PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Kasey
02-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Ahh, I missed the faceplant. Just saw the lip swelling and was wondering about allergy. (watching on 3" of video on computer kind of is not my friend at times; especially after being up for 24hr! ;) )

Fridge_Break
02-21-2012, 04:44 AM
Good gawd, Alicia is a bitch. I was surprised to find out that she's only 25 years old... I thought she was at least 15 years older than that..! Her argument she drummed up against Christina seemed completely catty and pointless, and I was right along with Jeff wondering what the hell she was bitching about. Unfortunately I get the feel that she's going to be around forever (like NaOnka was).

LOVING Sabrina -- that girl is smart. I got a good vibe from her, she's my favorite after the first episode.

Tarzan/Troyzan/meat head tool boy alliance are all obnoxious.

ETA: Poor Nina and her... injury, if you can call it that. At least she seemed a tiny bit amused by the whole situation. She looked a thousand percent better in the preview for next week, so it must have just been a quick thing.

Fridge_Break
02-23-2012, 02:03 AM
Good god, all of these women outside of Monica and Christina deserve to lose. :rolleyes: I never thought I'd be rooting for a tribe of men, but this season I think I am. I'd be happy if the women don't win a single challenge all season long.

Poor Nina.

Catherine M
02-23-2012, 02:29 AM
The women are beyond pathetic. Kat's stupidity looses the challenge so Nina has to go!?

Does anyone remember what season they did that immunity challenge in? I feel like that I have seen it before.

Since the guys haven't been to tribal yet, I really can't get a feel for anyone besides Colton. And Tarzan and his mankini.

Erin
02-23-2012, 02:45 AM
Does anyone remember what season they did that immunity challenge in? I feel like that I have seen it before.

I don't remember but I know we've seen it a few times before. I think at least one of them was Vanuatu, the 2nd male vs. female season, because it feels like a challenge that is set up to help the women.

What drives me crazy every time I see them do the challenge is that none of them seem to figure out the easiest way to pass...which I've tried to come up with an explanation that will make sense written down, but I am failing badly. Basically, it involves both people moving their feet...they start facing one another with the one to be passed with her back to everyone else, and then they both move their feet at the same time and both do a 180 turn. Piece of cake.

Fridge_Break
02-23-2012, 02:45 AM

It was in Vanuatu, the last time the tribes were split by gender. IIRC, the women won that one because the men had issues being that close to each other :lol: And, also, that particular group of women was about 700 times more coherent than this bag of airheads.

I also believe the rules were a bit different the last time around. For some reason, I remember each person being numbered and they couldn't switch out, they had to go numerically. I also don't remember the rule where they couldn't touch more than one person at a time, but I may be wrong about that (or both of these points, it was good 7 or 8 years ago...)

Sparks
02-23-2012, 03:09 AM
WTF? Once again intellegence and the benefits of age are discounted.
(((Nina)))

smurfy
02-23-2012, 03:47 AM
I think Chelsea, Kim and Sab should team up with Monica. 4 vs other 3?
I was rooting for Nina initially and wanted Kat gone, but some of her speech about life lessons to someone less than half her age, by the end of TC I did not care that Nina left. Kat is annoying, she will go soon.
Colton - pretty sad. But it would be cool for him to blindside one of the muscles.
There was a shooting at a hospital near me and the news was interrupting the show, I missed the first 5 minutes and part of the immunity challenge (did not see Kat fall). I need to watch on line.
I do like that there are 2 challenges and no RI. Dynamics of the 2 tribes is a different kind of entertainment.

genevieve
02-23-2012, 05:13 AM
Kat is so worthless. Sneaky editing aside, I don't think the long dark blondes were really about to betray Kat/Sab/Alicia, but I do think that any chance Nina had to stay was obliterated with her outburst. But it could be she knew she was going and just wanted to have her say.

I do like Monica, and notice that she stayed out of the fray and threw Kristina her only vote. Would love for her to connect with the dark blondes and....well, Kristina would be the obvious choice, not sure if that vote makes it impossible.

Colton :scream: And it looks like next week we'll see his republican shtick start to show, on top of all his other charms. I was impressed to see him actually show some strategy after his pathetic whinefest at Camp Girl. Would love to see the beefcake duo broken up (apologies to OUR Beefcake xoxo).

Tarzan and his banana hammock!!!!!!!!! :yikes: :scream:

Kudos to the guys for not being icked out by the close contact challenge.

Fridge_Break
02-23-2012, 05:20 AM
I think Chelsea, Kim and Sab should team up with Monica. 4 vs other 3?

This is about the only thing that will salvage the women's tribe for me at this point.

I love Sabrina as a player so far, but unless she disbands from the airheads, that cloud is always going to be over her head in my eyes.

BaileyCatts
02-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Is it just me, or does it look like some of the women are wearing makeup at Tribal Council, while others are not? Do the ones who look like they are wearing makeup bring it with them? Or do they just give makeup to the "pretty girls". [/sarcasam off]

But seriously, it does look like some of the girls are wearing makeup? :confused:

genevieve
02-23-2012, 04:12 PM
I was wondering if they brought luxury items back, because Kat is totally wearing eyeliner. Non-smudged eyeliner (after 6 days)!

Fridge_Break
02-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Maybe she has that permanent makeup tattoo-ed stuff? I know a few young women who have chosen to go that route...

Sparks
02-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Kat said she's in charge of the fire. That's why she sports that smokey eye look.

FiveRinger
02-23-2012, 06:51 PM
I am totally rooting for the guys. The women are such a disappointment. It's bad enough that they lost the challenge, but they kept the person who performed the worst in the challenge, and she volunteered to be first.....

They should have all jumped in the water and changed positions and put Kat closest to the podium. Then they might have had a chance