PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26

genevieve
05-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Probst thinks Rob M's engineered win was a universally accepted satisfying ending, so I don't think he has a good grasp on what makes for the best editing of the show.

KikiSashaFan
05-14-2012, 03:46 PM
So I guess no one cared what happened :lol:

walei
05-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Kim deserved her win hands down, she dominated pre-merge and played smart and strong. I was surprised though that Chelsea didn't receive any votes to win. Glad they got rid of Christina because she would get nine new ones from the jury.

Speaking of the jury, this season to me was one of the most respectable and unspiteful group of people and it was really refreshing to see. Wow @ Kat's story, really won a lot of respect from me. Troyzan is still a douche all the way into the reunion, can't stand him.

Colton and Alicia, I hope they truly learn from this experience and hope I won't have to see them again on Survivor.

Fridge_Break
05-14-2012, 03:50 PM
I was just going to say, logged on and no one talked about last night! :lol:

Just finished watching the episode, of course the CBS player had no sound during the final voting segment and Jeff reading the votes :rolleyes:

Not at all surprised Kim won, I was more surprised that it wasn't a landslide 9-0-0 victory. Her win was seen coming since the early episodes, and was really one of the most dominating social games we've ever seen, so very big congratulations to her.

Once again we have a final 3 where a member gets 0 votes. I believe there has only been one time (out of 10 seasons they've done a F3) where all three finalists has received a vote. The concept needs to be scrapped, hopefully they'll go back to a final 2 again.

sk8er1964
05-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Colton and Alicia, I hope they truly learn from this experience and hope I won't have to see them again on Survivor.

When they talked about next season, Jeff mentioned that three people who were removed early due to injury/illness would be back. If you couple that with the question to his mom about whether or not she'd want to see Colton play again, I would bet money on him being back.

As far as not much conversation here, I think we all knew Kim would win. :lol:

KHenry14
05-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Sheesh, this season had very little memorable moments, and the winner was a done deal after Jonas was booted a month ago.

I'm not sure what the fix for this is, maybe they should do a better job in casting people who aren't sheep, or clueless, or vapid, or just plain dumb.

I am curious if one of the returning people will be the legendary Mike Skupin from Australia. Evidently he turned down previous offers to return, maybe they finally got him?

And you can bank on Colten and Troyzan playing the game again. But in a way, I hope this next season isn't the one for Colten, as it gives him an advantage in that the other players will have no idea about his game play, sort of like Russell in HvV.

Catherine M
05-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Sheesh, this season had very little memorable moments, and the winner was a done deal after Jonas was booted a month ago.

I'm not sure what the fix for this is, maybe they should do a better job in casting people who aren't sheep, or clueless, or vapid, or just plain dumb.

I am curious if one of the returning people will be the legendary Mike Skupin from Australia. Evidently he turned down previous offers to return, maybe they finally got him?

And you can bank on Colten and Troyzan playing the game again. But in a way, I hope this next season isn't the one for Colten, as it gives him an advantage in that the other players will have no idea about his game play, sort of like Russell in HvV.

Reality Blurred is reporting the three returnees are (I'll black bar the info just in case someone wants to remain unspoiled)

Mike Skupin from Australia
Jonathon Penner from whatever many seasons he has been on
Russell from Somoa (not eville Russell Hantz, the other one that had to leave early)

So no Colton next season. But you know he is coming back.

Habs
05-14-2012, 05:28 PM

I would be THRILLED to see Mike Skupin back on Survivor. His exit changed that entire season.

jamesy
05-14-2012, 09:06 PM
So I guess no one cared what happened :lol:

I noticed that, too, but what was there left to talk about? :lol: You could see Kim's win from a million miles away. She absolutely deserved to win and it would have felt wrong if someone else won, but it was kind of a let down how obvious it was.

And then the reunion show was all about Colton. Even friggin' Blossom got a chance to stand up and give her thoughts about him. :lol:

Fridge_Break
05-14-2012, 09:14 PM
And then the reunion show was all about Colton. Even friggin' Blossom got a chance to stand up and give her thoughts about him. :lol:

Amy Farrah Fowler for next season! :rockstar:

Who was that guy that Jeff talked to after that? I suppose it was supposed to be someone either semi-famous or related to one of the contestants, but Jeff didn't introduce him and there were no on-screen graphics. :confused:

jamesy
05-14-2012, 09:15 PM
I think he was meant to be some "random", Average Joe viewer.

PeterG
05-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Reality Blurred is reporting the three returnees are (I'll black bar the info just in case someone wants to remain unspoiled)

Mike Skupin from Australia
Jonathon Penner from whatever many seasons he has been on
Russell from Somoa (not eville Russell Hantz, the other one that had to leave early)

:blah: (Except for Mike Skupin from Australia.)

sk8pics
05-14-2012, 10:59 PM
I was surprised, too, this morning, when there were no new posts in this thread. I hadn't finished watching, though, so it was good there was nothing to tempt me, LOL.

I haven't watched the reunion show yet. But Kat actually impressed me in her remarks to the final 3. And actually, the whole group was pretty reasonable, I thought. I did have to scratch my head over Alicia still thinking she was all that.

smurfy
05-15-2012, 02:50 AM
Just now able to catch up here. I enjoyed the finale, no suprises. As much as I detest Colton, I was glad they addressed the bigotry issue head on and did not avoid it.
Kim was a deserving winner, and to me she joins the folks like Tom, Yul, Earl that won, and can be proud of how they behaved. At times the season was not that exciting, but the ending was nice. So many times I enjoy the journey and don't like anyone at the end, but Kim, Chelsea and Sab are all ladies that seem nice, normal and seem like people I know.
Interesting about Kat. Also the final TC was intesting as it was so different. The one big surprise to me was how distant Chelsea had been perceived by others. That was a major editing weakness. Other little thing that annoyed, that Sab mentioned loosing her job in TC. I feel bad for her, but I do not want anyone to win this based on need.
They just love bringing back former players, so here it goes again. And yes, we will, unfortunately, be seeing Colton again, and maybe Alicia and Kat. Ugghhh

Bostonfan
05-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Unlike Russell Hantz, who had the benefit of playing a 2nd time without the other players knowing anything about him, Colton will not have that same advantage. Whatever "game" superiority he thinks he brings to the game will likely be moot. He doesn't have Rob M's charm, or Russell's freakish ability to find HII to get past the initial tribal councils IMO.