2012, 05:41 PM
that she should have gotten a heads up that her main competition was in the chorus ensemble, which must be unnerving to an actor in her first lead role, and that the rest of the ensemble pointed out that Karen was, in fact, standing out too much in the chorus.

Oh, okay. I suppose I didn't understand why she was surprised or upset by it. They both were going after the lead, but is it unusual for them to give a lesser role to the one not picked? I would think she would have expected it. I did think that Karen was standing out too much, but I didn't get the impression it was deliberate, or malicious, just that she'd never been in that situation before.

Jayar
02-28-2012, 05:54 PM
That was much improved. I loved Karen and her new friends, all the rehearsal stuff was great. And that number at the B-Day party, that was first time I bought Hilty as Marilyn.

And those outdoor shots of NYC--sigh. Another sigh to Tom's blind date. He looks damn familiar--anyone know who he is?

Neal Bledsoe. He played Tyler -- Daniel's illegitimate brother on Ugly Betty.

Rob
02-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I don't think it is unusual for a runner up for a role to be offered a lesser role or an understudy position.

AliasJohnDoe
02-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Meryl Streep's daughter, Grace Gummer, in "Smash":
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/02/smash-first-look-meryl-streeps-daughter-grace-gummer.html

ross_hy
02-28-2012, 10:10 PM
I read somewhere that Nick Jonas would be interested in coming back to the show, if offered the chance.

I don't like how they're making Ivy insufferable towards Karen, but it seems like that's her insecurity coming through. Judging by previews for next week's episode, the insecurity is warranted. I am glad that Karen stood up to the other ensemble members and friends to boot.

jenny12
02-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Was I the only one who was a bit impressed by Nick Jonas on the show. He actually me feel for that young Broadway star... When it was clear that he was sitting in the corner perhaps not wanting to have to perform everyone, and I almost felt like he was playing Lyle as perhaps feeling a bit "not you too wanting money" Eileen.

I agree. I thought Nick Jonas did a nice job. He's definitely a better actor than Katherine McPhee, but that's not too hard. I wouldn't mind seeing him again on the show.

numbers123
02-29-2012, 12:07 AM
I agree. I thought Nick Jonas did a nice job. He's definitely a better actor than Katherine McPhee, but that's not too hard. I wouldn't mind seeing him again on the show.

I suspect that he will have some sort of recurring role based upon his "purchase" of the painting. That his character will have some interest in the production.

I am so over the Ivy role - she is either overacting the role or the writers are giving her bad writing to work with.

Theatregirl1122
02-29-2012, 12:46 AM
I thought she did a good job on Rumor Has It. Fun episode, and next week looks like dishy fun.

It's not that I didn't like her singing. I am just tired of everyone singing Adele.

I am not a fan of Nick's singing but I agree that his acting was pretty good.

genevieve
02-29-2012, 05:02 AM
It's not that I didn't like her singing. I am just tired of everyone singing Adele.
Agreed. At least they didn't do "Someone Like You". I am really over that song.

I thought the Jonas guy was wooden and awkward. I like the idea of the character but I don't need to see Jonas again.

heckles
02-29-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't think it is unusual for a runner up for a role to be offered a lesser role or an understudy position.

Almost all of the orphans who were in Annie tried out for the lead role. In some cases, an orphan eventually got the role when the lead departed.

cruisin
02-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Almost all of the orphans who were in Annie tried out for the lead role. In some cases, an orphan eventually got the role when the lead departed.

Right, exactly what I thought, so why would Ivy need a heads up?