PDA

View Full Version : NBC's Smash.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Erin
02-22-2012, 01:20 AM
I've been giving this show a chance but the real problem is that it doesn't seem to be a lot of fun. It's not in on the joke.

It's all right for what it's worth - something to leave on the TV while I'm getting ready for work on Tuesday mornings. But I don't keep it on my PVR, have no desire to re-watch and if something screwed up on my PVR and caused me to miss a couple of episodes, I wouldn't track them down and would likely just drop the show.

heckles
02-22-2012, 02:53 AM
Hilty will workshop the show, the end up pregnant from the one-night stand. No-good-but-talented director will rise to the occassion and stand by her irl, but have no choice but to replace her for the out of town tryouts.

Yeah, I'm guessing that Ivy will not ultimately be Marilyn. The audience has too much emotional investment in Karen, the underdog.

reckless
02-22-2012, 06:03 AM
Yeah, I'm guessing that Ivy will not ultimately be Marilyn. The audience has too much emotional investment in Karen, the underdog.
Either that or the workshops will show something isn't working and the writers will decide that the musical needs to be more metaphysical and have both Marilyn and Norma Jean on-stage at the same time. Then Ivy and Karen can both be leads.

MarieM
02-22-2012, 08:29 AM
I knew Debra Messing got divorced rather recently, but didn't know she was dating Joe DiMaggio, I mean the actor, Will Chase, in real life. So her character in Smash had an affair with him when she was married and now Debra is.......oy

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20565155,00.html

That's the most intersting story of it all so far, which says a lot about that show. :eek:

I still don't like Ivy. She's annoying in all she does. Don't ask me why. She's supposed to be that poor poor girl who stayed in the chorus for so long etc but I still don't get the "I'm a poor girl" thing. Well she doesn't seem nice.

bek
02-22-2012, 08:34 AM
That's the most intersting story of it all so far, which says a lot about that show. :eek:

I still don't like Ivy. She's annoying in all she does. Don't ask me why. She's supposed to be that poor poor girl who stayed in the chorus for so long etc but I still don't get the "I'm a poor girl" thing. Well she doesn't seem nice.

I actually fee for Ivy, but I can't get over how dumb she is. I mean for her to buy Derek's whole story about his apartment..:rolleyes: I can totally buy that she deserves the part over Karen-right now.

I wonder if one of Karen/Ivy is going to end up going to My Fair Lady. They keep on mentioning that one A. LOT.

Theatregirl1122
02-22-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm still trying to absorb the fact that in Smash-land there is a musical featuring the music of Bruno Mars and, apparently, the cast of Rent.

I just stared at my TV through that entire scene.

my little pony
02-22-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm still trying to absorb the fact that in Smash-land there is a musical featuring the music of Bruno Mars and, apparently, the cast of Rent.

i couldnt wrap my head around it so i pretended i heard it wrong.

flutzilla1
02-22-2012, 06:20 PM
He has definitely gotten sexier with age. He's playing the evil director so well, and they've scruffed him up and dress him better. I still can't believe it's been so long since Coupling. :lol: I also think the actor playing Dev is :grope:

The actor playing Dev is great too -- loved him when he was on MI-5. Still mad that they never resolved his storyline with Jo on that show...:(

ioana
02-22-2012, 06:34 PM
The actor playing Dev is great too -- loved him when he was on MI-5. Still mad that they never resolved his storyline with Jo on that show...:(

Oh, I had no idea Raza Jaffrey was on the show. I clearly need to watch this now :D! And I'm actually glad they never had Zaf and Jo get together on MI-5. I'm not a very big fan of shows mimicking real-life relationships.

manhn
02-28-2012, 04:55 AM
That was much improved. I loved Karen and her new friends, all the rehearsal stuff was great. And that number at the B-Day party, that was first time I bought Hilty as Marilyn.

And those outdoor shots of NYC--sigh. Another sigh to Tom's blind date. He looks damn familiar--anyone know who he is?

jenny12
02-28-2012, 05:00 AM
Heard this episode improved and as much bad as I thought last week's episode was, I thought this was better. The writing still needs to be stronger, but the episode kept my interest, as well as the evil, sexy, English director. :swoon: I think the show would greatly improve if it was more about Derek and less about Ivy and Karen.

Theatregirl1122
02-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Definitely thought the show was on an upswing tonight. I'd have rather they didn't have Karen sing any of Rumor Has It, though.

genevieve
02-28-2012, 09:41 AM
I thought she did a good job on Rumor Has It. Fun episode, and next week looks like dishy fun.

cruisin
02-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Guess Ivy is turning into the manipulative bi_ch we expected from the beginning. Just proves power corrupts :D!

bek
02-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Was I the only one who was a bit impressed by Nick Jonas on the show. He actually me feel for that young Broadway star... When it was clear that he was sitting in the corner perhaps not wanting to have to perform everyone, and I almost felt like he was playing Lyle as perhaps feeling a bit "not you too wanting money" Eileen.