PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

FiveRinger
03-24-2012, 01:20 AM
Alicia - although the women know she is a biotch, they may still honor their original alliance and use her as the disliked one to take to the end.

God, I hope not. She's just vile.

Jenny
03-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Snark: I am on a business trip and after weeks of carefully planning every last detail (7 flights in 12 days!), I realized on the way to the friggin airport that the one thing I had forgotten to do was pvr Survivor!!:wuzrobbed

That's why the fiery diva Sandra is the best player on Survivor. :P

While I was kicking myself for not remembering to pvr, and being so off on the history of past winners upthread, I was thinking that Sandra really is the Ultimate Survivor.

I think that Alicia is the one with the biggest target on her back at this point. She is a bully and with the exception of Tarzan, no one on Manano has allegience to her. Colton ws just using her. And in her girls' alliance knows she is a nut.

One would *think* but who knows with this editing. The impression they've given is that the rest of the girls sans Christina are quite cozy with the boys on their tribe, and surely word is getting around, but again you never know because ...

Christina has been spotted hanging out with both Colton and Alicia, so whatever went down between them, she doesn't seem to be holding a grudge. We clearly missed something in the editing.

This really pisses me off, because at this point we have every reason to think that Colton has zero allegiance to Alicia and she should be really mad at him, not to mention that he *claims* he was going to vote her out, and the whole Christina thing remains :confused: unexplained. With Colton gone it would be hard to explain that side of things, but they could still give us some clues on Christina and Alicia - but more likely we will just see Christina cradling Alicia's head next week for no apparent reason. :rolleyes:

Prancer
03-29-2012, 04:37 AM
Well, Alicia and Christina didn't have a bonding moment after all :lol:.

I had high hopes that they would get rid of Tarzan, but no--he's going to be dragged to the end as the goat, just to annoy me. I will have to look at him in his underwear and hear him talk about poop and yell at people for stupid reasons until the bitter end.

What the hell was that fleshy thing hanging off his butt? :yikes:

Mike is a really sneaky dude. If he had a good alliance with anyone, I'd think he would go far, but he seems to be just sort of hanging around the edges.

Jay appears to be calling the shots. Or thinks he is. I think Kim might have other ideas about who is really in charge. I know Jenny will say it won't happen, and it probably won't, but I do hope she pulls the girls together next week. If they pick off the men, Tarzan will have to go.

jamesy
03-29-2012, 05:02 AM
I would be all for a women's alliance--even one that included Alicia--if it meant getting rid of Skidmarks. :scream: :scream:

KHenry14
03-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Not a great ep IMO. I find it curious that Jonas was so feared by these tribe members. He didn't strike me as a guy who would be great at challenges, nor was he particulary adept at the social game. I just find it hard to believe that all these people thought he was so dangerous.

BTW, I think they merged too soon. Too many players to keep track of on one tribe.

genevieve
03-29-2012, 04:36 PM
I came in at the half way mark and didn't understand why Kim was so miffed about migling Tarzan's laundry with hers. Based on just the comments here, I don't feel a need to find out more :scream:

Tarzan has such a hair trigger temper and a really bizarre sense of what's "right". He's predictable in his unpredictability. I feel bad for Jonas, but I really think the tribe had made up its mind before that little explosion.

Kat, when her name came up for discussion: "Wut? What'd I do?" oh Kat, you useless little thing :lol:

Was that Leif who voted for Mike with Jonas? Making a stand or just out of the loop? I'd guess the latter.

Sparks
03-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah, it was Leif. It looks like he may be next to go.
I hope the women step up.

julieann
03-29-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm curious why in the first challenge they thought it was wise to send the littlest guy to dig the hole for everyone to fit though?

AND then he tried to go though on his belly?!? I don't care how big or little you are, bodies bend at the waist.

Rogue
03-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Not a great ep IMO. I find it curious that Jonas was so feared by these tribe members. He didn't strike me as a guy who would be great at challenges, nor was he particulary adept at the social game. I just find it hard to believe that all these people thought he was so dangerous.

BTW, I think they merged too soon. Too many players to keep track of on one tribe.

It was a tribal thing. Of Tarzan, Leif, Alicia, Christina, and Jonas, Jonas was the most feared by the seven Greek gods of the other tribe. If Colton or Monica had still been around, one of them probably would have been most feared. Tarzan, Alicia, and Christina saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship. (How's that for mixing metaphors?)

