PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: One World (Season 24)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

BaileyCatts
03-22-2012, 08:38 PM
whenever a woman in this show says she is going to use men to her advantage via her feminine wiles, it's a good bet that she will be the submissive 2nd (or lower) in an alliance led by a man or men - but will often think she's calling the shots. I think Parvati is the only woman to pull this strategy off correctly.:(

I agree all around. Parvati was a master, even if I hated her. :lol: And Alicia .... well Alicia sure the hell ain't no Parvati, if you know what I mean, that's for damn sure! Frankly I laughed my ass off when she said she was going to "use her feminine wiles" and seduce all the men. Really, Alicia?? Really???? :rofl: :yikes:

DarrellH
03-22-2012, 09:33 PM
The trouble with copying any prior contestants' strategies is that potentially, your other castaways had access to that same knowledge.

Jenny
03-22-2012, 09:55 PM
The trouble with copying any prior contestants' strategies is that potentially, your other castaways had access to that same knowledge.

I thought Cochrane's comments last season were telling - he was perhaps the biggest student of the game to ever play, certainly had the smarts and strategies all worked out, but didn't factor in the one thing that can derail even the best laid plans, and that's the other players.

It took even two of the greatest players - Boston Rob and Parvati - three tries before they were able to fully realize their strategies, and both were built on the people they actually played with, not just something that looked good on paper.

genevieve
03-22-2012, 10:00 PM
It took Rob FOUR tries, and he was pretty much handed that season on a plate. And Parvati won on her 2nd try.

Jest sayin' :saint:

Habs
03-22-2012, 11:36 PM
It took Rob FOUR tries, and he was pretty much handed that season on a plate. And Parvati won on her 2nd try.

So three is the average... ;)

Jenny
03-23-2012, 12:57 AM

Correct, but I still stand by the point that neither of them won their first time out, and yet both are considered among the greatest players in the game ;)

Fridge_Break
03-23-2012, 01:02 AM
Goodbye and good riddance to Colton. I'm super glad a big dose of karma came and bitch-slapped him in the appendix. The way he (and Alicia) were treating Christina, for reasons that I, along with I think everybody here, cannot figure out, was beyond disgusting. Ironic that he was saying that Christina could med-evac herself out of the game, and it was him that needed the doctors to come in.

I figured when they were both told to go to Tribal Council that they were going to merge them. Once Jeff actually said it, my brain started scrambling trying to figure out who is going to stick with what alliances. We didn't see much, if any, strategy from the new Salani tribe, so I really don't know if there are going to be any tight bonds there. Then again it's not like the Manano tribe was very tight. I have a feeling there will be lots of pairs teaming up, and I'd be really surprised if Christina is the first to go as drama queen Colton predicted.

I'm hoping for a final 2 of Kim and Sabrina. It will probably be the lame final 3 format, but I can dream, right?

Vagabond
03-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Odd though if Jeff wouldn't let him, because there's already a precedent for giving an idol to someone on another tribe, involving none other than JT and the player Colton is being compared to most, Russell.

I think you're misinterpreting what he said in the interview to which Prancer linked. It isn't so much that Jeff wouldn't let him give it to Jay as that Jay wasn't there for him to give it to.

Regardless, I find it telling that Colton thought that if he could give it to someone on the other tribe, it would be Jay, not Sabrina, whose decision to give him the HII because she couldn't keep it herself is the sole reason he wasn't voted out on Day 8.

walei
03-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Correct, but I still stand by the point that neither of them won their first time out, and yet both are considered among the greatest players in the game ;)

That's why the fiery diva Sandra is the best player on Survivor. :P

Colton's plan was to vote out Alicia? That makes no sense to me, I think Colton is just saying this now trying to salvage whatever reputation he still has. There was no way Christina was in the know that Colton wanted Alicia gone because in her confessional she was saying how she wants to expose Colton's nasty behavior.

emason
03-23-2012, 01:53 PM
That's why the fiery diva Sandra is the best player on Survivor. :P

My favorite winner ever. Just love that girl.

FiveRinger
03-23-2012, 04:02 PM
In last week's episode Colton said that Christina would be a great goat and that he could bring her to the merge and beyond because no one would vote for her to win.

I think that Alicia is the one with the biggest target on her back at this point. She is a bully and with the exception of Tarzan, no one on Manano has allegience to her. Colton ws just using her. And in her girls' alliance knows she is a nut. They will cut bait at first opportunity. I really hope the sky opens up anf Christina can make a move.

Colton is a weak and insecure weasel who managed to find insecure people to play the game with. He was "King of the Misfits" by default. No one else wanted him. He got rid of all of the players he would never win against because they were LIKEABLE (i.e
Monica and Bill)....a total threat to his game. And because he was on a tribe full of kids who were probably picked last in school they went along. That was his whole strategy: surround himself with supposed losers, people to whom you think are superior, have them in the majority, and get rid of the pretty, popular, jocks one by one. By the time you get to the merge and individual immunity the majority are people who are no threat to you phyically or intellectually because you voted most of them off already.....so you win by default because you are so superior. It was a fool-proof plan. He even got some unplanned perks. The One World concept was tailor made to him. He even got someone from another tribe to give him an idol. He had an alliance in his tribe and another whole tribe alliance. He was a good player because he understood people's weaknesses and exploited them. He related because he had the same insecurities that they did. It reminds me of school.....find someone whose only flaw is that they are weaker than me and just totally terrorize him because it makes me look bad-ass and it creates a target. Remember Lief?

The axis of power has shifted again so the next few episodes will be interesting. I can't wait to see which alliance is dominant post merge and who is forced to work with others against their will.

I am sure that Alicia is at home now waiting on her first unemployment check. She should never be allowed near anyone's children.

Prancer
03-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm not a doctor, but I'm not sure he had appendicitis, I think he might have had a bladder or kidney infection. But I guess in any case, he was sick enough to warrant going home. Nevertheless, glad to see him go.

It turns out he had a severe bacterial infection, probably from something he ate or from the water. He still has his appendix.

His post-boot interviews are just :rolleyes:. He keeps going on about he was just a 20-year-old kid who had never been away from home before. Um, dude, you were a 20-year-old college student who was going to school in another state at the time and you are now a 21-year-old college student going to the same school all of a few months later. What, Survivor aged you? You're all grown up and sophisticated now?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, yes, and he really DOES love his housekeeper. She is one of the family, truly!

Christina has been spotted hanging out with both Colton and Alicia, so whatever went down between them, she doesn't seem to be holding a grudge. We clearly missed something in the editing.

Vagabond
03-23-2012, 08:23 PM
His post-boot interviews are just :rolleyes:. He keeps going on about he was just a 20-year-old kid who had never been away from home before. Um, dude, you were a 20-year-old college student who was going to school in another state at the time and you are now a 21-year-old college student going to the same school all of a few months later.

Really? His Survivor bio (http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/81120/) says his current residence is Monroeville, Alabama, and everything I've seen about his post-secondary education says he is a student at the University of Alabama, which less than three hours' drive from Monroeville.

Sparks
03-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Alicia - although the women know she is a biotch, they may still honor their original alliance and use her as the disliked one to take to the end.

Prancer
03-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Really? His Survivor bio (http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/81120/) says his current residence is Monroeville, Alabama, and everything I've seen about his post-secondary education says he is a student at the University of Alabama, which less than three hours' drive from Monroeville.

Ah? I read that he was at the University of Oklahoma?

If not, then even more so on him having been a 20-year-old kid who'd never been away from home. :rolleyes:

And I don't know that the women don't like Alicia. :shuffle: