PDA

View Full Version : Golden Globe Red Carpet and Ceremony

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

sweetsparky
01-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Wheeee for Idris :swoon: Elba :cheer2: Luther second season just started here :cool: although I never knew it was a "miniserie", neither Downton Abbey :shuffle:

And Peter Dinklage :cheer2: won another award for Game of Thrones.

And Almodóvar didn´t win (thankfully cause his last movie is one of his weakest .)

rjblue
01-16-2012, 01:26 PM
:lol: I'm one of the "was robbed", but I thought 'Game of Thrones' should have won for best drama. It was freaking epic, stayed pretty true to the book and was a visual joy and an acting marvel. I'm sure 'Homeland' is worthy. It could win some other year. I've seen them both, and I agree that Game of Thrones would win if the category were "epic" drama. It has a great ensemble cast and is telling a huge story extremely well.

But Homeland was/is such an intimate look into two people's lives, and at the same time a story where you never know what twist is going to happen next. I'd give it the awards it got, and more.

orbitz
01-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Hellen Mirren is a definite G.I.L.F. (or is it GG.I.L.F) :lol: She's absolutely gorgeous.

flyingsit
01-16-2012, 02:24 PM
I loved Laura Dern's green sparkly dress, and thought Felicity Huffman looked spectacular. Hair, makeup, dress, all of it was an A+. Angelilna Jolie's dress was great but her lipstick was way. too. red.

Overall I am not a fan of the mermaid gowns, I don't think they are especially flattering on anyone.

Beefcake
01-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Didn't watch, but stopping by to say ...

:cheer: Jessica Lange! Anyone who doesn't recognize the genius of that role and of her performance of it is a moron. Legendary.

:cheer2: Meryl Streep! Oscar is still a three-woman race. Gonna be exciting up until the Best Actress envelope opens next month.

:watch: Madge winning Best Song after Sir Elton Drama Queen sniped pre-show that she has "no fcuking chance". Or course she was going to win ... she was nominated and she attended -- no way do they not give her the win.

:eek: OMG, Angelina Jolie was perfection. :glamor: Best dressed/best coiffed/best made up of the year ... hell, best of the decade.

Aceon6
01-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Fashion Police tonite on E!. Don't forget to mute Joan <g>. I'm rooting for Dame Helen for best dressed.

Vash01
01-16-2012, 05:18 PM
I just have to say this- Angelina Jolie is an incredibly beautiful woman.

Vash01
01-16-2012, 05:23 PM
SAG Awards are coming up in a couple of weeks....that should make best actress clearer.

Not always. Couple years ago Streep won the SAG for best actress, but Kate Winslet won the Oscar. In recent years SAG has not been as reliable a predictor as it was in the past. Last year's awards were very predictable and consistent across the board, with the same actors/actresses winning awards from different groups. This year there is less predictability, with so many great performances in both men and women roles.

Jimena
01-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Fashion Police tonite on E!. Don't forget to mute Joan <g>. I'm rooting for Dame Helen for best dressed.

I don't know how they would dare criticize anyone. Kelly was the worst last night. Terrible dress. Horrible hair. And Giuliana didn't look great either.

I loved Angelina and was very surprised to see her criticized in quite a few places. I thought she knocked it out of the park. Same with Sofia Vergara, Viola Davis, Emma Stone, Nicole Kidman, Jane Fonda and Helen Mirren.

I also thought Octavia Spencer looked lovely.

flyingsit
01-16-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't know how they would dare criticize anyone. Kelly was the worst last night. Terrible dress. Horrible hair. And Giuliana didn't look great either.

Honestly I've never seen Giuliana Rancic look better than awful. Way too much spray tan, makeup entirely too heavy, not to mention that she is a complete lollipop.

dbell1
01-16-2012, 07:40 PM
I'll give Giuliana a pass this year. She just had a double mastectomy last month. Given that she went back to work in 3 weeks, the woman can do on wrong in my book. Next year, I'll pick on her. :shuffle:

Nicole Kidman looked amazing last night. Best arm candy winner for me too, I :swoon: over Keith Urban. She looks so much happier these days. :)

And Kelly Osborne - if you're going to be a 'fashion critic', dress better. :rolleyes:

Rob
01-16-2012, 08:10 PM
The ~fashion world~ has been trying to make the youthful ironic gray hair thing work for the past year. Good try, Kelly, but NO.

I don't get this look at all.

orbitz
01-16-2012, 10:26 PM
Nicole Kidman looked amazing last night. Best arm candy winner for me too, I :swoon: over Keith Urban. She looks so much happier these days. :)

Nicole's face is still way too Botoxed. It looks scarily plastic in the pictures.

I just have to say this- Angelina Jolie is an incredibly beautiful woman.

I agree. I would like her to look more healthy, weight-wise though. She seems really skinny on the arms. I also would like to see her smile more often on the red-carpet to soften her up; In some of the pictures where she wasn't smiling, she looked like she could freeze you into a statue with her icy stares, :lol:

Jenny
01-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Nicole's face is still way too Botoxed. It looks scarily plastic in the pictures.

I thought she had recently fessed up to using it in the past, and being glad it's behind her. I thought she looked back to her old self last night, and the dress was fabulous: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/nicole-kidman-i-dont-drink-and-im-boring-2012161

Other highlights for me - dress wise - were Charlize, one of Angelina's best looks ever, and Jane Fonda - 74 years old!

VALuvsMKwan
01-16-2012, 10:48 PM
...Jane Fonda - 74 years old!

Jane is now the same age that Katharine Hepburn was when "On Golden Pond" was released. :eek: Time flies...