PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Prancer
04-19-2012, 09:42 PM
As for Christina, you were expecting her to align herself with Alicia? After Alicia and Colton treated her worse than possibly anyone has treated somebody on Survivor? Really? :huh:

After the episode where Colton and Alicia was aired, Alicia tweeted an apology to Christina, and Christina tweeted back something to the effect that Alicia was her girl.

They've been seen hanging out together post-show.

Just sayin'.

I still don't get what their longterm plan is :confused:.

rjblue
04-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Tarzan- "I'm a wealthy loony who everyone will want to take to the end, because they think they can beat me."

Christina - "After the guys are gone, the popular girls will eat each other up, and take me to the end."

Alicia -"I'm one of the cool girls- keep voting off the geeks."

Leif - "Oh, look- there's a shiny pebble. I should go to the bathroom. Or go swim. That cloud looks like a bunny."

BaileyCatts
04-19-2012, 10:36 PM
^^ :rofl:

walei
04-20-2012, 03:57 AM
After the episode where Colton and Alicia was aired, Alicia tweeted an apology to Christina, and Christina tweeted back something to the effect that Alicia was her girl.

They've been seen hanging out together post-show.

Just sayin'.

I still don't get what their longterm plan is :confused:.

Also didn't Alicia defended Christina when Troyzan was going off on her after they returned from tribal?

Fridge_Break
04-20-2012, 04:14 AM
Also didn't Alicia defended Christina when Troyzan was going off on her after they returned from tribal?

I wondered that as well, but then figured that it had been about 10 days since the Colton/Alicia bitch tirade against Christina, and I'm thinking they might have buried the hatchet in that period of time. Clearly they're both with the women's alliance, they probably figured it was in their best interest to just get past their differences and play on. They've apparently been friendly towards each other as the show's been airing, and I believe I read something that they were spotted hanging out in real life, so I figured they had to simmer down before either was out of the game.

I've been watching past seasons over the last few months (just finished the Pearl Islands). Survivor really should attempt to give some of these people personable edits. It seems all we seen now is gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, and we miss the chance to get to connect with the characters. I've been realizing that it's been quite a few seasons since I've really had players that I've absolutely loved. Well, there was Dawn, but she didn't make it too deep. Other than that, I can't think of any post-HvV other than perhaps Holly, and she wasn't particularly that well-liked by the general public. I'd love for there to be more people like Cirie, JT, Yau-Man, etc, who's great gameplay was an added bonus to their general likability.

Vagabond
04-20-2012, 05:27 AM
Christina and Alicia joining with Troyzan, Tarzan and Leif mean they move from being #6 and #5 to #5 and #4. One would assume that if Christina and Alicia went with the men, within that group of five, the men would have the majority. So these two women would move up one step, but their goal is not to come in fifth place instead of sixth. Troyzan would have needed to say to them, you two make up the final three with me. We will use Tarzan and Leif as the majority of five so that we three make the final. Troyzan dropped the ball.

I'm with julieann on this one. I think that it would have been every man for himself at that point, and if I were in Alicia or Christina's position, I would have tried to forge a potential Final Three of the two of them and Leif, with side deals with Tarzan and even Troy, just in case. Not that either one of them is capable of that level of strategy or social interaction. :shuffle:

Of course, for all we know, Troy did suggest to Christina and Alicia that the three of them should be the Final Three. Some interesting stuff got left on the cutting room floor this week.

Alicia must think she is part of the uber-four of herself, Kim, Chelsea and Sabrian. And that Kat is #5 and not herself.

There's not much reason for her to think that way. OTOH, reasoning ability doesn't seem to be Alicia's strong suit.

As for Christina, you were expecting her to align herself with Alicia? After Alicia and Colton treated her worse than possibly anyone has treated somebody on Survivor? Really? :huh:

Yes, for the reasons Prancer mentioned, which were posted upthread a couple of weeks ago. Plus, Christina is a zhlub.

I know it's a pipe dream, but I am hoping that Christina is planting seeds in regards to Kim. Dropping random comments such as:

To Alicia: "Kim did really well in that challenge."
To Chelsea: "What did Kim say we should do?"
To Kat: "Kim is a really hard worker."
To Sabrina: "Who does Kim want us to vote for tonight?"

Just random comments that will make the others realize that Kim is much more of a threat to take the million over them than Christina.

No, it's random comments like that that will pave the way for Christina to say, as she votes for Kim at the Final Tribal Council, "Kim, I'm voting for you, just like you told me to do on Day One." :P

Rogue
04-20-2012, 02:46 PM
I know it's a pipe dream, but I am hoping that Christina is planting seeds in regards to Kim. Dropping random comments such as:

To Alicia: "Kim did really well in that challenge."
To Chelsea: "What did Kim say we should do?"
To Kat: "Kim is a really hard worker."
To Sabrina: "Who does Kim want us to vote for tonight?"

Just random comments that will make the others realize that Kim is much more of a threat to take the million over them than Christina.

Unfortunately, this strategy would totally backfire on her if she winds up facing Kim in the finals. Everyone would see her as the follower and Kim as the more deserving leader.

PeterG
04-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Unfortunately, this strategy would totally backfire on her if she winds up facing Kim in the finals. Everyone would see her as the follower and Kim as the more deserving leader.

But if this strategy worked, Kim would become the target and would not come close to making the final three. If Kim won all the immunity challenges, Christina could say, "I kept painting a target on Kim's back with everyone within earshot, but unfortunately no one took a shot at her. Regardless, I am sitting her with Kim, who had a strong alliance from day one, whereas I did not. Which makes me the stronger player, to make it to the final three without having the alliance which Kim has always had."

And Christina wins the million! :lol: (Pipe dream, part two.) :D

So what does it say about the casting of Survivor, when we strategize more than the people on the show do? Or should the Survivor editing staff be fired?

Fridge_Break
04-21-2012, 12:19 AM
So what does it say about the casting of Survivor, when we strategize more than the people on the show do? Or should the Survivor editing staff be fired?

Casting and editing needs to be fired, IMO.

Prancer
04-21-2012, 01:06 AM
And Christina wins the million! :lol: (Pipe dream, part two.) :D

I must ask, Peter--what is it you like about Christina? Because she is basically a nonentity on the show and from her Insider clips, she is a truly terrible strategist, although I will say that she at least tries to strategize.

Even Sabrina doesn't like her. And I figure if Sabrina doesn't like someone, no one else does, either.

In their defense, they can only show so much and they tend to show either a) strategies that propel the season's plot line or b) strategies they consider valiant--always, of course, strategies by the alpha males so loved by the production team who are clearly doomed to fail but whose heroism must be shown so we know that they really should have won.

I have considered this season an improvement over the last few--we have actually SEEN some strategy instead of camp drama. But this season has a lot of qualities the producers loathe--the women are in charge (they really hate that), the main strategist (Kim) is the cool and quiet type, and there isn't a whole lot of drama in camp now that Colton is gone. They were probably hysterical with relief when Troyzan started screaming.

Casting and editing needs to be fired, IMO.

I have thought the same, but really--you take a bunch of people, plop them down somewhere in the middle of nowhere and subject them to sleep deprivation, food deprivation, and exposure to the elements for a month or so, and I don't think it's reasonable to expect a whole lot of brilliance to be on display.

Vagabond
04-21-2012, 05:26 AM
I have considered this season an improvement over the last few--we have actually SEEN some strategy instead of camp drama. But this season has a lot of qualities the producers loathe--the women are in charge (they really hate that), the main strategist (Kim) is the cool and quiet type, and there isn't a whole lot of drama in camp now that Colton is gone.

All of which makes the past few episodes fascinating ones in the history of the series and Kim one of the series' most interesting contestants. I'd much rather watch Kim gently string Alicia along, as she did before Jay got voted out, than Russell being a bully or Boston Rob being cocky and conniving.

(Colton? You mean those early episodes this season weren't just a bad dream? :fragile:)

PeterG
04-21-2012, 10:15 PM
I must ask, Peter--what is it you like about Christina? Because she is basically a nonentity on the show and from her Insider clips, she is a truly terrible strategist, although I will say that she at least tries to strategize.

Has there been anyone on this show that has been a good strategist other than Kim? Every single other cast member is a nobody compared to her.

As for Christina, can anyone be a brilliant strategist when a majority forms so quickly and you are left on the outside? She tried a number of things early on (with both tribes that she belonged to), but both times the majority formed without her. So she was an outsider both times, but still tried to make some moves. It's so much easier to praise an insider because they have numbers to work with (or sheep that simply follow their lead). This doesn't make one a great strategist to have sheep following you blindly...or following you out of fear.

As for why I like Christina? I always like the underdog/outsider, especially if they are trying to play the game in a strategical or intellectual way rather than in a bullying or mean-spirited way.

Even Sabrina doesn't like her. And I figure if Sabrina doesn't like someone, no one else does, either.

Yuck. Does anyone even care what Sabrina thinks? Just one big mouth and a whole lot of negativity. Not at the same level as Alicia or Colton...not that that is a compliment! :lol:

Prancer
04-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Has there been anyone on this show that has been a good strategist other than Kim? Every single other cast member is a nobody compared to her.

I have to disagree; while you may not see it on the broadcast, others are definitely strategizing. And unfortunately for Christina, there are Insider clips of her talking about her particular strategies, which are really bad. Go watch them. They don't make any sense at all and they show a real lack of understanding of the dynamics of the game. Take, for example, her reasons for not overbidding Troy; her thoughts on the subject don't make much sense and she pissed off all of her alliance mates--and yes, they already dislike her, but now they are genuinely angry with her. What is even more critical is, she doesn't seem to GET that she pissed off all the other women.

Yuck. Does anyone even care what Sabrina thinks?

But everyone likes Sabrina, including a lot of viewers, and Sabrina is generally pretty level-headed about the other players. No one in the cast likes Christina. This is a social game. Even if Christina were a good strategist, which she most certainly is not, she would not win this game.

Jenny
04-25-2012, 03:40 AM
I'm FINALLY caught up!

First off, points to the women for hanging it together this long. When they were talking about potentially getting rid of Christina, I said that would be the end of them - one betrayal in among the women and the whole thing falls apart. They had to vote off Leif or Tarzan, no question.

So why didn't Christina and Alicia see the obvious (and eloquently pitched) solution that Troyzan presented? The only possibility in my mind is that Alicia has a sub alliance going - wasn't there a reference a few eps ago to her being close to Kat? And maybe the smart Sabrina realizes she has a far better chance of winning against Kat, Alicia and Christina than Kim and Chelsea? And maybe Christina thinks her best option now is to be the goat and get the third place prize money.

Aside from what we know of Kim's control of things, there's the old schoolyard scenario too - Alicia, Christina and Sabrina have to (intuitively at least) see that Kim and Chelsea are the alpha females who are likely to get the male vote in the end, and that's who's forming the jury.

And obviously, :wuzrobbed that Jay's gone, but unfortunately it was his own fault. Aside from giving up the water challenge, according to his post interviews, he gave up what was a decent strategy once he got comfy with the cool kids on the switched tribe, and trusted the girls when he shouldn't have. But, they have his respect and I think if Kim or Chelsea makes it to the end, he will easily give them his vote. Unless by some odd chance Troyzan is survives that long.

Interestingly, in one interview he was asked about Colton saying he wanted to give his HII to Jay. Jay said that indeed when they were on the same tribe, they were working together. Although Jay thought he was a diva, his early strategy was to work with people who knew the game, and were oddballs that no one would suspect him of working with. He had planned to work with him again on merge to share information at least, if not align.

Vagabond
04-25-2012, 07:09 AM
wasn't there a reference a few eps ago to her being close to Kat?

Yes. There was also a sequence a few weeks ago in which Kat, still visibly shaken, said she had dreamed that Alicia killed her. :scream:

Aside from what we know of Kim's control of things, there's the old schoolyard scenario too - Alicia, Christina and Sabrina have to (intuitively at least) see that Kim and Chelsea are the alpha females who are likely to get the male vote in the end, and that's who's forming the jury.

I don't know about that. I'm a man, and, given the choice between Sabrina and Chelsea, I'd vote for Sabrina (but I'd vote for Kim over Sabrina). Sabrina found the first Hidden Immunity Idol very early on,was the only person we saw on either tribe who stood up to Colton and told him to butt out of things, and seems to have a better understanding of both relationships and strategy than Chelsea, who made a major blunder a few episodes back by talking about voting strategy with one of the men (Jay?) in front of Christina and Alicia.