PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the new season of Dance Moms?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

julieann
02-24-2012, 04:28 AM
I believe Maddie did continue. The editing was a mess in that sequence, but before she is carried out, she is standing on the side of the gym. And she still placed (one of only a few of Abby's students to do so) despite the fall. If she had stopped dancing, I don't think she would have scored well enough to place.

:eek: Weird

I bet I forwarded through the commercials and missed it. :lol: I'll have to go and re-watch it. Thanks for letting me know, I would have liked to have seen the rest.

danceronice
02-24-2012, 05:42 AM
As a teacher myself (music), I actually agree with most of Abby's teaching method. Okay, I don't scream and curse like she does, but I'm pretty tough on kids. (Probably comes from years of being yelled at by skating coaches lol!) But I have a great bond with all of them.

I believe that most kids are not naturally disciplined or focused (with very rare exceptions). So when there's a young kid with an exceptional talent, the teacher is the one who ends up bringing it out of the kid--or not. Once the talent and discipline merge, it's usually more of a smooth sail.

Many of the FS coaches we most admire are not exactly sweet and gentle with their students.

I agree. I don't know about the screaming (and as noted, there is editing involved) but really she doesn't do anything a lot of skating coaches don't do (and unless they're deliberately NOT showing it, at least she's not screaming about their weight and how fat they all are and do they NEED that ice cream like some skating coaches I could name.)

Karina1974
02-24-2012, 12:40 PM
I agree. I don't know about the screaming (and as noted, there is editing involved) but really she doesn't do anything a lot of skating coaches don't do (and unless they're deliberately NOT showing it, at least she's not screaming about their weight and how fat they all are and do they NEED that ice cream like some skating coaches I could name.)

I HATE the fact that she is always undermining and criticizing the moms right in front of their daughters. She seems to have it in for Nia's mother, more so than the others - it's your mother's fault that you don't have a special part in the group number this week. You have a bone to pick with one of the adults, fine, but do it in private.

danceronice
02-24-2012, 06:40 PM
I HATE the fact that she is always undermining and criticizing the moms right in front of their daughters. She seems to have it in for Nia's mother, more so than the others - it's your mother's fault that you don't have a special part in the group number this week. You have a bone to pick with one of the adults, fine, but do it in private.

Holly needs be taken down about ten pegs. She's clearly got an "I'm better than all of you" attitude that I would just be gunning for in real life. And it ABSOLUTELY was her fault in that case. (Degrees are nothing specially, Holly dear, I have three.) She threw a fit that Nia was being made to be the "bully"? Fine, her daughter can go in the back row, and her daughter should know whose fault it was. Though at least she was also the only one with the breeding to admit to Abby straight-up she was wrong about the guns, and the others just fell in with that.

Except Jill, but Jill's wackadoo. That's the only explanation I've got, unless the producers are paying her to be crazywoman.

FiveRinger
02-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Holly needs be taken down about ten pegs. She's clearly got an "I'm better than all of you" attitude that I would just be gunning for in real life. And it ABSOLUTELY was her fault in that case. (Degrees are nothing specially, Holly dear, I have three.) She threw a fit that Nia was being made to be the "bully"? Fine, her daughter can go in the back row, and her daughter should know whose fault it was. Though at least she was also the only one with the breeding to admit to Abby straight-up she was wrong about the guns, and the others just fell in with that.

Except Jill, but Jill's wackadoo. That's the only explanation I've got, unless the producers are paying her to be crazywoman.

I don't get that perception of Holly at all. I see her as a working mother who has 2 other children and a husband to tend to, and she's said as much. I don't think that she's really referenced her degrees.....that's Abby who keeps referencing Holly's education, not Holly. She is clear that she is a school principal (which doesn't require having a PhD) and that she has other reponsibilities. What I question is the mothers who have absolutely nothing to do but watch their kids in dance class hours upon hours a day. They have nothing better to do than to watch their kids. All of them live in their heads. That is a bigger concern

Smiley0884
02-24-2012, 10:23 PM
I don't get that perception of Holly at all. I see her as a working mother who has 2 other children and a husband to tend to, and she's said as much. I don't think that she's really referenced her degrees.....that's Abby who keeps referencing Holly's education, not Holly. She is clear that she is a school principal (which doesn't require having a PhD) and that she has other reponsibilities. What I question is the mothers who have absolutely nothing to do but watch their kids in dance class hours upon hours a day. They have nothing better to do than to watch their kids. All of them live in their heads. That is a bigger concern

Exactly. My main problem is that Abby needs to take her issues up with Holly in private, and not out on Nia. Although I think Abby did have a point about Holly not being able to attend some of Nia's competitions. Fair enough if she has work related commitments, but why couldn't her Husband or a grand parent fill in?? It's not that Holly specfically needs to be there for every single event/competition, but Nia should have some support from another family member in lieu of Holly's absence.

