PDA

View Full Version : Golden Globe Red Carpet and Ceremony

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28

dbell1
01-16-2012, 05:08 AM
:lol: I'm one of the "was robbed", but I thought 'Game of Thrones' should have won for best drama. It was freaking epic, stayed pretty true to the book and was a visual joy and an acting marvel. I'm sure 'Homeland' is worthy. It could win some other year.

Anyone want to take bets on Clooney having new arm candy next year? His women seem to last 1 -2 years tops and then get curbed.

IceAlisa
01-16-2012, 05:10 AM
Natalie Portman in an off center box. She looks sideways pregnant.

Where's the baby daddy?

masofs
01-16-2012, 05:10 AM
Meryl Streep is probably my favorite actress ever but I don't want her to win the Oscar this time and I really don't think she deserves it. She was good in that film but Michelle Williams, Viola Davis, Rooney Mara and Mia Wasikowska deserve it more IMO. Her two wins were well deserved and I think she deserved more two (Silkwood and Adaptation) but some of her noms have been downright ridiculous IMHO. But I do think she will win her third.

VIETgrlTerifa
01-16-2012, 05:17 AM
The thing with the Golden Globes that's opposite of the Emmys is that they always seem to go out of their way to award new shows then drop them like a bar of soap in a year or so with a few exceptions no matter what the quality. That's why when I see a new hit show with a lot of buzz getting a Globe nomination, I can count on it to have a good chance of winning.

reckless
01-16-2012, 06:30 AM
Natalie Portman in an off center box. She looks sideways pregnant.

I don't get that dress at all. I saw her last week at a restaurant and she looked amazing in a fairly simple sheath dress. That was far more attractive than what she was wearing tonight.

Vash01
01-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Watch Blue valentine and than My week with marilyn the range is astonishing Meryl was just reprising her julia child role and iron lady sucked.

Michelle Williams has range but Meryl Streep just reprised a previous role:rolleyes:? I don't know what you are smoking. Nothing against Williams but do you really have to put down the greatest actress ever who has demonstrated her astonishing range over 30 years?

Vash01
01-16-2012, 07:02 AM
SAG Awards are coming up in a couple of weeks....that should make best actress clearer.

The Globes split up the awards into Comedy/musical and Drama. So I don't use them to predict the Oscar winners. For example, putting 'Marilyn' in the comedy category was ridiculous. It should have been in the drama category. SAG and Oscar could pick Williams over Streep/Swinton/Close/Mara/Davis, just like they picked Paltrow over Blanchett years ago.

Same with the BP. With Artist and Descendants in two different categories, it's difficult to predict anything.

I would rather see the Globes increase the number of nominees in each major category (actress/actor/BP) and pick one winner. Of course the split categories make more people happy.

Domshabfan
01-16-2012, 07:03 AM
She is a great actress but many have criticised Meryl performance as anything like Margret Thacher. This criticism has come from people who knew Thacher very well.

And very well done from the Iranian (persian) movie for winning the best foreign language movie.

IceAlisa
01-16-2012, 07:22 AM
I think Fashion Police people were right. Somewhere out there is a group of stylists drinking apple martinis and laughing their asses off at what they got some celebs to wear.

Jayar
01-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Madonna won for Evita. To give Madonna her due, it was a solid performance, and she never sang better as she did in that movie. It was not, however, anywhere near major award caliber.

Your opinion. I happen to believe it was.

Vash01
01-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Meryl was good but other actresses could have done an equally good job namely Helen Mirren, Michelle was just better and had the more challenging role.

In what way was it more challenging to play a deceased actress vs. a living politician? They both are tough roles. How do you know that other actresses could have done an equally good job? How do you know that no other actress would have done an equally good job as Williams? Your Streep hatred is really showing through by comments like this one.

Japanfan
01-16-2012, 12:07 PM
The problem I have with Meryl is that she does the same mannerisms in almost all of her roles, the way her body moves, her eyes shift, etc.

I agree, but not in 'Iron Lady'. She really does change her gestures and way of moving. She's an elderly Thatcher for much of the film and you really have to take a good look to realize that it is actually Streep playing the character.

And her accent isn't perfect, but it's pretty good - good enough that it's not a distraction.

RomyNL
01-16-2012, 12:55 PM
My problem is that The Iron Lady is IMO such a mediocre movie totally aimed at being just a Streep's vehicle and not giving anything to do to the rest of the cast, that I feel it's a pity something like this gets awarded, gets a lot of publicity just because they managed to get Meryl Streep onboard

joeperryfan
01-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Count me in as one who hasn't seen any of the performances :D but I like to be informed.

Wow, I was checking the red carpet pics and thought, "who is this girlie?", it was Madeleine Stowe at 53, she looks really young! The only thing keeping women from looking even younger is the body skin appearance, I hope they find a "cure" for that too.

Is there actual evidence of Fassbender's attributes? Just wondering... Apparently Heidelberg is the german spot for good looking man ;)

oleada
01-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Looking at photos from last night (http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/2012-red-carpet-report-card-1326691781-slideshow/heidi-klum-photo-1326691741.html;_ylt=AqX.BcRvArGgW_dw_RIoELWSwBx.; _ylu=X3oDMTNyaGYxNTRyBHBrZwNhZGE0MGU3YS0xNjM5LTM0M jUtODk0NS1jMjk0YmEyNmIyNjcEcG9zAzU5BHNlYwNNZWRpYUN hcm91c2VsUGhvdG9HYWxsZXJ5Q0FYSFIEdmVyA2ZhNjZlOGQ2L TQwMTEtMTFlMS04NzM5LTdiNDA1NGNjNTI2YQ--;_ylv=3), I think that Sofia Vergara, Angelina, Emma Stone, Claire Danes & Sarah Hyland were some of my favorite looks. Mila Kunis looked nice too, but I'm biased as she is my girl crush. I like Diana Agron's dress, but part of me think I'd look better if the skirt was short. Octavia Spencer & Paula Patton looked very good too.

However, best dressed has to go to Uggie the dog from The Artist (http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/2012-red-carpet-report-card-1326691781-slideshow/uggie-photo-1326700449.html;_ylt=AultHAe2jE4nbnhkLCtEo1.SwBx.; _ylu=X3oDMTNybmw5ZTBrBHBrZwMyYTdhNDVkZC04YjUwLTM0N TQtYmEzNS1kMWQxYzZhYzY0NWEEcG9zAzI0BHNlYwNNZWRpYUN hcm91c2VsUGhvdG9HYWxsZXJ5Q0FYSFIEdmVyAzU2MzRjMDU2L TQwMTgtMTFlMS04NjBhLTc4ZTdkMTVlNTE2MA--;_ylv=3). You can't beat a dog in a bow tie.