PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

PeterG
04-28-2012, 03:57 AM
What a great thread about the public education system!

P.S. If anyone has a link to the Survivor thread, please PM me.

:P

Prancer
04-28-2012, 10:08 AM
They aren't.

Oh.

Heidi and Jenna strip for peanut butter and chocolate on Survivor Amazon. People say Heidi should be fired from her teaching job. She is, although school officials deny that it has anything to do with the show.

Heidi said absolutely nothing to insult her "clients."

Na'Onka is an awful person on Survivor. People say she should be fired because she was an awful human being.

Na'Onka, for all her sins, said absolutely nothing to insult her "clients." She also wasn't fired, in spite of the demands from some of the parents of her students--in spite of being neither tenured nor a public school teacher.

People were saying that Alicia should be fired weeks ago, long before she insulted her "clients," because of her behavior with Colton.

So it's not about insulting the "clients." And since teachers aren't singled out, I am sure that you can think of comparable examples for cast members in other professions.

What a great thread about the public education system!

P.S. If anyone has a link to the Survivor thread, please PM me.

:P

Terribly sorry. Let's all talk about how stupid Christina is instead. If I were on the show, I'd treat her just like some of my students.

Did I just insult my students? Hmmmm........

But here's a nice Jay piccie for you: http://images.yuku.com/image/jpg/fd726c2690b694a787ee5dae832599b2bc0d5eea_r.jpg

jamesy
04-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Terribly sorry. Let's all talk about how stupid Christina is instead. If I were on the show, I'd treat her just like some of my students.

Did I just insult my students? Hmmmm........
you should be fired :mitchell:

genevieve
04-29-2012, 01:52 AM
how did I end up in the Apprentice thread?

purple skates
04-29-2012, 05:04 AM
There's someone in here with a bad toupee?

Michalle
04-29-2012, 07:05 AM
Although there is no need for teachers to be saints, I do think because teachers deal with a vulnerable population, rather than adults like themselves, it makes sense to be a little more concerned about what they do than one would feel about someone working in a cubicle at an office. That goes double for special ed teachers. If you mistreat a fellow adult in the workplace, they are likely to speak out about it. If you mistreat a child, they will not necessarily have the courage, or even ability, to do so. I think that's why people get more worked up when it seems like a person who is a teacher is misbehaving, especially in a way that involves mistreatment of others. I'm not saying it's fair, or even right, but I don't think it's this crazy irrational stance either.

genevieve
05-03-2012, 05:02 AM
ooo tonight's ep was so satisfying!!

"I (gulp) left before Christina (sob) and Tarzan (sniffle)...I'm so embarrassed (snort)"

Good riddance delusional brat!

And very interesting that Kim was forced to bend to the will of her many alliances. And who knew Alicia's fickle nature could be used for good?

More gems: I don't know that either Christina or Tarzan "deserved" to be taken - I mean, Christina's dad might die in 5-10 years? Any one of their family/friends could be hit by a bus next month. And I wasn't aware that Tarzan was so close tot he grave at age 64...how on earth did he get medically cleared to compete? :lol: But Kat's choice of who she took was a big ol strategic blunder. It was kind of satisfying to see someone be really honest about why they chose the people they did, instead of trying to pass it off as something the left-outs might feel ok about, but Kat's cool kids declaration was never going to go over well.

Kat REALLY loves her cousin :scream:

Blindsides are always exciting and fun!!!!! unless they are directed at me, in which case I will cry

Vagabond
05-03-2012, 07:44 AM
The :EVILLE: side of me doesn't want the producers ever, ever to let Kat do another season so she can redeem herself.

The :saint: side of me wants her to get that chance when she is about the age Tarzan is now, happily married, and playing opposite some 22-year-old twerp with no sense of compassion.

(Or is it the other way around? :EVILLE: :saint:, :saint: :EVILLE:, I get confused.)

Prancer
05-03-2012, 12:37 PM

That was just weird.

Blindsides are always exciting and fun!!!!!

I expected Sabrina to go until Kat said that; her doom was sealed at that moment, silly girl.

Touche.:lol:

jkl
05-03-2012, 02:32 PM
I rather enjoyed Kat being blindsided:D

Flatfoote
05-03-2012, 02:53 PM
ooo tonight's ep was so satisfying!!

"I (gulp) left before Christina (sob) and Tarzan (sniffle)...I'm so embarrassed (snort)"

Good riddance delusional brat!

And very interesting that Kim was forced to bend to the will of her many alliances. And who knew Alicia's fickle nature could be used for good?

More gems: I don't know that either Christina or Tarzan "deserved" to be taken - I mean, Christina's dad might die in 5-10 years? Any one of their family/friends could be hit by a bus next month. And I wasn't aware that Tarzan was so close tot he grave at age 64...how on earth did he get medically cleared to compete? :lol: But Kat's choice of who she took was a big ol strategic blunder. It was kind of satisfying to see someone be really honest about why they chose the people they did, instead of trying to pass it off as something the left-outs might feel ok about, but Kat's cool kids declaration was never going to go over well.

Blindsides are always exciting and fun!!!!! unless they are directed at me, in which case I will cry

ITA with this! It's not like these people aren't going to all be seeing their loved ones in just a few days anyway!

genevieve
05-03-2012, 03:31 PM
But gotta give it to Sabrina -I think those genuinely were her feelings about it (weird as they were), but she was very effective as getting the rest of the people back at camp to focus on how immature, selfish and obnoxious Kat is. She also pointed out in TC how Kat refused to high 5 Kim after the IC. She may be working from some faulty logic, but she sure is using it strategically.

I would love to have a Sabrina/Kim final 2 (is it 2 or 3 this season? I hate F3s!!). I don't see how it can happen - Kim is all too aware that Sabrina's her biggest threat at the end and even though Sabrina seems committed to Kim, she gotta know that the only people she really can't bring with her are Kim and Tarzan.

This whole game Kat has come across as someone who's been indulged, and told she funny, cute, whatever, and has never really had any negative consequences to anything she's done - as the others said, her response to any pushback has been "whatever, I'm 22", which isn't exactly young enough to excuse her self-centeredness. She's a lot like Colton (minus the racism and classism). I wonder if this game is the first time she's experienced a large dose of not getting what she wanted from the people around her. It's a harsh lesson, but the upside of her age is that it could really turn her around if she's willing to see it. It will be interesting how she is at the reunion.

ETA: here's what Probst had to say over at ew.com:

Kat is certainly colorful and can be very charming, but the truth is we all have our limitations. Kat doesn’t have the vocabulary or life experiences of others her age and it shows.
that's tactful and totally true

her first Pondersosa video is hilarious and awesome from a schadenfreude POV

Sparks
05-03-2012, 05:25 PM
RESPECT for everything Genevieve wrote!
I found this episode quite enjoyable as well. *Blindsides are always fun*
Darn it...The Ponderosa videos aren't working for me this morning.

purple skates
05-03-2012, 07:20 PM

Definitely icky :yikes:

Prancer
05-03-2012, 07:48 PM
her first Pondersosa video is hilarious and awesome from a schadenfreude POV

HER blindside is worse than THEIR blindsides because she really, truly didn't see it coming. :wuzrobbed But those bitchez can't make fire without her, hahahahahaha!

Did you see Troy's secret scene last week, with clips of them all running amok in camp? That was really fun--too bad it didn't make the broadcast.