FiveRinger
02-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Exactly. My main problem is that Abby needs to take her issues up with Holly in private, and not out on Nia. Although I think Abby did have a point about Holly not being able to attend some of Nia's competitions. Fair enough if she has work related commitments, but why couldn't her Husband or a grand parent fill in?? It's not that Holly specfically needs to be there for every single event/competition, but Nia should have some support from another family member in lieu of Holly's absence.

I agree.....every kid should have some support. Maybe her husband tends to their sons' extracurricular activities and she tends to Nia. I don't know....maybe there are no grandparents in the picture. But Abby does need to respect the fact that most women now work, and that Christi, Jill, and Kelly are not the norm. Most moms don't have that kind of time. Hell, most stay-home moms aren't going to spend the hours that they do watching class. But clearly, education is important to Holly since she works in the field. I think that it is good that Nia see that there is more to life than just dancing.

Another question....Christi's other daughter is a year or 2 old. Who is with her? Just curious.

julieann
02-24-2012, 11:32 PM
I agree.....every kid should have some support. Maybe her husband tends to their sons' extracurricular activities and she tends to Nia. I don't know....maybe there are no grandparents in the picture. But Abby does need to respect the fact that most women now work, and that Christi, Jill, and Kelly are not the norm. Most moms don't have that kind of time. Hell, most stay-home moms aren't going to spend the hours that they do watching class. But clearly, education is important to Holly since she works in the field. I think that it is good that Nia see that there is more to life than just dancing.

Kids should have support and Holly is there a lot, but kids have to learn that parent have to pay for it too and can't always be there.

Another question....Christi's other daughter is a year or 2 old. Who is with her? Just curious.

I'm assuming her husband.

Karina1974
02-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Fine, her daughter can go in the back row, and her daughter should know whose fault it was.

It is NOT Abby's job to point that out, especially the way she did it. It was unprofessional in the extreme.

julieann
02-25-2012, 03:10 AM

Some schools do require their principals have a PHD; it all depends on the one she works at.

I work 10 hours a day but at 5:30 the time is for my kid and I can spend all night and all weekend watching him play sports so it's really not all that odd.

I think Abby may be a little jealous of Holly's degrees.

KikiSashaFan
02-25-2012, 03:26 AM
Just saw the ads for the new season, it starts March 8th in Canada :D

Hannahclear
02-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Ok, so the gold outfits with the guns? No biggie, they were obviously very toy-like, not real models of guns.

But those wedding dress costumes in the preview for next week? OMG! Awful!

shan
03-16-2012, 11:59 PM
I kind of felt bad for Abbey this week. (Shocking to say) I thought Holly was out of line for interrupting the rehearsal with her demands. Of course we know it's all staged unless all of the mothers decide to have conversations with Abbey from the encouragement of the other mothers. :lol:

I am curious as to who is suing who on next week's episode.

danceronice
03-17-2012, 12:17 AM
I kind of felt bad for Abbey this week. (Shocking to say) I thought Holly was out of line for interrupting the rehearsal with her demands. Of course we know it's all staged unless all of the mothers decide to have conversations with Abbey from the encouragement of the other mothers. :lol:

I have to wonder if the timing was the suggestion of the producers, because while I think Holly can be a snob, she's usually not the insane stage mother. She REALLY shot her daughter in the foot herself on that (I mean, seriously, who else was Abby going to use as the swing for the trio?)

And I was catching up with last week's as well, and day-um, Jill is a PSYCHO. I mean, seriously, either she is acting or she is off her meds. And anyone think that the Dance Moms producers had a lot more to do with her daughter dancing for the Globetrotters than Cathy Candy Apple?

shan
03-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Yeah, Jill's daughter getting a Globetrotter Performance seemed kind of random.
Jill and Cathy should get along very well as they are both OTT crazy... :scream: