PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Loser - No Excuses! (except for Conda)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

genevieve
01-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Did last season scare everyone away? I didn't bother watching any of it - no Jillian, Anna Kournikova as a trainer, why bother? - and it sounds like it was kind of a dud with Bob's team winning everything.

But I'm back this season :cheer2: And kinda liking Dolvett - although he needs to lay off the teeth whitener a bit :P I like that they're back to playing individually, even though there's astill a team component. Favorites so far are Emily (former heavyweight lifter), Santa Roy and Buddy. Last night made me love Cassandra as well. And I'm rooting for Team Aqua to make it back in the game - I wonder if they know once they're in the game they won't be competing as a team? Probably not...but they seem competitive so I think they'll be fine.

Of course, Conda has been a total bitch from week 1. She certainly makes for good television (since everyone else seems pretty lovey dovey), but I can't believe Dolvett didn't throw in a few "No Excuses!!!" when she was whining that Cassandra cheated in that first head-to-head challenge. I can only imagine that he did toss her a few, but TPTB are saving it all for next week. So glad Cassandra blew her out of the water in both the rematch and at the weigh in. Having Cassandra be the person with the highest overall weight loss in the house now just provided an extra burn :EVILLE:

But WHAT is up with the quitters?!? I know Ben didn't technically quit, but to me, asking to be sent home (in the 1st week no less!!!!!!!!) is just quitting in a way that doesn't hurt the rest of your team. But then Joe can't even wait a couple more days to do the same thing and penalizes the rest of his team in a competition. What a jerk! I'm glad the black team was able to win this week anyway. I'm guessing that Joe won't be at the finale, like Rulon Gardner 2 seasons ago. I was surprised they even showed him getting a call from Bob at home, but I guess Bob wanted an opportunity to have his say :P

Is anyone with me this season?!?

professordeb
01-18-2012, 08:29 PM
I watch it inbetween other things -- like hockey games :)
I loved that Bob has the black team cause that almost always seems to be the team I'm rooting for -- which meant Jillian in earlier seasons.

Joe - what a waste of space. Leave your team hanging, screw over your "partner". Yeah, have a good life there Joe, don't let the door slam you on your fat ass as your walked out. Sheesh.

Cassandra - WTG girl! Smack talk going on and she proves her worth in more ways than one. The way she enjoyed her subway food -- delish!

jamesy
01-19-2012, 12:59 AM
Is anyone with me this season?!?
Kind of. I stopped about halfway through the season with Rulon and only started watching this season because Glee was on hiatus then. :P

I know that there have been circumstances, but I find it interesting that some of the bigger guys have gone home so early. I find the seasons where the Fat Guys Alliance ran everything to be kind of boring, so having that shaken up a bit is fun.

OMG Conda...I wonder if she will be the next Vicki? :watch: :scream:

Sassafras
01-19-2012, 01:10 AM
I enjoyed last season - mostly because I really liked the vast majority of contestants. This season I haven't quite warmed up to the group as whole yet. Dolvett :swoon:

Fridge_Break
01-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Conda is such a vapid witch. I'm hoping she stays around a bit longer to generate some talk about the show. Ever since Jillian left, the ratings haven't been very good. I was so glad that Cassandra stomped all over her smug ass not one, but 3 times in a row. I'm a bit surprised she didn't vote for Nancy just since she came in as Cassandra's partner, but I guess she's wanting to get the threats out ASAP. Lauren was one of those that was steadily going to lose weight and could make it to the end. I'm not looking forward to seeing Gail's reaction to her leaving, though. It's going to be sad. I also think they're editing Gail in a way that makes me think she's going to have a huge turnaround and really start putting up some massive numbers in the weeks to come.

I don't have a favorite yet. I like Santa & Mrs. Claus. The pink girls are allright. I want to see how far grandma can go, too. Bob having a pissy because she only lost 2 pounds is a bit of an overreaction since she was able to have an easy week since Joe left.

Stupid Joe. There's way too many people out there that need the resources this show offers. I've never liked quitters on any show, but especially this one since it's so life-changing.

Bob is getting annoying, it's like he's on a multiple-week-long period.

Rob
01-19-2012, 03:00 AM
I've been watching it. Hate Conda. She's so defensive and all about excuses. I like Cassandra, Mr. & Mrs. Claus, Emily, and the young guy whose name escapes me.

ilovesalchows
01-19-2012, 04:54 AM
I think grandma threw the weigh in. At least she should have.

AragornElessar
01-19-2012, 05:10 AM
We (Mom and I) also can't stand Conda. I mean...You're so full of yourself that you have to stoop to calling someone a cheat, and forget that you've got cameras following your every single move in that Gym? I mean...I get Massive Chip On Shoulder, but she's really *that* arrogant?

Idiot!!

Cassandra beating Conda where it really counted, on the scale, was one of the sweeter things I've seen on TBL over the Seasons I've watched. Even my Mom was snickering over that one.

Oh and is it just us, or does Emily bear more than just a passing resemblance to Christine "Tuffy" Hough-Sweeney? Especially when she smiles or grins? As I said, maybe it's just us, but we w/out a doubt see it.

I also really like Dolvett, but him wanting to beat Bob all the time is starting to get on my nerves. Can't help but wonder if he's so focused on that, he's not focusing as much on his Team as he should be. JMO of course.

merrywidow
01-19-2012, 08:11 PM
I have no favorites yet but this is one of my favorite reality shows.

genevieve
01-19-2012, 09:57 PM
I was also pleased to see that, after so many seasons of pushing the upper limit on heaviest contestants (I seriously thought we were going to end up with an 800 lb contestant at some point), they have pulled back quite a bit. Only a couple of guys in the 400-lb range, many of the women in the 250-lb range. The first episode they all looked really small to begin with, but I think going so big really made the show seem a lot more sensational and less about doing good.

Rob
01-19-2012, 10:05 PM
I like that too. Contestants still deserve to be chosen even if they don't need to lose over half their body weight. Plus, if they are really serious about the Biggest Loser movement, I can sit on my couch and eat potato chips and justify that I am not as big as Albert or Michael or Dan or Shay. Not so much with people who look about the same as me.

pollyanna
01-20-2012, 03:43 PM
I agree. I just recently watched Season 1 and was shocked to see that two of the contestants weighed less than I do now. It seriously kicked my ass into action.

Rob
02-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Conda is still smug and annoying, and she doesn't seem to be learning much. I actually like the new team, but the guy would be better off sitting back and observing a bit. But it is funny watching him get in the red team's faces.

genevieve
02-01-2012, 06:53 PM
The red team :wall: how does Conda not get any votes, ever? She is such a shit stirrer. I feel bad for Adrian, because he got blamed (or partially blamed) for the dissent that started with Conda and Kim. But he does seem to be trying to get up to speed quickly on the game part of the show, and that has already really hurt him. If the red team loses next week I fully expect them to vote him off.

I also thought all the :argue: comments about the aqua team's lack of weight loss in the first week was a bit lame, considering that most of the rest of the contestants had equally minimal losses. Both of them commented about food - I kinda wonder if they were starving themselves in the last week or so prior to the ranch weigh in to try to make the weight.

Rob
02-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Both of them commented about food - I kinda wonder if they were starving themselves in the last week or so prior to the ranch weigh in to try to make the weight.

That could be, plus if they were eating really low carb and reintroduced carbs this week, it could throw things off.