PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Fridge_Break
03-09-2012, 04:12 AM
I just watched the episode.. my mind is completely smoked!

...... :duh: :rolleyes: ........... :rofl: ...... :scream:

Oh.
My.
God.

Tinami Amori
03-09-2012, 05:12 AM
I don't mind Colton. It's not smart to say such things on TV..... but..... no different than pushing "I am tought Ghetto/from the Hood", or forming "All Minorities Alliance" and we had that few seasons ago. I don't know what really transpired between Colton and Bill behind the sceen, but I am not big fan of some Young Struggling Artistes, they do have condessending attitudes towards regular people...... because they are the only ones who "really struggle, know what life's about and look deep inside the souls" (and other BS like that).

Did not most of us told Lord Cirque, the future great dancer, to get "A Real Job"?

Prancer
03-09-2012, 08:39 PM
The Insider videos didn't shed much light on how it went down that Bill was voted out. Apparently, Leif really was on the chopping block and Tarzan really did want him out, and they show NOTHING about how that changed.

Bill says that he was booted because he was recruited to be in two alliances and both of them thought he was up to something. Bill seems like a pretty cool guy (or it's the weed :lol:); he says that he knows his own value and is sorry Colton doesn't see it.

Colton may not have liked Bill's jokes, but it seems like at least some of the other men did; they also find Tarzan entertaining. He seems rather nuts if you ask me.

Troyzan seems to be popular with both the men and the women.

But NOTHING on how they went from wanting to vote out Leif to voting out Bill.

Jenny
03-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Troyzan seems to be popular with both the men and the women.

Is he the swimsuit photographer? In theory he should be able to work with the women and hold his own among the younger men. The mactors especially, if they think he can connect them to work after the show. ;)

genevieve
03-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Both Tarzan and Troyzan have careers that I would never in a million years suspect based on their appearances and personalities (and their nicknames) :lol:

Fridge_Break
03-09-2012, 08:53 PM
I forgot to mention this one very important piece of information in my first post:

Monica is a badass. :respec:

Prancer
03-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Is he the swimsuit photographer?

I believe so.

Both Tarzan and Troyzan have careers that I would never in a million years suspect based on their appearances and personalities (and their nicknames) :lol:

I KNOW! :lol: I figured Tarzan for a rancher, maybe, and Troyzan for, oh, a bar owner.

As for Colton, he's been busted as a longtime poster on one of the Survivor boards (not Sucks) with a history of posting racist comments about blacks and Hispanics.

Shocker, eh?

Jenny
03-09-2012, 08:58 PM
I don't know how much he actually gets paid for, but Troy's a serious photographer: http://www.troyrobertson.com/home.html

Couldn't find a portfolio of Greg's work :lol: but there are different types of plastic surgeons - he may be the kind that does reconstructive work, as opposed to nose and boob jobs.

genevieve
03-09-2012, 09:03 PM
One of the unpleasant results of the past several years is the alleged "need" for Survivor to cast more and more extreme people. I hate it. I actually think Russell was a great player and a great villain, but because he was so polarizing (and it felt like he was on the show for 12 years), there's a casting demographic trying to out-Russell Russell - just how hateful of a person can we get in this game?!?!? I'm expecting to see a season with a registered sex offender put on a tribe full of 20 year old Amish girls on Rumspringer one of these days.

The other end of the spectrum is The Crazy. After Coach, Burnett & Co decided we needed someone even more out there, so we ended up with Phillip :scream:

Jenny
03-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Agree - I'm over the crazy and the offensive players. I just want really good players who love the game. I'm all for lying cheating and stealing within the game, but not really interested in watching people who are just jerks and idiots.

Checking out their bios, I think most of this cast is here for the right reasons, and really want to play the game. No question that Colton is a serious player, but even I can't get behind a jerk like that.

Bill was less forgiving that I in one interview:

"racist" is a very, very strong word and it's a word that gets thrown around so loosely today and it doesn't have the gravity behind it.

Like, my idea of a racist is like Hitler. An ignorant 20-year-old kid from Alabama who hasn't seen the world outside of his country home and his country club and his town, I don't know. That doesn't strike me as racist as it is inexperience, ignorance and sheltered.

On a happier note, unless I'm the only one who finds Jay :swoon: there are a ton of modelling images of him out there - much of them scantily clad. :)

Erin
03-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Bill seems like a real class act. Good for him for rising above Colton's crap.

Is it just me or does Colton look way older than 21? I had him pegged for 30. And am somewhat satisfied that he ages so poorly, that guy is nasty. The only good thing about him on the show is that I am looking forward to him getting his comeuppance, which I know has to happen at some point...albeit not soon enough for me. Plus he probably lacks the self-awareness to know he's getting his comeuppance and will still think he's awesome (and assume that whoever voted him out is just homophobic trailer-trash or something).

The other thing that really annoyed me about the episode is how several of the men talked to Leif like he was a child and were practically scolding him. I somehow doubt they would be doing that if he were a big muscle-y guy (or even just average height). It was ridiculous considering that he seems a lot more mature than most of the men, if a bit too nice and naive for a game like Survivor. On the Insider videos, he's been quite sympathetic to the women's tribe and wanting to help them out, he spilled the beans to Bill, and he couldn't lie his way out of anything when it was revealed. All things pointing to a guy I'd like to know in real life, but a terrible Survivor player. His tribe would probably be smart to take him out soon because he will be impossible to rely on.

Vagabond
03-10-2012, 01:43 AM
While Colton is "studying" at a taxpayer-supported institution of higher education, Bill (who graduated from a private institution) is out there in the real world working and trying to make ends meet.

Just sayin'.

Flatfoote
03-10-2012, 04:44 AM
Agree - I'm over the crazy and the offensive players. I just want really good players who love the game. I'm all for lying cheating and stealing within the game, but not really interested in watching people who are just jerks and idiots.

Checking out their bios, I think most of this cast is here for the right reasons, and really want to play the game. No question that Colton is a serious player, but even I can't get behind a jerk like that.

Bill was less forgiving that I in one interview:

On a happier note, unless I'm the only one who finds Jay :swoon: there are a ton of modelling images of him out there - much of them scantily clad. :)

Very classy guy! Do you remember which interview that was from? I'd love to share that quote on another board, but they prefer we link a quote to our source. Thanks!

sk8pics
03-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Regarding the Bill vs. Leif decision. I remember when I was watching this episode I thought that Colton engineered it in order to blindside Bill. He wanted to get rid of Bill all along because he hated Bill so much, but was mad at Leif and used it so Bill wouldn't suspect. I guess they didn't really show us that, but it seemed that way to me at the time.

And yeah, Colton is a nasty person, and I hope he gets his comeuppance soon.

Jenny
03-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Very classy guy! Do you remember which interview that was from? I'd love to share that quote on another board, but they prefer we link a quote to our source. Thanks!

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/bill-posley-survivor-one-world-colton-cumbie-is-not-racist-13239.php