PDA

View Full Version : Mao Asada's book won't be released

Pages : [1] 2

MINAM
01-12-2012, 08:50 AM
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20120112-00000016-rbb-ent

According to the article, Mao Asada's message book (wonder what that means?) "Daijobu, kitto ashita wa dekiru(It's going to be alright, you'll be able to do it tomorrow)" will not be released.

The book was scheduled to be on sale on Feb. 8th. However, Asada and the publisher both announced on their websites that the book will not be released.

Asada's statement: (rough translation)
This book was planned to be a message to you through my skating career and we have been working on this for more than an year. However, because the way it was being promoted was not what I had in mind, I have decided to not release this book. I deeply apologize for the people who were looking forward to reading it and I ask for your kind understanding.

skateboy
01-12-2012, 08:58 AM
How was the book being promoted?

aemeraldrainc
01-12-2012, 02:18 PM
????
Interesting, I wonder what she means exactly.

snoopysnake
01-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Perhaps it involved personal appearances that would interfere with her preparation for Worlds, and/or be difficult for her now that she's mourning the loss of her mother.

Hugs to Mao.

skatesindreams
01-12-2012, 03:14 PM
I hope that the book will be released eventually.

love_skate2011
01-12-2012, 04:06 PM
thats unfortunate :(

but Im curious too what Mao meant
maybe it took too much of her private time/life ?
but I still respect her decision

midori
01-12-2012, 04:12 PM
The promotion was as if the book was about her mourning over her mother, even though apparently it is not.

I have seen the book's advertisement, just saying "Thank you, Mother." It gave me an impression that they were trying to sell the book by using her loss.

Iceman
01-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Good to see someone won't cater to the bad taste of some publishers.

loulou
01-12-2012, 06:10 PM
Good to see someone won't cater to the bad taste of some publishers.

When I read this my thoughts were: "Nice to see someone giving up money (possibly having to fight not to pay for breaking a contract) over principles".

-- Even though not so much nice the book loss for us fans.

Asada really sets herself apart when it comes to handling life.

Jarrett
01-12-2012, 07:09 PM
The promotion was as if the book was about her mourning over her mother, even though apparently it is not.

I have seen the book's advertisement, just saying "Thank you, Mother." It gave me an impression that they were trying to sell the book by using her loss.

Thanks for the info! Mao classy as ever. I'm glad she didn't stand for that.

floskate
01-13-2012, 06:16 PM
:cheer: Mao for standing up for her principles and not allowing these people to make money on the back of her Mother's untimely death. Absolutely the right thing to do. She really has grown up to become a very single minded young lady :respec:

Maofan7
01-13-2012, 06:24 PM
:cheer: Mao for standing up for her principles and not allowing these people to make money on the back of her Mother's untimely death. Absolutely the right thing to do. She really has grown up to become a very single minded young lady :respec:

Completely agree

skatingfanfun
01-13-2012, 07:02 PM
thumb up for Mao! I love her even more.

Amy03
01-14-2012, 11:55 PM
I find it really amazing how she stood up to her principles and didn't just ignore it, like most others would...I hope that the book will be released eventuelly cause, I have heard that Mao herself has written some essay's which I would lovee to read! and i totally agree with Mao's decision, cause to promote the book in a way the author didn't want it is just plain wrong... hope the book doesn't go to waste and that Mao finds herself a new publisher and releases it for the fans!

Cherub721
01-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Mao is awesome. :respec: