PDA

View Full Version : Alissa Ready to Rumble in San Jose

Pages : [1] 2 3

halfloopy
01-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Alissa seems to have her game on for Nationals, and is healthy again.

You go Girl!

http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archive/features/Czisny%2010Jun2012.htm

smarts1
01-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Who wrote that article?.... Because there are like 20 typos in that thing.

Anyways, so we've heard of Czisny... Where's a Mirai interview?!?!?!

fenway2
01-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Who wrote that article?.... Because there are like 20 typos in that thing.!:lol: It was a chore to read. :shuffle: A little proofreading never hurt anyone.

halfloopy
01-11-2012, 08:15 PM
I could only find one.

IceAlisa
01-11-2012, 08:16 PM
If she had a sprained ankle at GPF, would it have been legal to inject her ankle with lidocaine or some other local anesthetic? Is that allowed?

Iceman
01-11-2012, 08:21 PM

Anyways, so we've heard of Czisny... Where's a Mirai interview?!?!?!

said copyright belonged to George Rossano

UMBS Go Blue
01-11-2012, 08:24 PM

:lol: It was a chore to read. :shuffle: A little proofreading never hurt anyone.EYS. I like the fact that the article had mostly quotes, and it's always good to hear something upbeat about Alissa, but, yes, a little proofreading never hurts.

I could only find one.:eek:

kwanatic
01-11-2012, 08:34 PM
About a dozen typos, but a nice article.

I'm not particularly confident in Alissa as a skater. This year she seems really shaky again, so I'm not feeling too good about her repeating. BUT I do think that the judges will do all they can to get her a spot on that team. Alissa, despite her mistakes, scores well with the international judges because they really like her and that will work to her advantage at worlds.

If she skates her SP cleanly, she'll probably end up with a big lead heading into the LP. How she'll hold up is anyone's guess at this point, but I do want to see her skate at least halfway decently (especially if she's awarded one of those spots!).

I could only find one.

:slinkaway

halfloopy
01-11-2012, 08:42 PM
About a dozen typos, but a nice article.

I'm not particularly confident in Alissa as a skater. This year she seems really shaky again, so I'm not feeling too good about her repeating. BUT I do think that the judges will do all they can to get her a spot on that team. Alissa, despite her mistakes, scores well with the international judges because they really like her and that will work to her advantage at worlds.

If she skates her SP cleanly, she'll probably end up with a big lead heading into the LP. How she'll hold up is anyone's guess at this point, but I do want to see her skate at least halfway decently (especially if she's awarded one of those spots!).

:slinkaway

Maybe the board should be englishgrammaruniverse.net!

But anyway, I hope the confidence is real, and not just talking a good game.

Marco
01-12-2012, 04:13 AM
Sounds like no more 3/3 or 3sal for Nationals. Probably a good strategy on her part to lower the content but aim for going clean.

Is the 2axel3toe a good idea for her though? She never had the best 2axels.

BigB08822
01-12-2012, 04:29 AM
The 3/3 was always a silly idea. She was never going to do it cleanly to warrant the huge risk, IMO. Her 3sal is probably within reach but I don't go to her practices. She needs to focus on maximizing her points, though. 2 lutzes, 2 flips a loop and a toe would be very competitive if she goes clean. She usually repeats the loop but that should be good enough although it could be the difference maker.

aftershocks
01-12-2012, 04:41 AM
A nice interview with Alissa! Seems like it is a transcription from an audio tape. I heard that Alissa was injured during GP final, but I didn't know much about the details. Kudos to her for still deciding to go out there and skate (after hearing from her doctor that it wouldn't cause further damage to her foot).

Interesting comments from Alissa regarding her coaches, her training, and how she is reworking her programs. I love her comments about competing for the first time at 2002 senior Nationals and watching Michelle Kwan's skate.

Good luck to Alissa at Nationals.

(btw, :lol: re the thread title. Do ladies figure skaters "rumble" like Ali and Frazier?)

nubka
01-12-2012, 05:28 AM
I hope she does really well in San Jose. I just get so nervous for her though, the way I did when watching Sasha skate... :(

Marco
01-12-2012, 06:33 AM
2 lutzes, 2 flips a loop and a toe would be very competitive if she goes clean. She usually repeats the loop but that should be good enough although it could be the difference maker.

Except she will likely get an "e" call for the flip, and her flip is generally less consistent than her loop.

olympic
01-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Sounds like no more 3/3 or 3sal for Nationals. Probably a good strategy on her part to lower the content but aim for going clean.

Is the 2axel3toe a good idea for her though? She never had the best 2axels.

I think it can be if she's on top of her game. She reportedly was doing good 3t-3t in practices, so a 2x-3t wouldn't be too much of a stretch