PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Prancer
04-26-2012, 03:24 AM
Wow. They sure didn't cast everyone this season based on brains. :yikes:

Sparks
04-26-2012, 04:02 AM
I'm feeling glad.

jamesy
04-26-2012, 04:03 AM
So Christina was ok with getting the split votes even though if Troy had an idol that would mean she goes home? :confused:

Bless her heart.

Sparks
04-26-2012, 04:04 AM
Christina has a low EQ. Bless her...

Vagabond
04-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Yes, Kat, you're just a follower, and you've got your head so far up Kim and Chelsea's ass that you can't see. Any other questions? :COP:

Prancer
04-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Christina has a low EQ. Bless her...

Her IQ isn't all that, either.

So Christina was ok with getting the split votes even though if Troy had an idol that would mean she goes home? :confused:

I was :eek: when Sabrina said that she didn't think Christina had processed that yet. I don't think there's ever been anyone in the history of Survivor who wouldn't have processed that instantly, even some of the mactors who had never seen the show before being cast. And that was AFTER she had been told that no one thought she deserved to be there. And then she tells Troy that some of the girls are voting for her? :eek:

Oh, and she never talks strategy with anyone because Survivor is supposed to be about deception and lying? Yes, sweetie, but as they say every single season, it's a NUMBERS game. That means you need allies to lie and deceive with you.

I am just :confused: that Kim thought her strategic error was in not taking Kat. Okay, take Kat, whatever. But if you are thinking that Troy is back at camp making trouble, why wouldn't you take Troy, if for no other reason than to keep him from making trouble? Strategically speaking, you should always take your biggest threat and weakest link on rewards with you, or at least that's what seems logical to me.

I'm kind of glad Troy is gone; he was really showboating. "I think the people at home will love the way I played." Um, yeah, that whole little exit scene--:rolleyes:. It's been done and better, dude.

Bostonfan
04-26-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm kind of glad Troy is gone; he was really showboating. "I think the people at home will love the way I played." Um, yeah, that whole little exit scene--:rolleyes:. It's been done and better, dude.

Yeah, once he realized the million dollars was likely out of reach, he was TOTALLY playing for the 100,000 fan favorite prize. :rolleyes: I'll LMAO if someone else (especially Coltan) gets it.

Fridge_Break
04-26-2012, 03:03 PM

What got me was after he was knocked out of the immunity challenge, he spent the rest of it with his back to the action. I'd appreciate his strategic efforts a lot more if he had respected the players still in the challenge and sat down and at the very least watched like everyone else did.

Erin
04-26-2012, 03:34 PM
I was :eek: when Sabrina said that she didn't think Christina had processed that yet. I don't think there's ever been anyone in the history of Survivor who wouldn't have processed that instantly, even some of the mactors who had never seen the show before being cast. And that was AFTER she had been told that no one thought she deserved to be there. And then she tells Troy that some of the girls are voting for her? :eek:

To me, the craziest thing was that Sabrina told Christina that they were going to throw the votes to her. Why didn't she just say that everyone was voting for Troy? Or that if they needed to split the votes, say that the back-up target was Tarzan.

Christina's vote for Chelsea was also really stupid - if Troy had managed to convince Kat to switch her vote, Christina would have gone home, whereas if Christina had voted for Troy, it wouldn't have mattered as much if Kat would have switched her vote, as it would have been a tie and the revote likely would have been for Troy (as everyone would know that he didn't have an idol by then).

KHenry14
04-26-2012, 03:45 PM
This season is turning out to be a real snooze fest. So many of the players just don't get what Survivor is all about, and Kim is taking advantage of that cluelessness. I will be interesting to read after they get booted out how much Christina and Kat just didn't understand how to play. Did they really have any plan other than going along with what Kim said?

BTW, AFAIK Kim hasn't mentioned that she's bringing Tarzan to the end as the vote patsy, but that's a really good idea. Not in a million years will anyone vote for him at this point.

One last thing, if anyone had paid attention to past seasons of Survivor, last night's reward challenge is the one you don't want to win. If there had been smarter castaways Kim's alliances could have been in a lot of trouble. But we are stuck with Christina, Kat, and Tarzan, and a bag of hammers for brains....

Vagabond
04-26-2012, 03:59 PM
This season is turning out to be a real snooze fest. So many of the players just don't get what Survivor is all about, and Kim is taking advantage of that cluelessness. I will be interesting to read after they get booted out how much Christina and Kat just didn't understand how to play. Did they really have any plan other than going along with what Kim said?

BTW, AFAIK Kim hasn't mentioned that she's bringing Tarzan to the end as the vote patsy, but that's a really good idea. Not in a million years will anyone vote for him at this point.

One last thing, if anyone had paid attention to past seasons of Survivor, last night's reward challenge is the one you don't want to win. If there had been smarter castaways Kim's alliances could have been in a lot of trouble. But we are stuck with Christina, Kat, and Tarzan, and a bag of hammers for brains....

I disagree about the snoozefest, but otherwise ... yeah.

For me, one of the weirdest things about this season is that according to her Survivor profile (http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/81119/), Christina is a career consultant. :eek: :scream:

genevieve
04-26-2012, 04:24 PM
I liked Christina at the beginning, and I certainly don't condone the way people treat her on the island (especially Colton and Alicia so many weeks ago), but DAMN she is a crappy player. And she is just a weak person in general...people keep saying unbelievably awful things to her face, and she just keeps....taking it. There's refusing to take the bait and staying calm, but she has yet to capitalize on anything that's going (hello - Sabrina just told you you were the backup boot :duh: ) so it comes across as a combination of Christina just not being very smart, and having been treated this way for so long (beyond just this game) that she just thinks it's normal. It's sad. She reminds me of Jan for Survivor Thailand...even people in her alliance said later that communicating with Jan was difficult, and they really had to just control her instead of engage with her in strategy or whatever.

Kim is doing a :kickass: job, but this season is starting to remind me of The Coronation of Rob. It's not fun to see a strong player make really major mistakes and sail through because the other players are just too stupid to do anything. Troyzan's ego was irritating, but I really wanted him to stay because he's the only one putting up any sort of strategic struggle here.

I can't believe Kim's response to Kat's feelings of betrayal was saying "you think you've got it bad? What about ME?!? That helicopter ride and picnic was the worst day of my life!! How could the show have forced me to win??? It's soooooo unfair!!! :drama: " Even more :eek: is that it worked :lol: :duh:

Well played to the production team for rolling out a challenge that requires all the remaining young and extremely in shape ladies to oil themselves down :lol:
Someone on Sucks has GOT to make a .gif of Kat doing her oiled mat shuffle :rofl:

aidan
04-26-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm hoping the editing is making Christina look dumber than she actually is. It wouldn't surprise me if Christina actually approached Troy and said "show me the idol and I will vote with you", but that scene was left on the floors of the editing room. Since Troy would have no reason not to show her the idol, she knew she wasn't in danger since everyone's priority was to get rid of Troy.

I have high hopes that Sabrina will take control next week, as she's my pick to ultimately win the game. She should align with Tarzan, Christina, and Kat and form an alliance of four to vote out Kim/Chelsie/Alicia. The only challenge she would face would be to get Kat to align with her, but Kat seems anxious to make a move in the game and not be a "follower". In fact, the TC of last nights episode (when Troy told her to "do it" when exiting) may have been foreshadowing that Kat will make a move next week.

Sabrina/Kat have to know their odds of winning are much higher against Christina/Tarzan than the other three girls. Let's hope they can salvage the season and their reputations!

ETA: I missed the last few episodes, but would anyone on the jury actually vote for Tarzan? It appears he's not particularly liked/respected by the men on the jury.

merrywidow
04-26-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm looking forward to the women turning on & mistrusting one another.

KHenry14
04-26-2012, 05:10 PM
BTW, this illustrates the downside of going on reality TV. For years from now people will meet Kat and Christina (especially Kat) and automatically think they are stupid, whether they are or not. I can't imagine what that would be like, to seemingly have the whole country thinking I'm a dim bulb. It's going to impact their professional careers as well as their personal life and makes one think hard about ever going on one of those shows.