PDA

View Full Version : Prometheus - prequel to 'Alien' [?]

Pages : [1] 2

olympic
01-22-2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrF7JNLWyIw&feature=related

I've seen nothing posted, but this will probably be a huge summer movie event.

Directed by Ridley Scott. He's back at the helm w/ a big cast - Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, etc. The movie will deal with certain events referenced in the 1st 'Alien' movie from 1979 - one being, who was the dead Space Jockey sitting in a pilot's chair with an exploded chest on the planet that the Nostromo initially touched down on? I also think the movie may bring back the tension and fear of the 1st film

But apparently, the movie will stand alone and not be a prequel per se. It deals with scientists pursuing questions about the genesis of life. I can't tell if the movie will deal with the Xenomorphs [the actual 'aliens']

Can't wait!

PrincessLeppard
01-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Sounds awesome. I will definitely see it.

I watch Aliens every time I stumble across it on teevee. I pretend the one after that didn't happen....

Beefcake
01-22-2012, 08:15 PM
:cheer2: Sounds very promising.

I love futuristic movies when they're expertly written and produced, and RScott (Blade Runner) generally assures that both boxes are checked.

Also looking forward to :yikes: his upcoming "Red Riding". Looks harrowing, and loves me some :swoon: Paddy Consadine.

galaxygirl
01-23-2012, 03:47 AM
I recently got the Alien quadrilogy from the library and found myself enjoying the fourth movie the most. :shuffle:

olympic
01-23-2012, 01:02 PM
I like the fact that they are trying to make this a stand-alone movie [film with an independent plot, not a straight prequel because sequels and prequels a lot of times fail]. But, I think from what I read, it will have many 'references' to Alien

Satellitegirl
01-24-2012, 09:31 PM
I can't wait to see this movie. Got excited when I saw the trailer. I love the Alien(s) movie(s).

olympic
01-24-2012, 10:17 PM
I can't wait to see this movie. Got excited when I saw the trailer. I love the Alien(s) movie(s).

I loved the musical score. Really powerful

Civic
01-25-2012, 01:00 AM
I loved the first two "Alien" films so I'll probably see this one as well. I still think the first one is the best science fiction film I've seen to date. Ripley is one of my favorite female characters in film.

PrincessLeppard
01-25-2012, 03:21 AM
I really like the first movie, but to me, Aliens is one of the rarest of all movies, the sequel that's actually better than the first film. :)

galaxygirl
01-25-2012, 06:47 AM
I really like the first movie, but to me, Aliens is one of the rarest of all movies, the sequel that's actually better than the first film. :)

I hear this a lot and I just don't get it. Alien was terrifying and Aliens was merely entertaining. Then again, I'm probably the only person in the world who liked the fourth one. :lol:

olympic
01-25-2012, 01:12 PM
^Long ago, I heard the difference between 'Alien' and 'Aliens' was this - Alien is a horror film, Aliens is an Adventure film

Beefcake
01-25-2012, 03:46 PM
:respec: Loved (and have both and A3 in a deluxe DVD set) Alien and Aliens ... yes, far different movies, but with equal carnage.

Also: Michael Biehn :grope:

Don't want to spoil anyone, 20 years after-release, but Alien 3 was infuriating, basically wiping out the heroicism of Aliens. :angryfire

But, you could see flashes of brilliance and hints of greatness in that flick from the then music-videos-cum-first-time-feature-director David Fincher.

ETA: I really enjoyed Alien Resurrection. Fast, different, and really deftly brought things to the cusp of hot Lesbian clonelove between Weaver and Wynona Ryder. ;)

galaxygirl
01-25-2012, 04:12 PM
ETA: I really enjoyed Alien Resurrection.

Praise ceiling cat, I'm not alone!

PrincessLeppard
01-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Also: Michael Biehn :grope:

Yes. :swoon:

Don't want to spoil anyone, 20 years after-release, but Alien 3 was infuriating, basically wiping out the heroicism of Aliens. :angryfire

This as well. The film lost me right at the beginning. All Newt did to survive, and all Hicks went through, all for naught. I nearly walked out of the theatre.

I didn't mind the fourth film. But it's not in the league as the first two.

galaxygirl
01-25-2012, 06:33 PM
I didn't mind the fourth film. But it's not in the league as the first two.

Qualitywise, I agree with you but the older I get, the less I like scary movies. The real world is scary enough. :lol: