PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Loser - No Excuses! (except for Conda)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Rob
04-11-2012, 01:58 PM
2) Where/why did she get all that food? The sheer amount of it was comical. Chris clearly didn't go buy it. Room service? Who paid for it? Why would the show pay for that on a weight loss show? Seriously, it looked like they plopped it in front of her and told her to eat it.

That was such a set up! When they showed the view of where they were staying, it looked like it was near my old office, which was across the street from Treasury and the White House. Either that was room service (with a huge jar of mayo?) or she/producers went out and made several stops. No grocery stores there so she'd had to have gone to CVS to get the big jar of mayonnaise and I think she had a big ketchup too. And if that was a hamburger, there is a 5 Guys there, but in a food court that is a few blocks from the CVS. No way she did that without producer intervention.

genevieve
04-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Maybe she told them she was going to quit, and after having already had 2 quitters this season they told her "you're going to have to eat your way out of this one" and gave her a big incentive to do so rather than to just walk out.

There is also speculation on twop that the phone call we saw was not the real phone call...that Chris was so homesick after seeing her kids at the WH that she called Roy telling him she wanted to come home.

:blah: to both of them no matter what!

If anyone other than Kim wins I'll be furious

Rob
04-11-2012, 06:08 PM
I hope Kim wins too.

I think I am giving this show up after this year. Unless they ever do Biggest Loser: Man & Beast and have overweight people with their their overweight pets. I might watch that. The pets could have agility trainers and the people could keep Bob and Dolvett.

birdgal
04-11-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm rooting for Kim too. What I am concerned about, is that her weight is lower, so she has a lower percentage of remaining weight to lose. The others are heavier, and if they continue to pull in large numbers, it will mean a greater percentage of weight lost. This may beat Kim.

genevieve
04-11-2012, 08:39 PM
yeah, Kim is pretty close to done. But if the rest of them walk off, she could win by default :D

heckles
04-11-2012, 10:56 PM
I think I am giving this show up after this year. Unless they ever do Biggest Loser: Man & Beast and have overweight people with their their overweight pets.

I'd watch that if someone's pit-bull tore a hunk of out Conda's smirk.

sk8pics
04-14-2012, 11:21 AM
I only watch this show any more because of Bob, although I am curious about the big walk-out.

Sassafras
04-14-2012, 01:56 PM
I still don't like Conda, but her daughter sure is a cutie. Definitely rooting for Kim. While fully understanding that these "reality" shows have a lot of producer intervention, they pushed it too far with the Chris drama. Very happy for her with the makeover though. When I first saw her I thought she was about my age - not 20 years younger!

birdgal
04-14-2012, 03:04 PM
I still don't like Conda, but her daughter sure is a cutie. Definitely rooting for Kim. While fully understanding that these "reality" shows have a lot of producer intervention, they pushed it too far with the Chris drama. Very happy for her with the makeover though. When I first saw her I thought she was about my age - not 20 years younger!

That is what I thought, too. I thought that she was around 60 and not in her 40's. Amazing what hair color can do. That is why I color mine. :D

AragornElessar
04-18-2012, 01:26 AM
You know something? If this had been a surprise, then okay, I'd sort of understand why what happened happened, but...BUT...

This was in each and everyone of their freaking contracts!! That they all signed. I mean...Really?

What really pissed me off though was when Bob and Dolvett confronted them and when Bob asked Kim what was going on, she looks at him and says, "This doesn't concern you." After all those two have done for this group of brats and whiners, that to me was the most digusting thing I've seen this season. And considering Conda's behaviour, that's saying a lot. To me, that was the ultimate form of disrespect any of them could have pulled.

All I could think was, "You're all very very *very* lucky Jillian's not there." Then again, I don't think the inmates would have gained control of the asylum if she was there too.

As Bob said, this happens every single year, so what's the big deal? Not to mention it's written right there in their contracts it will happen?

If it wasn't for the fact all the ones I liked were eliminated and I want to see how they're doing, I'd be done here and now w/this Season.

sk8pics
04-18-2012, 01:03 PM
I agree about them being lucky that Jillian wasn't there, although perhaps she'd have been speechless like Bob was. Totally agree, this was in their contracts, so they should not have been surprised. And really, what babies, all this whining about it not being fair and so on. Really? Something happened to you that was unfair? Suck it up and meet your obligations. That being said, I feel like this is a relatively recent thing where the show has brought back eliminated contestants. I don't remember that happening when I was first watching the show.

I'm only still watching because of Bob. But I sort of hope Kim wins the whole thing because she really has worked her butt off and hasn't whined quite as much as some of the others. And seriously, 15 pounds at this point? That is unreal. I am sorry that Conda made it to the finals as I still think she is a brat, though her edit lately has been kinder. I thought Jeremy might have won over Conda for once, but he gave all his previous prizes to her, so this is basically more of the same. I'm not saying he did that intentionally, but it worked out that way.

birdgal
04-18-2012, 02:12 PM
I agree about them being lucky that Jillian wasn't there, although perhaps she'd have been speechless like Bob was. Totally agree, this was in their contracts, so they should not have been surprised. And really, what babies, all this whining about it not being fair and so on. Really? Something happened to you that was unfair? Suck it up and meet your obligations. That being said, I feel like this is a relatively recent thing where the show has brought back eliminated contestants. I don't remember that happening when I was first watching the show.

I'm only still watching because of Bob. But I sort of hope Kim wins the whole thing because she really has worked her butt off and hasn't whined quite as much as some of the others. And seriously, 15 pounds at this point? That is unreal. I am sorry that Conda made it to the finals as I still think she is a brat, though her edit lately has been kinder. I thought Jeremy might have won over Conda for once, but he gave all his previous prizes to her, so this is basically more of the same. I'm not saying he did that intentionally, but it worked out that way.

How in the heck does she lose 15 pounds at this point in time??? Really?? Conda may win this thing, since she has more weight to lose at this point than Kim.

Fridge_Break
04-18-2012, 02:21 PM
I still haven't watched since I gave up the show like a month and a half ago, but I read about what happened last night. What a group of whiny brats. Good riddance to Mark, who had already whined to production to bend the rules since it "wasn't fair" that his son had the lowest percentage of weight loss and was eliminated that one week. I hope the airplane door shut on his ass as he was flying back home.

Is Jeremy going to be competing in the competition to return since he was sooooo against it happening when it was announced? I bet he will, and I also bet that Conda is okay with the twist now that she bumped her brother -- the only person who really could knock off Kim for the win -- out of the house.

sk8pics
04-18-2012, 03:35 PM
How in the heck does she lose 15 pounds at this point in time??? Really?? Conda may win this thing, since she has more weight to lose at this point than Kim.

But the winner is based on total percentage lost from the beginning. Kim may have already come close to the 50% lost mark. I forget what her starting weight was. But I think they said recently that she had the biggest percentage lost in the house at that point. Typically the winner is at least 40%, IIRC. The biggest risk for Kim would have been getting voted out before the end, and she got past that hurdle. I think Conda will not lose enough at home to catch Kim. Or, I guess that's what I hope.

Fridge_Break, It looked on the preview like Jeremy is competing. And I'd thought, when they were all whining about the eliminated players having a chance to come back, well just beat them in the challenge then, if you're so sure they're unworthy.

Rob
04-18-2012, 03:49 PM
You know something? If this had been a surprise, then okay, I'd sort of understand why what happened happened, but...BUT...

This was in each and everyone of their freaking contracts!! That they all signed. I mean...Really?

I know - did they think that if it didn't happen before final 5, it wouldn't happen at all? Did they read the contract? Guess not. Did they watch last season or were they already filming this one when last season was airing?

In the last few of seasons, the winning percentage has fluctuated between about 45% and 55%. Hopefully Kim has already done enough. Don't know who will get the third spot though.