PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

PeterG
05-15-2012, 06:15 PM
He doesn't have Rob M's charm, or Russell's freakish ability to find HII to get past the initial tribal councils IMO.

Umm, you forgot his southern charm... :rolleyes:

:lol:

:P

KHenry14
05-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Unlike Russell Hantz, who had the benefit of playing a 2nd time without the other players knowing anything about him, Colton will not have that same advantage. Whatever "game" superiority he thinks he brings to the game will likely be moot. He doesn't have Rob M's charm, or Russell's freakish ability to find HII to get past the initial tribal councils IMO.

Despite that, he did very well during his time in the game and was in control of his tribe before he had to leave. I would not underestimate him in that situation

Vagabond
05-15-2012, 07:07 PM
If Sabrina hadn't given Colton a Hidden Immunity Idol, he probably would have been voted out the first time his tribe went to Tribal Council. He's not particularly good at physical challenges, so unless he does a lot of physical training, he would be highly vulnerable.

Although Russell Hantz (5'6" and close to 200 lbs. at the beginning of his first season on the show, IINM) is not the most athletic contestant we have seen on the show, he is a lot stronger, physically, than Colton.

professordeb
05-15-2012, 10:03 PM
I missed most of this episode and so I ask the question
who won fan fav?

Rogue
05-15-2012, 10:19 PM
I missed most of this episode and so I ask the question
who won fan fav?

Kim got that, too. So she walked out with $1.1 million.

Prancer
05-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Kim got that, too. So she walked out with $1.1 million.

And didn't Troyzan look like he was going to cut a bitch when they made the announcement :lol::lol::lol::lol:.

I can't believe anyone told him that he played the best game ever or that he is as good as Richard Hatch. Dude, Kim totally played you. You killed your own game. PML that Jeff slapped you with it, too.

Jenny
05-16-2012, 02:25 PM
I've been dying to open this thread for two day - dang hockey playoffs :mad:

No surprise of course, and honestly if anyone else had won it might have been the straw that finally broke this camel's back. Not because I was rooting for her particularly, but because there was no indication that anyone else could win.

I assume Leif voted for Sabrina because Troyzan told him too, or maybe she was nice to him once. But why did Troyzan vote for her? I really thought for all his grandstanding he would vote for the best player. Did Kim give the "wrong" answer when she said the moment she made a move to get rid of him was getting rid of Jonas?

I actually thought that answer was brilliant - most would have said something about "it was the hardest thing for me to do because I really respect your game but you were such a threat to me, so I voted for you." Instead, in one simple phrase she basically said "I've been in control of this thing longer than any of you realize, and my strategy was so complicated that even now you can't figure it out."

For me, who has complained about lack lustre final TCs for years now, this was a treat in that the winner was very well spoken and handled the questions beautifully, and the other two weren't bad at all, and the jury was real rather than dumb producers questions or bitter speeches.

So from that point of view, I'm satisfied :)

As for Colton, the best part was his Mom - you can talk your way out of it with your friends and competitors perhaps, even the public, but not your mother.

For Alicia - I must give her some props for cleaning up so well - she looked great on the jury and then the finale. And yes, she seems to have really taken what happened to heart - until I noticed that immediately after the tears and sorrow, she was laughing with Christina (who I'm not even going to comment on other than to say, what planet does she live on?).

I would have really liked Jeff or anyone to strike her down on her delusions of grandeur though, especially after her bizarre jury performance. "Now that you've seen the show Alicia, do you really still think that you ever had any control at all? First you were Colton's pawn, then you were quite clearly Kim's. You only (sort of) had Tarzan because you were actually part of his strategy, and Christina doesn't count." :lol:

Chelsea looked better with no makeup and should let her eyebrows go a bit more natural, but I'm still puzzled why she got no votes. I guess she didn't connect with people, but that was a surprise to hear at the very end.

Troyzan's remarks didn't bother me, because I do think that a lot of people were rooting for him, so it rings true that people on the street might have said so to him. Plus, people can be prone to overgushing when they meet celebrities, so there you go.

Best moment of the whole thing had to be Jeff mixing up Matt and Mike :rofl::rofl::rofl: Maybe they need to rethink their habit of casting mactors when even Jeff can't tell them apart? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reality Blurred is reporting the three returnees are (I'll black bar the info just in case someone wants to remain unspoiled)

Mike Skupin from Australia
Jonathon Penner from whatever many seasons he has been on
Russell from Somoa (not eville Russell Hantz, the other one that had to leave early)

So no Colton next season. But you know he is coming back.

Glad about Mike - that's been a long time coming and will likely bring back viewers who gave up long ago. If his tribe includes true fans of the show, I think they will happily keep him well past the merge.

Was Russell the dreadlocked guy? He was doing well that season, but I'm not seeing a big reason to bring him back. But for that matter, even during the montage, there were few of those incidents I remembered, so I guess he's just as good as anyone else. I recall his tribe had elected him leader, so it will be interesting to see what he's learned from that experience and what he'll do differently - and if he can survive the first TC.

Penner shouldn't be a surprise - he's always been one of Jeff's favourites. :rolleyes: He can be an entertaining player though, so hopefully this works out.

Really thought they were setting us up for Colton - would be interesting to know if he was even in the running.

Prancer
05-16-2012, 05:35 PM
I assume Leif voted for Sabrina because Troyzan told him too, or maybe she was nice to him once. But why did Troyzan vote for her? I really thought for all his grandstanding he would vote for the best player. Did Kim give the "wrong" answer when she said the moment she made a move to get rid of him was getting rid of Jonas?

Leif and Sabrina were apparently pretty close; Leif had said in a Ponderosa clip that if Sabrina made it to the end, he would definitely vote for her because she was his friend.

Troyzan, I think, was just bitter that Kim didn't say something to the effect that she decided to get rid of him because he was the biggest threat in the game. There's a clip of him at Ponderosa talking about how Kim is like a mini-Troy and was playing his game :rolleyes:.

There's also a clip of Alicia and Kat getting into it :yikes:, although the next day they were best buddies again. But they came within a hair of physically fighting. Amazing how Kat got over everything by the final TC, because she sure was upset before it. Alicia must have talked her down.

Jenny
05-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Troyzan, I think, was just bitter that Kim didn't say something to the effect that she decided to get rid of him because he was the biggest threat in the game. There's a clip of him at Ponderosa talking about how Kim is like a mini-Troy and was playing his game :rolleyes:.

Funny because at the beginning of the show, there was a clip of Matt saying that he was a better player than anyone and that he and Kim had been playing the same game.

Yeah, that's why your tribe voted you out first, and Jeff doesn't even remember your name, LOSER.

There's also a clip of Alicia and Kat getting into it :yikes:, although the next day they were best buddies again. But they came within a hair of physically fighting. Amazing how Kat got over everything by the final TC, because she sure was upset before it. Alicia must have talked her down.

Interesting, because Kat did look pretty bitter at every TC, so I guess it was her opportunity to take out her frustrations. Maybe it was Tarzan who talked her down though - in the interview you linked upthread, she said he was like a father to her, knew of her heart condition, and they used to talk a lot.

Catherine M
05-16-2012, 07:33 PM
I didn't watch way back in season 2 so Mike as a player will be new to me. Looking forward to seeing him play the game after reading about him for years. Penner is ok and yeah, he's one of Probst's favorites, along with Colby, Boston Rob, Terry the pilot (who has never come back), and Tom Westman. Ozzy use to be on the list but Probst cooled on him after Cook Islands.

Russell's last name is Swan. I don't remember anything about him except he left early.

Word is Season 26, which begins filming in a couple of days will be the ole fans vs favorites. The gang over at Sucks is trying to figure out who the 10 returnees are by nothing concrete yet.

Jenny
05-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Word is Season 26, which begins filming in a couple of days will be the ole fans vs favorites. The gang over at Sucks is trying to figure out who the 10 returnees are by nothing concrete yet.

So that's where Coltan will turn up, no doubt. Didn't realize they were doing that one again.

Do you have details on timing of filming for the next two seasons?

We've talked about this before, but it seems unusually early to have both finished the fall season and be starting on the spring season now.

For years now the fall season was filmed in summer and the spring season in fall, closer together in recent years as they reused the same locations.

Prancer
05-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Funny because at the beginning of the show, there was a clip of Matt saying that he was a better player than anyone and that he and Kim had been playing the same game.

Yeah, that's why your tribe voted you out first, and Jeff doesn't even remember your name, LOSER.

I KNOW! I'll bet both of those guys never thought they could be beaten--and beaten so handily--by a woman.

Interesting, because Kat did look pretty bitter at every TC, so I guess it was her opportunity to take out her frustrations. Maybe it was Tarzan who talked her down though - in the interview you linked upthread, she said he was like a father to her, knew of her heart condition, and they used to talk a lot.

Tarzan also refused to speak to Alicia; she was all excited to see him because she thought they had had a father-daughter relationship and he totally brushed her off and essentially said that was then, now? Get lost, you traitor.

You rarely see the show psychologist on camera, but she was right there when Alicia and Kat got into it, and Troy finally got in between them or they probably would have been pulling each other's hair. Everyone else just kind of cringed and waited for it to be over

Penner is ok and yeah, he's one of Probst's favorites, along with Colby, Boston Rob, Terry the pilot (who has never come back), and Tom Westman. Ozzy use to be on the list but Probst cooled on him after Cook Islands.

No spoilers here. I don't know what happened with Jeff, but he had always said he had two good friends from Survivor--Colby and Andrew Savage. I don't know what happened there, but he no longer speaks to either of them, or to any of the former Survivors except Boston Rob.

Of course, personal favorites and show favorites are two different things, but I was really shocked to hear that he, Colby, and Savage were through after all those years of weekly poker games.

We've talked about this before, but it seems unusually early to have both finished the fall season and be starting on the spring season now.

Didn't someone say somewhere in this thread that they are filming around Jeff's talk show? I noticed he managed to work in a plug for it.

Jenny
05-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Didn't someone say somewhere in this thread that they are filming around Jeff's talk show? I noticed he managed to work in a plug for it.

Riiiight. Really stretching it though now - if they are filming the spring season now, with fall already in the can, then everyone is going to have to wait about 10-12 months for the finale. That's a long time to keep everything under wraps.

Catherine M
05-16-2012, 09:02 PM
So that's where Coltan will turn up, no doubt. Didn't realize they were doing that one again.

Do you have details on timing of filming for the next two seasons?

For years now the fall season was filmed in summer and the spring season in fall, closer together in recent years as they reused the same locations.

Season 25 is done; they finished up just before Probst returned to the US to hand Kim her check. So there will be about 7 months between final tribal council and someone actually picking up their check from CBS in December.

According to the gang on Sucks, Season 26 is to start filming this week. They are busy trying to piece together the cast list, by looking at twitter, facebook, etc. If I see anything of note, either from Sucks or Reality Blurred, I'll post.

So the winner of Survivor 26 will have nearly a year to wait from the end of tribal council to when they get their check from CBS next May.

Jenny
05-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks Catherine - please do continue to share with spoiler tags. I don't like game spoilers, but am more than happy to hear casting spoilers, although I know not everyone does.