PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Loser - No Excuses! (except for Conda)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

genevieve
02-15-2012, 07:50 PM
That was pretty sweet, wasn't it? Not that big a surprise though. After all, sure Dolvett worked Miss Thang, but she also had a night out w/friends. I doubt very much Bob let Daphne do that.

My mouth dropped and I mean *dropped* when Dolvett told Conda he was letting her do that. Never when a trainer's gone home w/a contestant over the seasons has that ever happened.
I missed last night's episode, but Jillian actually took Tara (S7)out for a drink when she visited Tara at home, because Tara was stressing out so much about being home and trying to keep up the amazing pace she had on the ranch. Now THAT was :eek:

Sad that Santa was sent packing (well, it IS time to put the xmas displays away, right?) but glad Conda was beat in a head to head AGAIN.

birdgal
02-15-2012, 07:51 PM
So sweet to see Conda lose to Daphne. I know it is drama, but it is getting old. Too bad about Roy, but he is looking great and working for a wonderful cause. He is the real winner.

Rob
02-15-2012, 08:00 PM
That was pretty sweet, wasn't it? Not that big a surprise though. After all, sure Dolvett worked Miss Thang, but she also had a night out w/friends. I doubt very much Bob let Daphne do that.

When Daphne and family went out, Bob went with them. And I am sure they all got a lesson on menu ordering at the same time.

AragornElessar
02-15-2012, 08:45 PM
I missed last night's episode, but Jillian actually took Tara (S7)out for a drink when she visited Tara at home, because Tara was stressing out so much about being home and trying to keep up the amazing pace she had on the ranch. Now THAT was :eek:

Sad that Santa was sent packing (well, it IS time to put the xmas displays away, right?) but glad Conda was beat in a head to head AGAIN.

And you know something? I remembered that about twenty minutes after I'd posted. My Dad's going through another rough patch health wise, so my mind's just a bit distracted at the moment.

AragornElessar
02-15-2012, 09:18 PM
When Daphne and family went out, Bob went with them. And I am sure they all got a lesson on menu ordering at the same time.

True, but he was w/her and now that I think of it, wasn't Jillian and Tara's drink during that period where the Final Four go home for that three months and then come back for the Marathon? That was Jillian's "check up to see how so and so's doing at home so far" on Tara IIRC.

Whereas Dolvett just let Conda off the leash after only couple of months and also out of his sight completely. It would have been one thing if he'd done like Bob did w/Daphne and her Family and they actually did get to some of what's going on or was going on w/Daphne and the Family and showing how they can eat when they go out. Dolvett didn't do that though. He just let Conda go out w/her friends and who knows what happened!?!

Also mad, mad, mad props to Daphne for making it up all those stairs!! My quads were aching just watching her go up those flights of steps. I have a cousin who does the CN Tower climb every year and I thought that was an insane tough climb, but at least those stairs allow you to look outside as you're going up them IIRC. This would have been so much harder w/it being an "inner" stairwell. Was very impressed she pulled that off.

Rob
02-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Yes it was during the final 4 month at home. Not when she was supposed to be locked up on the ranch. Other seasons sent the contestants home for a week during the season, but without the trainer. Last year, one woman went home with Bob, but I don't recall him letting her off the leash.

sk8pics
02-16-2012, 11:22 AM
I was shocked to see that Conda is 23 years old. She acts so much younger, I'd thought she was only around 18 or so. I guess I haven't paid much attention to the bios for the players. I also thought it was :rofl: that Conda was working out with high school kids, since that's where she seems to be from an emotional and social standpoint.

Looks like they are scrambling the teams next week. I saw Conda had a black shirt on in the preview. I wonder who Bob says looks like a liar? If Conda orchestrates a throwing of the weigh in to be able to vote Daphne out, I'm done with this season. Well, except for listening to Bob's tips and such.

genevieve
02-16-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm more scared that Conda has a kid and is responsible for raising another human being :scream:

professordeb
02-16-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm more scared that Conda has a kid and is responsible for raising another human being :scream:

This! I was floored, I tell ya, floored to see that she apparently is a mom. Kids having kids :rolleyes:

Fridge_Break
02-16-2012, 10:49 PM
I was shocked to find out that Conda is from Michigan, right outside of Grand Rapids. I've been to the area numerous times, and for all I know, could have been in the same general vicinity as her at one point or another. So nice to see she's representing my home state so well :rolleyes: At least the Orange team and the Brown team are both from that state as well.

jamesy
02-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Just finally watched last week's episode and, like others, am so glad that Daphne beat Conda even with Conda's 2-lb advantage. I'm sure the producers loved the idea of a Daphne vs. Conda face off. They were going for a sympathetic Conda edit this week, but hearing her talk to Dolvett and use the word "like" about 39 times in one conversation made me want to reach for the fast forward button.

genevieve
02-21-2012, 01:59 AM
I don't know if there's ever been a TBL contestant that I disliked so much that I was actually rooting for them to fail at their weight loss goals. Even when I haven't cared for the person, I've been able to root for them to succeed. With Conda, she's such an unrepentant jerk that I pretty much hope that she will have gained weight every time she steps on the scale. :shuffle:

I just hope the editors aren't setting us up for the ultimate redemption: her winning (either the whole thing or the at-home portion) :scream:

Fridge_Break
02-21-2012, 02:18 AM
I'm fully expecting to hear some boo's at the finale when Conda is on the scale/stage.

Rob
02-21-2012, 03:38 PM
I think I like Conda even less than crazy Tracey (the season Danny won) and manipulative Vicky (the season Michelle won).

genevieve
02-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Crazy Tracey was awful, but she was so off the hook there seemed to be something genuinely wrong with her. Conda is just a bitch.