PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Fridge_Break
01-19-2012, 08:34 PM
My comment really related to challenges. I remember so vividly how the men blew the first challenge on Vanuatu for example after talking big before the event.

This happened in the Amazon season, too, I believe. Ironically, it was a balance-beam-type challenge that hung up both of these tribes.

Jenny
02-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Premiere tonight!

My local station keeps running a promo that says "for the first time ever, two tribes will live on one beach!" I guess they've forgotten Thailand and the false merge?

Catherine M
02-15-2012, 05:37 PM
I'm ready to watch Survivor again after taking last season off. Glad to see a whole new cast and it will be interesting to see how the one beach works.

FiveRinger
02-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks for bumping this up--I got a new DVR yesterday, nothing programmed yet. Can't wait for this one!

KHenry14
02-15-2012, 10:53 PM
it will be interesting to see how the one beach works.

I'm optimistic that this new twist will really pay off for the show. Well that, and the fact that this season will be a Hantz free zone!:lol:

Catherine M
02-16-2012, 01:44 AM
Not feeling all the chaos on the beach but willing to give the season a few more episodes to sort things out.

Prancer
02-16-2012, 02:17 AM
:yikes: for pretty much that whole show, but I can see this becoming very interesting.

Erin
02-16-2012, 02:19 AM
My local station keeps running a promo that says "for the first time ever, two tribes will live on one beach!" I guess they've forgotten Thailand and the false merge?

I think we all want to forget the Thailand season!

Well that, and the fact that this season will be a Hantz free zone!:lol:

:cheer2: Thank heaven for small favours!

I found the editing a little confusing here...seemed like there were a lot of strands that were left and not really resolved. But we'll see how the season shapes up. Lots of potential!

smurfy
02-16-2012, 03:19 AM
Not a bad start, definitely promising. definitely editing was confusing.
not liking some already, not sure of names - lawyer matt, alicia? tarzan and troyzan
colton seems nice in small does, but could get on my nerves on the island
good first impression - sabrina and chelsea (I am impressed with catching chickens)

genevieve
02-16-2012, 05:22 AM
I hate most of these people :lol:

The women's team :yikes: I like Sabrina, and while I dislike Alicia immensely, she is definitely working the strategy. I liked Christina, but her sucking up to the guys :scream: Then again, the guys apparently held up their end of the bargain (I didn't expect them to). Chelsea catching the chickens was pretty rad, but again - immediately the ladiez allow themselves to get pulled into a "what can you do for me?" discussion with the lunkheads including jokes about naked pole dancing :rolleyes: GAH.

If I hadn't read anything in advance, I'd be rooting for Colton, but I suspect he'll show his true colors soon.

Poor Kortney, but DAMN. :lol: Oh, and fake boobs and tramp stamps look even worse in night vision light than they do in real life :scream:

KHenry14
02-16-2012, 06:13 AM
BTW, did I see one of the women with a bicycle tattooed on their back?????

genevieve
02-16-2012, 07:03 AM
yep, that was Kortney

Jenny
02-16-2012, 04:06 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed that - random thoughts:

The axe stealing brought the women together, but as I knew would happen, within the first three days they were already splintered, with several already approaching the men. These women will betray each other again and again, and while I don't know who will win, I do predict that by final 6-8 we will have more men left than women.

The axe stealing (:lol: that it was the banker) and the choice the men made at the challenge did something that I applaud heartily - served noticed that this game is not about integrity. Even Coach finally gave up on that one :lol:

I would have done the same thing as the men - this is a game, and the prize is one million dollars. There was zero reason for them to throw the women a bone - they already have the upper hand with the fire and their unity (plus I'm sure they think they are stronger).

Agree with those who think Coltan is going to get annoying fast. He may think he's the swing between two factions, but I think it's likely they will join together to get rid of him - not because he's gay, but because he's whiny and lazy (looked that way, can't be sure so soon) around camp. And if he's in cahoots with the other team.

I wanted to give that poor retired LAPD officer a big hug - she's hardly an attractive woman to start, but with all that swelling! I felt bad for her watching this at home last night. Seems like a decent person - hopefully will not be booted for being old.

Loved that they are putting names on people when there are a bunch of them and they're being talked about - I still haven't begun to sort them all out, but it's a help.

Forming alliances on the walk to camp? This is a hardcore group, and between that an the axe/challenge decision, I think we're going to see some serious game playing. And I don't think Jesus will be part of the storyline, thank goodness. :)

:rollin:

Kasey
02-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Finally watching the premiere now. Both tribes on the same beach could end up kind of intriguing.

Alicia is b*tchy. Christina may be under the radar, and kudos to her for telling Alicia the skank to STFU. I like Sabrina, and kudos to Chelsea for her fowl-rounding capabilities. Wonder if LAPD chick is allergic to something in the area? That angioedema could be dangerous.

Matt is an arrogant ass. Colton is an annoying, whiney ass. The Tarzan/Troyzan twins are annoying as well. I kind of like Jay, somewhat, and one or two of the quieter guys may be decent.

Should be an interesting challenge of personalities over the next few weeks.

Prancer
02-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Wonder if LAPD chick is allergic to something in the area? That angioedema could be dangerous.

I think she just faceplanted on the net, didn't she?

That was a rough challenge for the women.