PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Loser - No Excuses! (except for Conda)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

genevieve
02-27-2012, 07:43 PM
the sad thing is that I still don't know most of their names :shuffle:

jamesy
02-27-2012, 08:03 PM
suddenly the season has gotten more interesting

I'm super interested in all of the juicy gossip that has been swirling over this recently, but I'm still not going to watch the show. I'll spend my 2 hours doing more productive things. But I'll be following along week by week online :P
I do feel kind of bad that I've skipped out on other seasons but this is the season I can't miss. :shuffle:

the sad thing is that I still don't know most of their names :shuffle:
Unless your name is Conda, you are not getting that much airtime. It took me about 4 weeks in to realize there was a player named Megan on there.

genevieve
02-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Who's Megan?

What's a shame is that I really like Emily, and I bet some of the others are kinda interesting too. Kim seems so determined, but she had let herself get pulled down to Conda's level of (im)maturity.

Of course, starting off the season with 2 people who quit (at least one of them waited until the vote) was probably a bad sign. Most of these people just don't want to be there.

Fridge_Break
02-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Of course, starting off the season with 2 people who quit (at least one of them waited until the vote) was probably a bad sign. Most of these people just don't want to be there.

I still think that splitting the teams up was a bad idea and contributed a lot to this. I don't think there would be all of this endless drama if they were playing the couples format and you don't get an entire team full of complete strangers. These people came onto the show thinking they were going to have the support from their partner, and when that was ripped out of their hands, they didn't have much else to turn to.

That being said, Conda would bring on the drama and bullying regardless of the format or who was on her team. There's no getting around that.

Also something interesting I read on Survivor Sucks? Someone noticed that no one has lost 100 lbs yet and they've had 8 weigh-ins. The closest is Buddy and he's at like 87 or so. In previous recent seasons, we've had contestants busting through the 100 barrier in as little as 6 weigh-ins. Now, the time in between each of them might be different for each season, and also I realize that a lot of the bigger guys got booted (or quit) early on, so that might be a factor as well, but it really seems like this group is losing weight at a lot slower pace than seasons' past. Probably because none of them are there for the right reasons anymore.

birdgal
02-29-2012, 02:04 PM
All I say is, too bad it wasn't Conda. I'll leave it at that.

Rob
02-29-2012, 02:12 PM
Well, that was unexpected. Now the spoiler on Mark makes sense

genevieve
02-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Also something interesting I read on Survivor Sucks? Someone noticed that no one has lost 100 lbs yet and they've had 8 weigh-ins. The closest is Buddy and he's at like 87 or so. In previous recent seasons, we've had contestants busting through the 100 barrier in as little as 6 weigh-ins. Now, the time in between each of them might be different for each season, and also I realize that a lot of the bigger guys got booted (or quit) early on, so that might be a factor as well, but it really seems like this group is losing weight at a lot slower pace than seasons' past. Probably because none of them are there for the right reasons anymore.
I think it's tied to having a much smaller cast this season - the race to lose 100 lbs really started when the starting weights reached ridiculous heights. And, as you said, most of the biggest guys left early.

But yeah, overall this has been an under-performing cast. I don't blame splitting up the teams...I think that was a pretty good move. I just think most of these people suck.

Can someone give a recap of the 2nd hour? I was watching The River. Who won the 10K row challenge? Who was eliminated?

ETA: never mind, I read the twop recap. For those who didn't watch, Chism won the row challenge (no surprise), the black team lost the weight loss challenge, but Chism was the only member of the team to not make his weight, so he automatically went home. Mark(? - his dad, who's on the red team) spazzed out offering to go home instead, and then said he was leaving too, although it's not clear if that was resolved in the ep or was left as a dramatik cliff hanger.

Congrats to Buddy and Emily for dropping big numbers! and being among the only likeable people on the show :cheer2:

jamesy
03-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Did the previews for next week give any clues about Mark? (The OnDemand version I watch from Comcast doesn't include the next episode's preview.) Just from watching the episode it seemed like he was ok with everything after he calmed down a bit.

Seconding the cheer for Emily. There's something about her that reminds me a bit of Tara.

Fridge_Break
03-01-2012, 01:34 AM
Did the previews for next week give any clues about Mark? (The OnDemand version I watch from Comcast doesn't include the next episode's preview.) Just from watching the episode it seemed like he was ok with everything after he calmed down a bit.

:sekret: say that he calmed down after the producers intervened in the middle of his outburst and said that they weren't going to bend the rules specifically for him. I read about the whole thing... I find it so hilarious that he was so against Daphne & Adrian getting a second chance (in a game-twist that they all knew was going to happen and was planned out by the producers even before the season started) and then he whines and moans that Chism should get a second chance because he missed his goal by "only 1 pound." :rolleyes:

jamesy
03-01-2012, 01:37 AM
I feel so bad for Sami. There have been so many outbursts and she usually just sits there like she doesn't know what to do. You know Jeff Probst would never put up with any kind of nonsense. :P

Fridge_Break
03-01-2012, 01:39 AM
You mean Ali? :P

jamesy
03-01-2012, 01:49 AM
I suppose, since Sami Brady wouldn't put up with the nonsense, either. :saint:

Twilight1
03-01-2012, 05:06 AM
I love Sami Brady. I was so happy that Alison got this gig. I just hope this crop of contestants doesn't ruin it for because it gets cancelled.

I also love EJ Dimera too... James Scott is hot. haha

jamesy
03-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Just caught up on last week's show (right in time before tonight's show starts). These excuses the show has to make up every week and then the corresponding twists are getting a little lame.

I did like this exchange though:
Cassandra: We have to switch trainers? I could literally cry.
*cut to shot of Emily crying*

Ah well, let's see what happens this week.

AragornElessar
03-28-2012, 02:55 AM
Just bumping it up for tonight...

Personally, regardless of what Chris said during the weigh in about her and Antone's face off, IMO he crossed a line there. Poor lady was embrassed enough about that chicken not being cooked all the way through, which would have happened *if* a certain someone hadn't hogged the big burner to cook his banana and pushed her to the back ones. :rolleyes:

I wanted to reach through the screen and slap him for the way he treated Chris. Not cool IMO.