It will be interesting to see if the Greek gods stick together next week, or start going after the stronger members since the remaining four non-gods are easily picked off later.

emason
03-30-2012, 12:44 AM
This is unusual. Normally the season that airs in the fall is filmed July-Aug, and the season that airs in spring (now) is filmed in Oct-Nov. Does this mean a summer season I wonder?

I don't know if this means a summer season or not, but I do know why they are filming early. Probst has a talk show coming up and they need to get Survivor filming out of the way so he can do the talk show. That's all I know and I heard this today from a woman who works on Survivor. (She does the Vote 1 for Troyzan, vote 2 for Tarzan etc. Player of the Week spots.)

Fridge_Break
04-05-2012, 02:58 PM
This season just has me in massive fits of laughter :rofl: I am loving how there's been more strategy and plotting than the past 3 or 4 seasons combined.

Kim is quickly becoming one of the best and my favorite castaways in recent seasons.

genevieve
04-05-2012, 08:58 PM
so conflicted....I love me some women's alliance, especially if they can pull it off, but I despise Alicia and want her gone asap. And I kinda like Troyzan, even though he got totally pwned by Kim last night. Kim has a boring personality and her confessionals are zzzzz, but she is a fierce competitor AND strategizer. After the :wall: of learning Chelsea blabbed the SEKRET plan to Jay in front of people who shouldn't be in on it, she flew into action, immediately covering up in a way that completely worked. That was impressive. Plus, she's killer in challenges. Too bad we lost so much air time early on to Colton and his shenanigans :rolleyes:

Tarzan must be just horrid to have around camp :scream: but his convo with Chelsea was :rofl:

Prancer
04-05-2012, 09:05 PM
so conflicted....I love me some women's alliance, especially if they can pull it off, but I despise Alicia and want her gone asap. And I kinda like Troyzan, even though he got totally pwned by Kim last night. Kim has a boring personality and her confessionals are zzzzz, but she is a fierce competitor AND strategizer. After the :wall: of learning Chelsea blabbed the SEKRET plan to Jay in front of people who shouldn't be in on it, she flew into action, immediately covering up in a way that completely worked. That was impressive. Plus, she's killer in challenges. Too bad we lost so much air time early on to Colton and his shenanigans :rolleyes:

My husband kept saying "Why is no one thinking of getting rid of Kim?" for all those reasons.

Tarzan must be just horrid to have around camp :scream: but his convo with Chelsea was :rofl:

WHY did Alicia and Christina vote for Tarzan????? Once again, the editing is :confused:. Clearly they were both in on the plan to boot Mike, so why did they vote for Tarzan?

Too bad they didn't all vote for Tarzan. :yikes:

genevieve
04-05-2012, 09:13 PM
My husband kept saying "Why is no one thinking of getting rid of Kim?" for all those reasons.
well, most of the other women are in serious need of a leader. My hope is that Sabrina has something up her sleeve and will target Kim before it gets too close to the end - otherwise Kim is a lock if she reaches the final.

WHY did Alicia and Christina vote for Tarzan????? Once again, the editing is :confused:. Clearly they were both in on the plan to boot Mike, so why did they vote for Tarzan?
the ew review made some note of a backup strategy in case Mike had a HII, but there Christina got the same # of votes as Tarzan, so that doesn't really make sense. The only thing I can think of is to keep up the charade that the non-Salani women aren't part of the ruling alliance, so Kim can try to keep Troyzan and/or Jay in check for at least one more TC, but that's ridiculous because we know (and Jay knows) they knew the plan. The only possible advantage would be that they can say they didn't vote out Mike to curry a vote from him at the end, but it's too early for that, and they weren't in his alleged alliance anyway so of course they would gladly vote for him - it just makes them look out of the loop....aaahhhh, so many possible reasons, and all of them are bad!

smurfy
04-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Chelsea blabbed the SEKRET plan to Jay in front of people who shouldn't be in on it, she flew into action, immediately covering up in a way that completely worked. That was impressive. Plus, she's killer in challenges.

I was impressed with Kim also in that scene. She just dealt with in head on, no hemming and hawing. Quick thinking. She is good, but does seem like too many are figuring it out.
I did like how Kim & Sab were planning at the reward challenge right in front of Leif and Mike. Shows why they do not deserve to win.
I am still rooting for either Kim or Sab to win. But also we still don't know everything going on. Please get rid of Tarzan. Such a strange man, I felt bad for Chelsea.