PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Prancer
02-23-2012, 07:26 PM
I was wondering if they brought luxury items back, because Kat is totally wearing eyeliner. Non-smudged eyeliner (after 6 days)!

They've never stopped having luxury items.

The show used to regularly feature each contestant's “luxury item,” such as Colby’s large Texas flag that actually helped serve as shelter in the “Outback” season. While the items haven't been featured on the show during recent seasons, cast members do bring comfort or luxury items with them to the location, and the producers do approve those items — and decide whether or not to distribute them sometime during the game (if at all).

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26726792/ns/today-entertainment/t/last-secrets-survivor-revealed/

Sometimes interviewers ask the boots what their luxury item was, so I know they are still doing them, but I can't remember the last time I saw anything about one on the show.

Maybe she has that permanent makeup tattoo-ed stuff? I know a few young women who have chosen to go that route...

I thought that must be it, but one of the others looked like she was wearing some eyeshadow. Maybe that was just the light. But her eyelids looked pale green.

genevieve
02-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks Prancer! I so remember S2's luxure items, because of Colby's flag (which I believe the producers went :duh: over when the Ogakors used it for shelter), and Maralyn bringing lipstick, which was awesome because lipstick wasn't something you'd immediately think was important to her. God I loved S2 of Survivor!!.

The permanent makeup I've seen isn't as noticeable as Kat's - but it would make more sense than her wearing it during the show.

DarrellH
02-23-2012, 09:45 PM
I was afraid Colton was becoming "Just Colton", or even "Just Colton -2012", but this may be a sort of strategy that will get him further in the game.

emason
02-24-2012, 12:39 AM
It's a good thing that Colton is trying to make inroads with the rest of the men, even if it is fake on his part, because there aren't going to be any women left for him to make an alliance with come the merge.

Prancer
02-24-2012, 02:57 AM
Thanks Prancer! I so remember S2's luxure items, because of Colby's flag (which I believe the producers went :duh: over when the Ogakors used it for shelter), and Maralyn bringing lipstick, which was awesome because lipstick wasn't something you'd immediately think was important to her. God I loved S2 of Survivor!!.

Yes, the good old days :wuzrobbed

There was a reward challenge the season before last (I think) where the winning team won their luxury items and it wasn't even mentioned on the show. And I know that Boston Rob's luxury item on his last season was his daughter's baby blanket. I don't remember any of the others, but I know they were all asked and all had something.

Oh, yea, Randy had his dog's cremains in Gabon--that one was memorable :lol:.

The permanent makeup I've seen isn't as noticeable as Kat's - but it would make more sense than her wearing it during the show.

Yeah, that looked pretty smudgy for a tattoo.

Prancer
03-01-2012, 02:40 AM
I wondered how long it would be before we got to see the dysfunction in the men's tribe. And there we go.

Everybody but Matt and the big-jawed guy (Mike?) voted for Matt, I think? What does Tarzan think happened there, I wonder.

Sparks
03-01-2012, 03:02 AM
Buh bye, Matt. You're such a tool.

Sassafras
03-01-2012, 04:25 AM
It's always nice to have a blindside.

Jenna
03-01-2012, 04:40 AM
Matt was such a tool, so glad to have him off my screen!

genevieve
03-01-2012, 05:21 AM
Is it really a blindside? I mean, when he approached the group of 6, he had to know there were only 3 choices that they were discussing, and he was one of them. Perhaps Troy was more convincing in their talk that editing made it seem (they sure didn't try to blindside us).

The women are still 99% useless. I can't believe the guys didn't toss their cold, wet, shriveled butts out of the shelter, long before they were pulling the "I don't know if you can use our boat (move over, I'm not close enough to the fire)" crap.

I liked Colton better when he was completely on the outs in his team. Matt was a tool from toolville, but I was almost hoping they'd blindside Colton :lol:

Still digging Sabrina, Monica and Christina.

Fridge_Break
03-02-2012, 04:05 AM
:rofl: at Tarzan & Colton at the very end when Jeff started to send them back to camp.

"Jeff, can we see the last 2 votes?"
"...save those questions for me."

:rofl:

Good job for the girls this week. Sabrina's ability to stay calm and come back on that puzzle was impressive.

Prancer
03-02-2012, 04:36 AM
AN UNFORGIVABLE BETRAYAL FORCES ONE TRIBE TO MAKE A DRASTIC MOVE THAT WILL GO DOWN IN SURVIVOR HISTORY, ON "SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD,” WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7

"Bum-Puzzled" — An unforgivable betrayal forces one tribe to make a drastic move that has never been done before in Survivor history, and an electrifying Tribal Council leaves several castaways speechless

CHEAT TWEET (from Jeff): In 24 seasons we’ve never seen this! 1 tribe makes a move that’ll go down in #Survivor history

Should we be suckered in by this?

I had a theory about what would go down and was all excited, but I don't think the rules allow for it. :P

Vagabond
03-02-2012, 07:13 AM
I gotta wonder about the guys. If either Kim or Chelsea showed up at my doorstep and said she was feeling cold and miserable, I would do my utmost to make her feel better. :grope:

And as for Colton and his racist description of Bill .... :eek: :scream: But good for the producers that they went ahead and included that soundbite.

Prancer
03-02-2012, 07:36 AM
I gotta wonder about the guys. If either Kim or Chelsea showed up at my doorstep and said she was feeling cold and miserable, I would do my utmost to make her feel better. :grope:.

The guys were divided on the issue; Leif, Tarzan (I think) and Mike have confessionals on Survivor Insider saying that they just couldn't not let the women warm up because conditions were so miserable, while Jay, Bill and Matt were definitely against letting the women have anything without getting something in return.

Leif also said that he thinks the men started the animosity when they stole stuff from the women on the first day and wouldn't give any of it back. He seemed to think the women had a point.

The women apparently decided to make themselves feel better by killing a chicken and eating it after they got their fire started, something we didn't see. I wondered that they seemed to get over the storm so quickly and had enough energy for the challenges.

Sparks
03-02-2012, 02:28 PM
What is Prancer's theory about the UNBELIEVABLE betrayal?