PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26

victorskid
05-03-2012, 11:45 PM
RESPECT for everything Genevieve wrote!
I found this episode quite enjoyable as well. *Blindsides are always fun*
Darn it...The Ponderosa videos aren't working for me this morning.

The Ponderosa videos never work for me in Canada :(

MarieM
05-04-2012, 08:42 AM
OMG Kat's elimination made my day. And her sobbing ? ROTFL :)

Jenny
05-06-2012, 02:18 PM
But here's a nice Jay piccie for you: http://images.yuku.com/image/jpg/fd726c2690b694a787ee5dae832599b2bc0d5eea_r.jpg

Thank you. :)

I didn't think Kat's relationship with her cousin was icky at all. I just thought they had known each other for a long time and were as close as any childhood friends might be, or siblings for that matter.

ArtisticFan
05-06-2012, 11:05 PM
OMG Kat's elimination made my day. And her sobbing ? ROTFL :)

It was a beautiful moment.

MarieM
05-07-2012, 08:28 AM
It was a beautiful moment.

One of the best moment of this season so far :lol:
I hope next episode is THAT good too :hat1:

Cupid
05-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Definitely icky :yikes:

Yes, the way she ran on all fours to him like a dog, definitely weird!:lol::dog:

Jenny
05-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I still don't see it. The people I know who are around her age tend to be physically and verbally demonstrative with all their friends, male and female, so I didn't find it out of the ordinary. The impression I had was of close friends who had known each other since childhood, and Kat being a bit of a tomboy who likely grew up playing football and other sports with her cousin and friends so is used to being physical.

If he was a childhood friend and not a cousin, would everyone have automatically assumed there was a physical relationship or beyond platonic feelings? Or is it because they are cousins they shouldn't be physically affectionate?

genevieve
05-07-2012, 04:53 PM
If he was a childhood friend and not a cousin, would everyone have automatically assumed there was a physical relationship or beyond platonic feelings? Or is it because they are cousins they shouldn't be physically affectionate?
those are two different questions, but yes, I think if she's brought a friend-not-cousin people would be assuming the two were way more than friends
and would be calling BS on any denials.

And there are a lot of ways to be physically affectionate...finding Kat's behavior icky isn't necessarily a call to ban affection between cousins.

purple skates
05-07-2012, 05:08 PM
It was the jumping on and wrapping legs around said cousin that did it for me.

Prancer
05-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Kat being a bit of a tomboy who likely grew up playing football and other sports with her cousin and friends so is used to being physical.

I would have thought so, too, but apparently not:

I've been very sick ever since I was born and I've had frequent open-heart surgeries... I've been in and out of the hospital my entire life.

http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/tv/tvguide/article/Survivor-s-Kat-on-Her-Traumatic-Medical-History-3532503.php#ixzz1uCed28f9

those are two different questions, but yes, I think if she's brought a friend-not-cousin people would be assuming the two were way more than friends and would be calling BS on any denials.

Yup, although I would have thought it was all kind of weird even if they were supposed to be a couple.

Jenny
05-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Interesting about Kat's health. Wonder if as a result she was coddled a bit, and thus seems more naive than others her age.

Fridge_Break
05-10-2012, 01:43 AM
Sorry, it's my birthday so I've had a Long Island and a rum & coke, followed by a beer, and am watching tonight's episode slightly buzzed, but I'm sitting here on my couch in complete :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: over Jeff's play-by-play during the immunity challenge. I have read for years over how he never shuts up, and I've always noticed it but it's never bothered me, but the extent to which he shouts out what's happening with complete conviction and excitement is just beyond hilarious to me at the moment. It doesn't bother me, but.. :lol:!

Habs
05-10-2012, 02:13 AM
Interesting about Kat's health. Wonder if as a result she was coddled a bit, and thus seems more naive than others her age.

That would explain my sister-in-law. :slinkaway

emason
05-10-2012, 02:44 AM
Sorry, it's my birthday so I've had a Long Island and a rum & coke, followed by a beer, and am watching tonight's episode slightly buzzed, but I'm sitting here on my couch in complete :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: over Jeff's play-by-play during the immunity challenge. I have read for years over how he never shuts up, and I've always noticed it but it's never bothered me, but the extent to which he shouts out what's happening with complete conviction and excitement is just beyond hilarious to me at the moment. It doesn't bother me, but.. :lol:!

He never shuts up because it's his job to distract the players and make it as hard for them as possible.

Prancer
05-10-2012, 03:01 AM
He never shuts up because it's his job to distract the players and make it as hard for them as possible.

Yes, he said that players are always yelling "Shut up, Jeff!" and he never really understood how very annoying it is until he tried doing some of the challenges with the Dream Team last year. Every time the guy playing Jeff would yell "Probst needs to pick it up! He's in the last place!", Jeff wanted to yell "Shut up!" :lol:

You couldn't get much more of a contrast between Kat's post boot speech and Tarzan's :lol:.