PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting this particular controversy

Pages : 1 2 [3]

gk_891
01-17-2012, 07:10 PM
K&P also had a dreadful FD in 88 IMO (Beatles muzak) and most years in that quad. The only FD I liked from that era was their Hungarian Rhapsody, which was in either 86 or 87. It was a shame because they had some wonderful exhibition programs from that time, so it wasn't like they weren't capable of good programs. I felt like they started to really hit their stride in 89 with their Mack the Knife program, which was dance-y without being as generic as their 85-88 programs.

A lot of people disliked that FD but technically, it had far superiour content to that of B&B but they performed it to absolute clinical perfection. K&P were masters at making the difficult look easy while B&B tried very hard to make the easy look difficult.

briancoogaert
01-17-2012, 08:45 PM
I thought Klimova & Ponomarenko's killian was better. They skated closer together, had more fluid handholds, and smoother edges.
:confused: I think it can't be more fluid than B&B.
IMO, K&P's pattern is not as good (although the pattern of this dance changed a lot, I prefer the perfect outside-inside before the choctaw of B&B). Marina doesn't have her knees perfectly placed for the inside edge, compared to Natalia Bestemianova. And the rhythm is more difficult to count with K&P, IMO.
Really, B&B are perfect on the killian. Perfect. ;)

Aussie Willy
01-17-2012, 09:36 PM
My favourite K&P FD was their My Fair Lady FD.