PDA

View Full Version : Betty White's 90th Birthday Celebration

Pages : 1 [2]

Seerek
01-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Looks like quite a few people tuned in too:

NBC scores too with Betty White specials; CBS tops (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118048736)

At NBC on Monday, the 90-minute special "Betty White's 90th Birthday: A Tribute to America's Golden Girl'' averaged a prelim 2.7 rating/7 share in adults 18-49 and 13.9 million viewers overall, placing third in demos and first in total viewers; in fact, it was the most-watched program on the night and provided the Peacock with its largest audience from 8 to 9:30 p.m. on a Monday (excluding the Olympics) since February 2008. That audience mostly stuck around at 9:30 p.m. for the preview episode of hidden-camera series "Betty White's Off Their Rockers'' (prelim 2.6/6 in 18-49, 12.2 million).

AragornElessar
01-19-2012, 06:48 AM
I thought it was excellent. So funny and so nice to see all the old comedians!!

Aside -- Was anyone else shocked to see Mary Tyler Moore? They would not bring the camera in close on her and I thought her vision was definitely not good. Very sad to see.

We were wondering if Mary hadn't suffered a stroke recently/last couple of years by her way of speaking. I also noticed her right (?) eye looked bloody looking. Both Mom and I also knowing she's Type 1, we put two and two together and came up w/just feeling so sad to see Mary looking so fragile the other night.

So happy the Production Team shot Mary in the best way they could and in turn, letting Mary have her dignity. Still so sad to see Mary looking in such poor health on Monday though. :(