PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

genevieve
03-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Not sure what to think about the UNBELIEVABLE betrayal. Keep in mind this is the same soundbite crew that touted Johnny Fairplay's BRUTAL LIE which turned out to be no big deal :lol:

Kasey
03-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Anything that takes Colton off my screen ASAP would be a very welcome betrayal...not happening soon, it seems. Sigh.

Fridge_Break
03-02-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm wondering how some of the tribe members will react to Colton saying he was definitely going to play the hidden idol and then when the time presented itself, he did not. I'm sure that everyone in his alliance knew he wasn't going to play it, but the other few that are remaining that aren't in with his group probably took note. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them run off to the women and tell them what happened and try to paint him as untrustworthy, considering how much time he has spent in the girls' camp.

Also, I was randomly amused by the reward challenge. Something about raising and dropping the curtain was hilarious to me. :P Also note how many takes it took Kat to get it right. Then again, I think Troyzan was intentionally dropping it so fast on purpose a few times to try to fluster her.

genevieve
03-02-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm wondering how some of the tribe members will react to Colton saying he was definitely going to play the hidden idol and then when the time presented itself, he did not. I'm sure that everyone in his alliance knew he wasn't going to play it, but the other few that are remaining that aren't in with his group probably took note. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them run off to the women and tell them what happened and try to paint him as untrustworthy, considering how much time he has spent in the girls' camp.
that seems like standard HII scheming. Of course you want to psych your enemies out, make them think you'll play it and then not have to give it up. there are certainly elements of untrustworthiness in Colton, but not because of that.

Also, I was randomly amused by the reward challenge. Something about raising and dropping the curtain was hilarious to me. :P Also note how many takes it took Kat to get it right. Then again, I think Troyzan was intentionally dropping it so fast on purpose a few times to try to fluster her.

that was pretty fab (but only because the other women were :kickass: and their tribe finally won a challenge)

Kasey
03-02-2012, 07:08 PM
I hope that challenge put into the back of the women's heads how totally worthless Kat is, for the next time they go to tribal (which, let's face it, will probably be next week)

Prancer
03-02-2012, 08:56 PM
What is Prancer's theory about the UNBELIEVABLE betrayal?

Having had some time to think it through:

I think the men will go to TC; they will make Colton think they are going to vote for him. He will play his idol to save himself, only no one will actually vote for him. There will be a revote and they will vote him out then.

I don't have any actual spoilers for this; there really aren't any this season, which means the spoilers are doing everything the old-fashioned way--screen captures and such.

But that's the only thing I can think of that a) would be really diabolical and if it IS something like that, kudos to whoever masterminds it and gets everyone else to go along, and b) hasn't been done before.

I figure the odds of them being smart enough and united enough to pull that off are pretty slim, but I will laugh myself silly if it happens.

purple skates
03-02-2012, 09:03 PM
I think the men will go to TC; they will make Colton think they are going to vote for him. He will play his idol to save himself, only no one will actually vote for him. There will be a revote and they will vote him out then.

How would they get a revote? Would they deliberately tie two of the other guys (I don't know how many guys there left are right now) to get a revote? That would be one gutsy/trusting move on the part of the two guys targeted for the tie.

genevieve
03-02-2012, 09:05 PM
That would be pretty fun and interesting to watch...but an UNBELIEVABLE BETRAYAL??

But yeah, if everyone could agree to it and pull it off, it would be saying something.

ETA: sk8er1964 you are right, and that's what would make it a neat trick.

Prancer
03-02-2012, 09:12 PM
How would they get a revote? Would they deliberately tie two of the other guys (I don't know how many guys there left are right now) to get a revote?

Doh, I forgot to type that part, but yes, that's how it would work.

That would be one gutsy/trusting move on the part of the two guys targeted for the tie.

That's why I said I think the odds of them being smart enough and united enough to pull it off are pretty slim. They would have to be completely united in their hatred of the ultimate target.

So I'm probably way off. But it was a lot of fun plottin' and schemin' my way through it :lol:.

jamesy
03-02-2012, 09:13 PM
I thought if they tied a vote then they vote again with only the 2 people who got votes as options. If that still ties then they did purple rock or fire making or something. Or are the rules different if they tie a vote pre-merge?

Prancer
03-02-2012, 09:18 PM
I thought if they tied a vote then they vote again with only the 2 people who got votes as options. If that still ties then they did purple rock or fire making or something. Or are the rules different if they tie a vote pre-merge?

That was what I thought at first, but then I thought that they started over from scratch? I don't know; I am not clear on the tie issue. But since the votes wouldn't count against Colton, any tie involving him wouldn't count, so to get him out, they would have to work around the idol if he actually played it.

Alternate theories welcome--it's fun to plot and scheme. :lol:

Sparks
03-02-2012, 09:28 PM
FWIW, the UNBELIEVABLE betrayal seems to happen during the episode, not at TC.

Fridge_Break
03-02-2012, 09:32 PM
FWIW, the UNBELIEVABLE betrayal seems to happen during the episode, not at TC.

Colton finds the women's HII and gives it to someone other than Sabrina? I doubt it, but I wouldn't put it past the producers to take something like that and blow it up mega-fold.

genevieve
03-02-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm just trying to imagine what could be so UNBELIEVABLE. I mean, after Yau Man gave Dreamz a freakin truck, with a condition that may or may not need to be called in, and those exact circumstances transpired and Dreamz refused to honor his commitment - well, what betrayal in the game could be more UNBELIEVABLE?

If it's not TC-related though, I can only think that someone goes and screws with the tribe, by:

1) destroying their shelter, or
2) destroying their personal belongings (would have to be on a much grander scale than Russell stealing someone's socks), or
3) destroying their entire food supply, or
4) some conbination of the first 3

What would make it an UNBELIEVABLE betrayal would be if someone did it to their own tribe - which would make Colton the likely suspect, but he's finally sitting pretty-ish with his alliance of misfits, so why would he do it right now?

I have zero spoiler info, not even screen caps, just me imagining what could warrant this kind of hype. But knowing Survivor, it will probably be something like Alicia chops off Chelsea's braid while she's asleep.

ETA: Now that I've reread Prancer's original post on the subject, this is what I think is most likely. it's even more convoluted than Prancer's theory:

Someone actively helps the other tribe win the immunity challenge, and they are not voted off, but are expelled from the tribe. The person would have to have immunity to make this work, so Colton seems like the most likely suspect (again though - why now?), or one of the women finds/is given an HII and for whatever reason wants to jump ship. The only incentive for that move I can see right now is that some of these ladies appear willing to do anything to stay dry and warm.

Sparks
03-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Maybe one of the men give the women food?
It could be throwing a challenge...

Hell. It's probably overblown. :rolleyes: