PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

BaileyCatts
03-08-2012, 03:07 PM
And personally, that was hardly a betrayal. It's not like Leif was the first person to tell another person he's on the chopping block - my goodness that happens dozens of times every season and historically way too many to count.

That's what I said too! I'm watching it listening to all this "ultimate betrayal" talk and going wait a minute, all he did is say to Bill you are probably next. Uhm .... we seen that a billion times over the years! And, since it was what, a 5-3 block that Bill was part of the 3? Those guys aren't stupid, they gotta know the 3 of them are on the block and will just be picked off one by one so it really doesn't matter who is "next", they are all 3 the next 3 voted out. Was it the old guy (sorry, don't remember names) who kept saying "it was the ultimate betrayal"? Gawd I want him gone. Frankly, that was nothing. We seen it before, we'll see it again. Telling someone they are next is nothing.

Freely giving up immunity, now that was just plain stoopid. Although we must have lost a lot in editing for them ALL to vote for Bill. I really thought it was gonna be Lief.

Jenny
03-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Although we must have lost a lot in editing for them ALL to vote for Bill. I really thought it was gonna be Lief.

Definitely some story continuity issues there, because there was a big leap from "we need to go to TC to get rid of Leif" to "let's all vote out Bill."

And I believe the old guy was Greg the plastic surgeon - the same guy who seems to be Colton's biggest fan. He seems to think that Leif betrayed Colton, and since Colton wanted Bill out that's the next step (Colton likely said who cares about Leif, I want Bill out - since he's written off Leif as a munchkin :rolleyes:).

But why the rest of them were so willing to go along with it, I don't know. Sure, anyone but me, but I thought Bill was more valuable than that.

I'd love to Sabrina to know what's become of her idol, and that she's now in the company of Colton's housekeeper in terms of African-Americans in his life.

Sassafras
03-08-2012, 03:19 PM
What with the creative editing I'm also wondering why they all went for Bill.

Jenny
03-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Not to mention going to TC voluntarily. Jeff touched on it a bit - there were a few who said they didn't want to do it but felt they had to go with the others.

Clearly no one bought the "Leif's betrayal" that seems to have started it, and I suspect Colton rolled with it when he saw an opportunity to get rid of Bill while he still felt safe, but on what logic did anyone else think this was a good idea?

Neither Bill nor Leif is such a problem that they needed to be ousted immediately instead of just waiting for the next TC.

I can think of two times when a tribe purposely lost a challenge to get rid of someone (there might be more), which was also stupid, but this is a pretty drastic step and neither Bill or Leif is a Russell.

Sparks
03-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I have to add some mad props for Monica. She ruled that reward challenge.

genevieve
03-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Monica and Sabrina are :kickass: Everyone else? Not so much.

Prancer
03-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Also, Oscars to Jeff Probst! There is NO WAY he didn't know the men were coming to tribal. And STILL his facial expressions were hilariously convincing.

When the show first started, Jeff watched video every day, but he swears that he stopped years ago and deliberately avoids knowing what's going on in the camps so that he goes into TC fresh.

Dunno if I believe that, but his facial expressions were just :lol::lol::lol:.

The producers had to have cleared it, though; ITA with whoever said they didn't have a rule about this because it never would have crossed anyone's mind that they might need one. :lol:

I hate the way the editors jerk us around to keep the suspense up (and I can't wait to watch Survivor Insider), but after all these years, I still love this show.

genevieve
03-08-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm guessing that there was a conversation with producers prior to the meeting where the guys said the decision had to be unanimous in order for it to happen. Editing made it look a little like they were just trying to be fair/democratic, but I'm sure someone told them that was the only way a tribe switch at TC would be allowed - otherwise any majority alliance could do it. I'm sure the producers thought SURELY the people being told they were going to be voted out will not go for this :rofl:

Vagabond
03-08-2012, 08:32 PM
ITA with whoever said they didn't have a rule about this because it never would have crossed anyone's mind that they might need one.

It would have been exceedingly difficult for anyone to engineer this until now, since it apparently involves physically giving the other tribe the Immunity Idol. Except for that one episode in Thailand, this is the first season in which the two tribes had their campsites in the same location. I think that in some seasons the tribes don't really know exactly where the other tribe's campsite is.

I suppose that if Colton really has an alliance with some of the women, forcing out one of the other men prematurely could be a brilliant tactical move. However, it's not clear to me that he can really count on the women. From what I can remember from earlier seasons, alliances formed across tribal lines or before the original tribes are separated don't hold up very well. Of course, the fact that Colton has supposedly been hanging out with the women and even "sleeping with" them (:rofl:) makes this a special case.

walei
03-09-2012, 01:53 AM
When the show first started, Jeff watched video every day, but he swears that he stopped years ago and deliberately avoids knowing what's going on in the camps so that he goes into TC fresh.

Dunno if I believe that, but his facial expressions were just :lol::lol::lol:.

The producers had to have cleared it, though; ITA with whoever said they didn't have a rule about this because it never would have crossed anyone's mind that they might need one. :lol:

I hate the way the editors jerk us around to keep the suspense up (and I can't wait to watch Survivor Insider), but after all these years, I still love this show.

I don't buy that, because Jiffy always knows EXACTLY what to say to provoke the conflict and fanning the fires that started back at camp.

I was LOL too at the grand entrance during TC. This show is great.

Prancer
03-09-2012, 02:38 AM
I don't buy that, because Jiffy always knows EXACTLY what to say to provoke the conflict and fanning the fires that started back at camp.

His story there is that he keeps pushing them until someone says something that gives things away and then he runs with it.

TC often lasts for hours; we see only the smallest fraction of what goes on.

But I don't trust anything he says since he tried to pass Beezus/his neice's BFF off as an Ozzy fan he happened to bump into in the hall :rolleyes:.

genevieve
03-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Beezus?

Prancer
03-09-2012, 03:01 AM
Beezus?

That little girl in the audience who gushed about Ozzy at the end of last season--"How do you DO that?"--is both Jeff's niece's BFF and an actress who played Beezus in Ramona and Beezus, (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493949/) among other things. She's a busy girl.

I had wondered how a lone child had managed to get in and get a good seat, too.

Spareoom
03-09-2012, 03:29 AM
Um, the girl who played Beezus is Selena Gomez. Did you mean Joey King?

Prancer
03-09-2012, 03:53 AM
Um, the girl who played Beezus is Selena Gomez. Did you mean Joey King?

Yes; I guess she was Ramona?

Oh, yeah, it's all coming back to me--Beezus is Beatrice and Ramona couldn't pronounce it, so she became Beezus and why do I remember this from, like fourth grade, when I can't remember where I put a really important paper I need?