PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Loser - No Excuses! (except for Conda)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

birdgal
04-18-2012, 03:59 PM
But the winner is based on total percentage lost from the beginning. Kim may have already come close to the 50% lost mark. I forget what her starting weight was. But I think they said recently that she had the biggest percentage lost in the house at that point. Typically the winner is at least 40%, IIRC. The biggest risk for Kim would have been getting voted out before the end, and she got past that hurdle. I think Conda will not lose enough at home to catch Kim. Or, I guess that's what I hope.

Thank you for the clarification. I also hope that Conda is unable to catch Kim.

But, how does one lose 15 pounds in one week at this stage of the game, especially when one is close to goal?

Rob
04-18-2012, 04:01 PM
I don't know why she would have water loaded last week, but that is generally how someone could have a huge loss late in the game. She doesn't seem like that kind of game player anyway.

genevieve
04-18-2012, 04:12 PM
Jesus, what a bunch of whiner babies :blah: I sooooo wish Jillian were here this season, she would have gone off on them. Then again, I think SHE would have walked out already based on this cast being such a lame group of quitters.

I think Mark was the ringleader for this walkout. He's been the biggest jerk on the ranch the whole time, and as someone pointed out, he already asked the producers to change the rules for his son. You could see light bulbs flickering in the rest of them when the lawyer pointed out that their contract clearly said someone WILL be coming back this season, but not for Mark. He drove his stake in the ground and nothing was going to change that "I' sorry you see it that way" etc etc. Plus he said he's only 11 pounds away from his goal weight, so why should he have to stay away from his family etc etc etc? Asshat. Buddy, by contrast, came across as a follower who wasn't sure how to get himself out of it without looking wussy, so he just went along with King Mark ("I don't consider myself a quitter, even though I'm....uh....quitting"). I liked Buddy despite his part on the Brat Alliance, but now I think he's just lame.

I think Kim, Conda and Jeremy wised up and realized they all had a much better chance to win without the two biggest guys still in the game :sekret: Kim participated in the drama, but she is way too much of a competitor to actually quit the show.

I half expected Jeremy to quit before getting on the scale, just because he's spent so much time on this show protecting his sister. I was surprised to see that he's the younger brother. I really wish he's lost 3 more pounds :( OMG Conda's meltdown after his weigh-in was so rude! Kim was all :shuffle:

The only person I want to come back into the competition is Emily.

merrywidow
04-18-2012, 05:47 PM
I wonder if future contracts will address quitting because you can't hack the rules by stating that a contestant will not only forfeit their chance at winning but will repay the producers for all training & living expenses while on the ranch?. That might make the wussies think twice. As far as I'm concerned that's all Mark & Buddy wanted...was free weight loss help.

genevieve
04-18-2012, 05:52 PM
yeah, I'm thinking after this season the contracts will have severe punishments for quitters

Rob
04-18-2012, 06:40 PM
I think quitting provides drama, and they like drama.

For a No Excuses season, there sure have been a lot of quitters. I do think Mark was the ringleader, and I hate that Buddy followed suit. He has a lot more to lose, and he could have won.

Hoping Chism doesn't get the final 3 slot. Nothing against him at all, but I'd hate to see his dad get the satisfaction.

genevieve
04-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I don't want to see Chism, or Roy, or Buddy's partner (although didn't he quit in week 1 or week 2? I can't remember if he was the actual quitter, or the one who asked to be voted off and therefore might be eligible to come back) back in the finale.

Sassafras
04-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Last season I really liked the cast. This season has sure been a downer. Sure hope Kim wins at this point.

genevieve
04-18-2012, 06:54 PM
the twop recap is a beauty

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/the-biggest-loser-1/season-13-episode-16.php?page=1

Fridge_Break
04-18-2012, 08:23 PM
I haven't read TWOP in years, but that is amazing :encore:

heckles
04-18-2012, 08:41 PM
As far as I'm concerned that's all Mark & Buddy wanted...was free weight loss help.

Isn't that the point of being on this show? The producers and NBC make a mint, why shouldn't the participants benefit as well?

The worst part about last night was that the three most annoying contestants were the ones who remained. Here I was hoping that Cun-duh was finally outta there.

AragornElessar
04-18-2012, 09:04 PM
I thought of something last night and maybe I have this wrong, but...

I don't remember any mention of a new edition of a TBL cookbook for this Season. They usually do mention it during that Season's run at some point, but I don't remember anything this Season. Now they do feature the previous Seasons' contestants, like the Fast and Easy one has tips from the Season this past Fall contestants and Dolvett, Bob and Anna in it, but I don't remember seeing one for this Season featured at all.

Perhaps they realized w/this bunch no one would buy it?

jamesy
04-19-2012, 06:12 AM
That being said, I feel like this is a relatively recent thing where the show has brought back eliminated contestants. I don't remember that happening when I was first watching the show.
Bringing back eliminated contestants is almost a cliche in reality shows--not just TBL--that a part of me is amused that they were so shocked. Like someone else said, what probably got them was that it happened so late.

Not just that it was so late, but they probably assumed they were already home free after the return of the Aqua Team. (They were snotty back then, too, and they knew about possibility that since day one.) I can see where they would be mad that someone else could come back right at the end, but this cast is so unlikable that I can't really muster up the interest to be mad on their behalf. :lol:

genevieve
04-19-2012, 06:54 AM
yeah, these people were livid about the Aqua Team returning even though they were told in the first ep that the team that didn't make it would have a chance later to come onto the ranch. When that time came, the main clique freaked out about how unfair it was that these interlopers would have the opportunity to come back :blah: what a bunch of jerks!

Rob
04-19-2012, 03:38 PM
I thought they were total jerks to Aqua so I would be really happy if the eliminated contestant who makes the final is one of Aqua. Or the Blue team guy who let himself be eliminated because his brother was cliquing with the other guys and ignoring him. He seemed like a whiner at the time, but he probably just felt like an outcast from the clique that was already developing.