PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the new season of Dance Moms?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

skatemommy
01-25-2012, 10:14 PM
I love this show! My husband thinks I'm nuts. New routines the week before a competition is just SO riduculous (but I can't look away...:P)

Cachoo
01-25-2012, 10:57 PM
I wish for more dance,less moms. It seems to be turning into a housewives of whateva show. I like to see kids dance (except poor viv, who hates it) .

Me too: I'm not even sure why the Moms are allowed in the studio. Abby seems under control and doesn't yell nearly as much when she is just working with her students. But Abby cannot control her temper with the mothers and vice versa. The children seem more mature than the adults. And ita about Viv---she was not a winner in the mom sweepstakes. Poor kid.

danceronice
01-25-2012, 11:34 PM
I thought that one reason they trounced Candy Apples so badly was (besides that the latter were CLEARLY too old for that age division) was that without Brooke and the peanut (that's said with affection; Mckenzie was adorable in her solo and she's so cute on her own) the group number looked really cohesive.

I have actually liked Chloe better than Maddy as far as expression goes all along--Maddy ALWAYS has the same pouty-lipped smile for every routine and here, it was clearly not her favorite style so it showed more.

And while I do think it was rather nasty to wait until the last minute (to the point I am tempted to call 'producer interference') for Brooke to say she wasn't going, I think she's probably better off. Yeah, she's a talented dancer, but that doesn't mean she has to stick with it if she's really not into it. And I have to admit if I were a cheer coach I'd be thrilled to get someone who's that flexible and good at tumbling.

Cachoo
01-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Even if Brooke took a few years off to have a teenaged life couldn't she start dancing again?

danceronice
01-26-2012, 03:16 AM
Even if Brooke took a few years off to have a teenaged life couldn't she start dancing again?

I would think for this kind it wouldn't be too bad, if she wanted to do stuff like audition for shows later, though I would think the expiration date on these sorts of competitions is pretty young. If she wants a serious CAREER, or to audition for college dance programs, wouldn't that be like a thirteen-year-old ladies' single skater taking a few years off to do teen stuff? OTOH, even if she's not on the traveling team, I would think it could only benefit her cheerleading if she kept up with some dance lessons.

kwanatic
01-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Me too: I'm not even sure why the Moms are allowed in the studio. Abby seems under control and doesn't yell nearly as much when she is just working with her students. But Abby cannot control her temper with the mothers and vice versa. The children seem more mature than the adults. And ita about Viv---she was not a winner in the mom sweepstakes. Poor kid.

The moms cause all of the drama. The girls are very sweet and supportive of each other. It's the moms that make it dirty. Chloe's and Maddie's mom arguing, Brooke and Paige's mom complaining, Nia's mom whining...they are the drama. And don't even get me started on Kathy! Like Chloe's mom said, Kathy is the geriatric version of a mean girl.

But the show is called Dance Moms...it's about them and their drama. But I agree, the girls are much more mature than their mothers.

I'd love to see a show called Ice Moms. I heard a rumor they were auditioning for that a while back. Is that ever going to happen?

icecat
01-26-2012, 06:23 PM
In the US, it would have to be about ISI moms so they could be delusional about the "world championships" and have a competition every week.
Could be funny though.

AliasJohnDoe
01-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Lifetime's "Dance Moms" does well and reaches series high in key demo ratings:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/01/25/lifetimes-dance-moms-and-americas-supernanny-reach-series-highs-in-key-demos/117664/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumb ers%29

Cachoo
01-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Lifetime's "Dance Moms" does well and reaches series high in key demo ratings:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/01/25/lifetimes-dance-moms-and-americas-supernanny-reach-series-highs-in-key-demos/117664/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumb ers%29

I think it is a train wreck like Toddlers/Tiara's except the girls actually have some talent.

danceronice
01-26-2012, 09:19 PM
I think it is a train wreck like Toddlers/Tiara's except the girls actually have some talent.

And the moms are moderately to extremely less delusional...

agalisgv
01-26-2012, 10:29 PM
I'd love to see a show called Ice Moms. I heard a rumor they were auditioning for that a while back. Is that ever going to happen? Apparently so (posted in GSD):
The network and Dance Moms producer Collins Avenue are developing Ice Moms, a new docuseries about the world of competitive figure skating. It will center on the Dearborn, Mich.-based figure skating coaching duo of Laurie Vigilante and Adam Schmidt, who dutifully rule the rink and train their students who aspire to become champion skaters. “We’ve conquered the world of competitive dance with our hit Dance Moms and have great plans to expand the franchise to Miami,” said Lifetime’s EVP Rob Sharenow. “Now, we’re bringing the format to the intensely competitive world of figure skating and revealing the explosive dynamic between the kids, parents and coaches who all want to be the best.”

http://m.deadline.com/2012/01/lifetime-expands-dance-moms-franchise-to-figure-skating/

skatemommy
01-26-2012, 11:22 PM
^ me thinks the DSC, Canton, Artic stories would be for more interesting and less scripted...

danceronice
01-27-2012, 02:53 AM
^ me thinks the DSC, Canton, Artic stories would be for more interesting and less scripted...

Possibly they have no interest in blowing training time on being on a reality show?

FiveRinger
02-03-2012, 05:05 AM
I just caught up on watching my secret pleasure.....

These moms are atrocious....I didn't think it got worse than Christi and Kelly, but Jill and Leslie are too much to be believed. It's absolutely ridiculous for Peyton to even be dancing with these little girls, why her mother wants her with them so badly I don't understand.

One other question....if Kendall is replacing Vivi and they got Peyton to replace Brooke, why are they all fighting? Seems like there's enough room for everybody, unless Brooke decides she wants to come back, which is what looks like is the case from next week's previews. I can't wait to see how all of this shakes out!:watch:

shan
02-04-2012, 01:07 AM
:yikes: at the new moms. I guess Lifetime was trying to ramp up the :drama:

I'm irrationally irked by the way some of them pronounce the "t" in Peyton...