PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Prancer
04-05-2012, 11:57 PM
I was impressed with Kim also in that scene. She just dealt with in head on, no hemming and hawing. Quick thinking.

There's also a scene on Insider where she goes to Mike and makes sure that he feels completely comfortable with his position in the alliance. She does it really well--The two of us are in the middle, we're safe because everyone is focusing on others, we need to stick together because we're in the same position.

Erin
04-06-2012, 02:12 AM
the ew review made some note of a backup strategy in case Mike had a HII, but there Christina got the same # of votes as Tarzan, so that doesn't really make sense. The only thing I can think of is to keep up the charade that the non-Salani women aren't part of the ruling alliance, so Kim can try to keep Troyzan and/or Jay in check for at least one more TC, but that's ridiculous because we know (and Jay knows) they knew the plan.

I had assumed it was the latter, but the former also makes sense. If Mike had the HII, it would have been a tie between Tarzan and Christina, so there would have been a re-vote and any of the female Mike voters would have gone for Tarzan on the re-vote.

Plus, I still think that Christina and Alicia not voting for Mike gives the women's alliance a bit of plausible deniability.

Prancer
04-12-2012, 07:20 AM
I really wish that Survivor let us watch the voting comments on Insider; they stopped a while back, supposedly because it gave away too much. But it would be helpful to know what people were saying when they cast their votes. TARZAN voted for Jay, and Leif, who was supposed to vote with the girls AGAINST Jay, voted for Alicia WITH Jay, and.....WTH? :confused:

Alicia did say that last week, the girls did have Alicia and Christina vote to throw the guys off about a girl alliance, but still--this week the votes were everywhere.

And who would have thought that Kat would be so firm? I figured Jay would get her to waver, but she didn't even twitch, while Chelsea wavered and then pulled out the Immunity win for the girls. I couldn't believe they all quit for food--season after season, that has been the dead giveaway for what is really going on.

Crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy season.

On a completely different but related note, past Suvivor winner Yul Kwon has a new show on PBS that looks interesting: http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2012/04/11/150413974/america-revealed-the-ups-and-downs-of-the-quest-for-more-of-everything

genevieve
04-12-2012, 07:42 AM
I missed the first half again...and continue to be so torn! Kim is running the show so well. Great strategy, great plan to account for an HII she didn't know would come into play, and great handling of Jay (who came off as totally clueless). I'm glad Troyzan is still there, and am kinda hoping he can win immunity or pull something together (although from the preview, I doubt it), but I think it's a case of too little too late, my friend.

Alicia's face as she was trying to figure out who voted for her was funny.

Vagabond
04-12-2012, 04:01 PM
I love Tribal Councils where four different people get votes! :)

I couldn't believe they all quit for food--season after season, that has been the dead giveaway for what is really going on.

As much as I am impressed with Kim's strategic ability, she blundered on this and then then in so obviously taking Alicia aside back at camp while Troy could see them. I am looking forward to seeing how she deals with the knowledge that she is not perceived as just a sweet, unassuming, mid-pack player.

Rogue
04-12-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm wondering if Kim ever deliberated using her IM as well, or always thought she was safe enough to save it for later.

Fridge_Break
04-13-2012, 04:20 AM
I'm wondering if Kim ever deliberated using her IM as well, or always thought she was safe enough to save it for later.

I was wondering this, too, but figured she wasn't going to play it since we didn't get any reference during the episode that she also had one. I figured that if she ended up playing it, it would have been mentioned before TC in the strategy talk.

Kim is obviously running the show here, and if she makes it to the final 3, she really deserves to win in a landslide. She's playing on the edge, though, I think a lot of people know she's the person with the reigns and if anyone compares notes, she's going to be toast. I'm still really impressed with her gameplay, and she is my favorite player this season. I'm also impressed with the women in general now, considering that 2 episodes into this season I was hoping that they'd all be annihilated and we'd finish the season with 9 men.

Jeff asked the question again at TC if it's a "battle of the sexes"... and while 3 men have now gone home in a row, I really don't think you can consider it a battle of the sexes when the reason the first two men went home were because the men themselves couldn't get their shit together. They weren't going after the women at all, and even afterwards they're all on different pages. I'm wondering if we're going to have another season like Vanuatu where we have a final 7 of 6 women and 1 man. If that's the case, it'll be interesting to see if the man can plow through and win in the end.

This season has just been blowing my mind. It is SO much better than the last few seasons combined. The strategy has been flying around every corner and we finally have a group of players that are there to play and not to be dragged to the end.

Vagabond
04-19-2012, 07:02 AM
:wideeyes:

Okay, how did Kim and her minions manage to guide Christina and Alicia into voting for Tarzan and Tarzan into voting for Leif?

And are Tarzan, Christina, and Alicia actually the complete idiots that they appear to be?

:confused:

MarieM
04-19-2012, 08:00 AM
I would say : yeah :)

BaileyCatts
04-19-2012, 09:13 AM
:wideeyes:

Okay, how did Kim and her minions manage to guide Christina and Alicia into voting for Tarzan and Tarzan into voting for Leif?

And are Tarzan, Christina, and Alicia actually the complete idiots that they appear to be?

Answer to your first question: I think they split the vote "just in case" .... example scenario: Troyzan might have really found an Idol and would then give it to either Leif or Tarzan to get Troy's pick voted off. So the safe bet was 3 for Leif and 3 for Tarzan; either way, a guy is gone.

Answer to your second question: Yes. :lol:

Fridge_Break
04-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Is it just me, or is this season's voting urn uber tacky? It looks like a 2nd grade art project made with Elmer's glue that's going to fall apart before the season is over.

Vagabond
04-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Answer to your first question: I think they split the vote "just in case" .... example scenario: Troyzan might have really found an Idol and would then give it to either Leif or Tarzan to get Troy's pick voted off. So the safe bet was 3 for Leif and 3 for Tarzan; either way, a guy is gone.

Answer to your second question: Yes. :lol:

Actually, I think my second question is the answer to my first. :shuffle:

I understand that Christina and Alicia thought they were splitting the vote, but I don't understand how they think that they can get to the Final Four (let alone win) without having both Troy and Leif in their alliance.

I do understand that the three of them are complete idiots, though. :2faced:

Is it just me, or is this season's voting urn uber tacky? It looks like a 2nd grade art project made with Elmer's glue that's going to fall apart before the season is over.

If we can trust the trailer at the end of last night's episode, it might happen next week. But you can never trust a Survivor trailer.

:watch:

julieann
04-19-2012, 06:13 PM
I understand that Christina and Alicia thought they were splitting the vote, but I don't understand how they think that they can get to the Final Four (let alone win) without having both Troy and Leif in their alliance.

I don't really understand that either. Christina has to know she still isn't liked, just tolerated. So if they had gone along with Troyzan's plan they would have been top 5 then every man for himself. He reiterated it again at tribal council.

I still don't know how everyone turned on Troyzan so fast, I must have missed something, but I'm really hoping he does well from now on.

Sparks
04-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Maybe there is more to Christina than the producer are showing us.

PeterG
04-19-2012, 06:43 PM

Christina and Alicia joining with Troyzan, Tarzan and Leif mean they move from being #6 and #5 to #5 and #4. One would assume that if Christina and Alicia went with the men, within that group of five, the men would have the majority. So these two women would move up one step, but their goal is not to come in fifth place instead of sixth. Troyzan would have needed to say to them, you two make up the final three with me. We will use Tarzan and Leif as the majority of five so that we three make the final. Troyzan dropped the ball.

Alicia must think she is part of the uber-four of herself, Kim, Chelsea and Sabrian. And that Kat is #5 and not herself.

As for Christina, you were expecting her to align herself with Alicia? After Alicia and Colton treated her worse than possibly anyone has treated somebody on Survivor? Really? :huh:

I know it's a pipe dream, but I am hoping that Christina is planting seeds in regards to Kim. Dropping random comments such as:

To Alicia: "Kim did really well in that challenge."
To Chelsea: "What did Kim say we should do?"
To Kat: "Kim is a really hard worker."
To Sabrina: "Who does Kim want us to vote for tonight?"

Just random comments that will make the others realize that Kim is much more of a threat to take the million over them than Christina.