PDA

View Full Version : Miss America

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

overedge
01-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Well, don't you find it slightly odd that the contestant whose platform was loving yourself as you are totallly trashed her hair with chlorox and perms to the point that her hair fell out so that she'd have to wear a WIG for 15 months?!?! You probably do not recall I'm sure that Miss DE last year suffered from alopecia, translation she had NO hair.

Actually, yes, I do remember this. But it's irrelevant as to why the current Miss America wears a wig.

And as PDilemma is trying to point out, her platform was "eating disorders: a generation at risk", not "loving yourself as you are".

Louise
01-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Wow...you all really missed my point. Which was, essentially, that her platform was not what Louise claimed it was. :wall:

Chill. Her "Platform" was "Eating Disorders and Body Image" where she constantly spoke about learning to love yourself as you are.

I was not incorrect. Stop being so obtuse.

overedge
01-15-2012, 01:50 AM
Chill. Her "Platform" was "Eating Disorders and Body Image" where she constantly spoke about learning to love yourself as you are.

I was not incorrect. Stop being so obtuse.

Do you see the words "body image" in the title of her platform on the Miss America website? They aren't there. So stop trying to twist reality to suit your argument.

Allen
01-15-2012, 02:13 AM
Um, the dance routine on top of the Hoover Damn was both :scream: and :rofl:!

And what's up with doing the introductions out of alphabetical order?!?

HeatherC
01-15-2012, 02:17 AM
Um, the dance routine on top of the Hoover Damn was both :scream: and :rofl:!

And what's up with doing the introductions out of alphabetical order?!?

Yeah, that out of order thing totally threw me off too. :eek:

I can't stand either host of this pageant so I have no idea how long I'll last watching this tonight. :scream:

shan
01-15-2012, 02:30 AM
I'm not watching, is Chris Harrison one of the hosts?

HeatherC
01-15-2012, 02:39 AM
I'm not watching, is Chris Harrison one of the hosts?

Yes, he's one of the hosts.

HeatherC
01-15-2012, 02:41 AM
This show not only has annoying hosts, they're playing or singing every single annoying song on the radio right now. :yikes: :scream:

Mad props to the semi-finalist who lost over 100 lbs! :respec:

Allen
01-15-2012, 02:43 AM
:

Mad props to the semi-finalist who lost over 100 lbs! :respec:

I'm rooting for her big time! What a train wreck, but I can't look away. I love that the South dominated the semi finals ;)

shan
01-15-2012, 02:45 AM
Who's in?

HeatherC
01-15-2012, 02:56 AM
Are they all lined up behind the girl who lost the weight??! I wish I could remember which state she was from right now but if so, that's awesome! :respec:

Allen
01-15-2012, 03:06 AM
Are they all lined up behind the girl who lost the weight??! I wish I could remember which state she was from right now but if so, that's awesome! :respec:

No, she had already qualified. She's from SC.

HeatherC
01-15-2012, 03:12 AM
No, she had already qualified. She's from SC.

Ah, thanks. :D

Most of those dresses were beautiful but what did that last girl have on her shoulder? I think it was staring at me. :eek:

Allen
01-15-2012, 03:16 AM
Um, both of these dance numbers have been pretty :scream:

shan
01-15-2012, 03:18 AM
Has there been a talent competition?