PDA

View Full Version : Miss America

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

nubka
01-15-2012, 09:55 PM
IMHO Miss Oklahoma wuzrobbed.

The only reason why I can think that Miss Oklahoma didn't win was either that she looks quite short, or that she was the "people's choice" semi-finalist and the Miss America brass don't want their pageant to turn into American Idol or DWTS, where the public picks the winner.

:blocjudge:blocjudge:blocjudge:blocjudge...

I respectfully disagree. :)

Civic
01-16-2012, 01:18 AM
Good article, with more details about the new Miss America:
http://www.wisn.com/r/30215830/detail.html

Has a Miss Wisconsin ever won the Miss America pageant before?

overedge
01-16-2012, 01:40 AM
Has a Miss Wisconsin ever won the Miss America pageant before?

Terry Anne Meeuwsen in 1973. I think she is a Christian singer now (on the 700 Club show?)

Ziggy
01-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Overedge I don't want to shock you into katatonia but the winner isn't really based on her talents and her answers. ;)

Holley Calmes
01-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Having known a few dancers who participated in the Miss America pagent system, I can tell you they love love love someone to dance en pointe, but they certainly don't have the surface nor the space to do it properly. My daughter's friend won the Miss Georgia pagent's talent comp having to dance on a slippery and tiny surface. It's ludicrous. No one should ever dance in pointe shoes on anything but Marley and a sprung floor, although they do. No matter how good you might be, dancing without the space and surface can never adequately show anyone's true abilities. Then again, this is the Miss America pagent we're talking about....some of the "talent" I've seen in smaller pagents feeding into the MA system would make hilarious reality show fodder. I don't mean to make fun of these kids, but doesn't anyone have any standards?

Vash01
01-16-2012, 05:38 PM
I did not get to watch but happy to hear that Wisconsin won. I lived in Wisconsin couple of years - that was long ago, but I still have warm feelings toward that state.

overedge
01-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Overedge I don't want to shock you into katatonia but the winner isn't really based on her talents and her answers. ;)

:wuzrobbed: Don't destroy my illusions :wuzrobbed:

Ziggy
01-16-2012, 07:13 PM
So does the new Miss America think that evolution should be taught in schools? :D

overedge
01-16-2012, 07:17 PM
So does the new Miss America think that evolution should be taught in schools? :D

Dammit, Ziggy, didn't you pay attention to her answer to the big question? She thinks Miss America should equally represent everyone of all views. So I am sure she believes evolution should be taught as long as the lessons also include creationism, intelligent design, Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc. etc. :P

Ziggy
01-16-2012, 09:42 PM
There's very few things worse than people who don't have an opinion.