PDA

View Full Version : How well would Staviski & Denkova have done at the 2010 Olympics had they not retired

Pages : 1 [2]

Domshabfan
01-20-2012, 07:21 AM
He really should be, I'm surprised he's not.

Sorry, you should apply Bulgarian law and not US law in this case... fair or not is different question, however the accident happened in Bulgaria and whether any special rule where made to except him from jail sentence is the only question here.

Between Lutai and Staviski has a lot of similarities apart from being Russians don't they?

julieann
01-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Sorry, you should apply Bulgarian law and not US law in this case... fair or not is different question, however the accident happened in Bulgaria and whether any special rule where made to except him from jail sentence is the only question here.

I wasn't aware it was Bulgaria's law to allow someone twice the legal limit who killed someone and left another comatose not to serve jail time. I would have assumed if they bother to have a legal limit they aren't tolerant with drunk drivers in their country. I guess if Bulgaria allows all it's drunk drivers who kill to walk then it's ok-but I doubt they do. Fair? I personally don't think so but you would have to ask the family of the kid he killed. I just hope he never gets a phone call that his wife and child were killed by a drunk driver.

But he is sorry...

"I am at a loss for words with which to express the way I feel. I am very distressed and shocked by what happened. I would like to express my deepest and most sincere sympathies with the families of the victims. This is a huge tragedy, it is very personal and affects everyone close to me. I know that this will turn upside down my life and the life of Albena forever."

To answer the original question, I think probably 5th, 6th at the very lowest.

bek
01-23-2012, 07:49 AM

Between Lutai and Staviski has a lot of similarities apart from being Russians don't they?

Well Lutai didn't kill anyone.:slinkaway

vivika1982
01-24-2012, 03:22 AM
Probably second or third if only....
We had too many "ifs" between the 2006 and 2010 OG:French D/S pregnancy,Russian D/S injuries and etc.And what if N/K decided to come back like Plushenko to defend their tittle and the honor of Russian's Ice Dance.We can go on and on but the truth is: it wasn't meant to be.And that's all.

Just for the sake of the facts in one interview Albena mentioned that before their final decision they went to Linichuk and Karponosov for advise about their chances and wheiter or not to compete at 2010 OG.

mineko
01-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Probably second or third if only....
We had too many "ifs" between the 2006 and 2010 OG:French D/S pregnancy,Russian D/S injuries and etc.And what if N/K decided to come back like Plushenko to defend their tittle and the honor of Russian's Ice Dance.We can go on and on but the truth is: it wasn't meant to be.And that's all.

Just for the sake of the facts in one interview Albena mentioned that before their final decision they went to Linichuk and Karponosov for advise about their chances and wheiter or not to compete at 2010 OG.

ITA. It's a moot point to speculate.

aliceanne
01-26-2012, 09:32 PM
I thought they skated well at the 2006 Olympics, but the judges only had them 5th. Why would you think they would place better in 2010?

EBASKoroleva
01-26-2012, 11:39 PM
What would have happened if Delobel had not gotten pregnant?

SIGH.... What if...

Also I would have had DelSchoes much higher in the 2006 Olympics. :(

I also wonder about the other D&S. They were so unique and talented.

Not to mention DomShas with Maxim's injury.

Sigh, those were the days of ice dancing. When all D&S's did so well. I miss them.