PDA

View Full Version : US Ladies [#3]: 2011-12 news, musings & everything else

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Nomad
03-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Based on the fact that Ashley was the most consistent US skater this year. She hasn't bombed. She has improved a significant amount this year since being with Nicks- both artistically and technically. The USFSA sees and recognizes this. The USFSA realizes that she's our best bet to secure 3 spots for next year. 4CC proves that they were right. Ashley is riding on a high from Nationals and 4CC, her jumps are pretty solid and she's gaining international cred- I think she'll do well at worlds this year.

I get what you're saying but I'm still not convinced that the judges made up their minds beforehand.

demetriosj
03-11-2012, 10:13 PM
I seem to remember that there was no way Alissa would keep up with Mirai, Caroline, and Rachael. And then there was no way that she'd keep up with Agnes. I'm not an Alissa fan at all, but you'd think that people would learn that this logic seldom works.

When Alissa places well, it's because others mess up....

She has just stayed in the game so long, waiting for various up and comers over the past 10 years, not just the few named above, to have problems with injuries and/or growth spurts...........

Kind of like winning by default or by hanging in there, which I guess has some merits.....

I will give you that she is gorgeous and has nice spirals and spins. But her jumps have NEV ER been consistent, nor has she ever had proper technique in her jumps....

Nomad
03-11-2012, 10:18 PM
When Alissa places well, it's because others mess up ...

Ummm, yeah, Alissa and everyone else who makes a podium. :lol:

demetriosj
03-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Ummm, yeah, Alissa and everyone else who makes a podium. :lol:

not necessarily..

Karpenko
03-11-2012, 11:43 PM
If there's ever a time to prove yourself it's now Alissa. And if you pull a Rachel Flatt, all of the work you've done over the past 2 years to turn your career around will be gone.

I feel for her but she really needs to deliver. No ifs, ands, or tentative and nervous butts. She needs to figure out whats going on in this 2 week span and make the best decisions to make sure she can deliver. It's now or never for her, she really has a way of making you hold your breath and wishing for a miracle..

I hope she does well, she deserves a great Worlds after how hard she's work and how far she's come. However, this 3 spots thing is getting obnoxious and if she truly doesn't feel like she can give a performance 3 times better than what she just gave at this recent competition at Worlds by next week (which honestly, has to be an injury I cant believe it went that badly), I hope she does the right thing at let's Agnes (too bad its not Caroline) take her place.

nyskater09
03-12-2012, 12:28 AM
I seem to remember that there was no way Alissa would keep up with Mirai, Caroline, and Rachael. And then there was no way that she'd keep up with Agnes. I'm not an Alissa fan at all, but you'd think that people would learn that this logic seldom works.

Uhhh that was never my logic so don't assume it was. All I am saying is there is no way Alissa can keep up with these upcoming skaters whose technique is so much stronger than Alissa's (Gracie, Elizaveta, Julia, Adelina, etc.). As I said before, Alissa often struggles with double axels in practice. Artistry can only take you so far. You have to be able to land the jumps too.

FSfan107
03-12-2012, 12:34 AM
Karpenko, you just about said everything I think about Alissa right now. Having watched Alissa's long program from the Challenge Cup, it's hard to imagine she doesn't have some injury. The jumps were just such a struggle for her.

smarts1
03-12-2012, 01:47 AM
If there's ever a time to prove yourself it's now Alissa. And if you pull a Rachel Flatt, all of the work you've done over the past 2 years to turn your career around will be gone.

I feel for her but she really needs to deliver. No ifs, ands, or tentative and nervous butts. She needs to figure out whats going on in this 2 week span and make the best decisions to make sure she can deliver. It's now or never for her, she really has a way of making you hold your breath and wishing for a miracle..

I hope she does well, she deserves a great Worlds after how hard she's work and how far she's come. However, this 3 spots thing is getting obnoxious and if she truly doesn't feel like she can give a performance 3 times better than what she just gave at this recent competition at Worlds by next week (which honestly, has to be an injury I cant believe it went that badly), I hope she does the right thing at let's Agnes (too bad its not Caroline) take her place.

You trust Agnes over Alissa? :eek: Agnes can be just as big a mess and an even hotter mess than Alissa and Agnes won't even get the PCS comparable to compete with Alissa on a world scene.

Karpenko
03-12-2012, 01:50 AM
I trust Agnes over Alissa's injury, yes. I realize how inconsistent Agnes is but Alissa can't be scoring even close to a 90 for a LP at Worlds. We would be harping on her for the exact same thing everybody blacklisted Rachel for after last years Worlds. I love her and her skating so much, but if this injury makes it so she goes out in Nice and skates how she did this past week, it would be classy to step down and let Agnes have her place, saving her career and preparing for next season.

I hope so much that the injury won't be an issue and she wins the entire championship.

fenway2
03-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Why is everyone talking about the injury like its confirmed. She skated nearly the same exact long program in January at the nationals send-off show as she did this weekend. Then she skated mediocre but much better at nationals. No one was claiming she was injured after her disastrous send-off performance,

RD
03-12-2012, 02:00 AM
You trust Agnes over Alissa? :eek: Agnes can be just as big a mess and an even hotter mess than Alissa and Agnes won't even get the PCS comparable to compete with Alissa on a world scene.

Exactly. I pointed this out at another forum, but this is true. And considering that Zawadzki is the first alternate, may as well let Czisny go because even a mediocre Czisny will do better than Zawadzki unless lightning strikes...

Like in the past several years, there may be nothing substantial we can do here. It's like a doomed airliner...

Karpenko
03-12-2012, 02:05 AM
There is absoltely no way Alissa would lose every single jump like that unless she were dealing with an injury. That drastic of a change doesn't happen so quickly like that, I think it's pretty obvious that she's been dealing with something the past few months. Since her 2nd GP event her security is gone on the jumps and it can't be all 100% mental.

Man she must be going through hell right now. :( I hope she can pull it together, I agree that sending her over Agnes is still a better choice, at least if Alissa bombs she will still get great PCS. But she can't bomb that badly, or even half that badly, and if it is an injury and is having a really hard time landing jumps she'd be better off not severly damaging herself in the long run. She's still a Sochi contender and it would damage her chances of making the team if she weren't top 10 and really bombs here.

RD
03-12-2012, 02:15 AM
It's then up to USFS to step in and inquire into Czisny's condition and readiness for Worlds. Obviously (like Flatt last year, and many other skaters) she is going to want to press through it, but if she's not in condition to skate at least respectably- if there's something ailing her then if Team Czisny won't disclose it, it's up to USFS to get to the bottom of things. It's their rep on the line as well as Team Czisny's at Worlds.

fenway2
03-12-2012, 02:22 AM
There is absoltely no way Alissa would lose every single jump like that unless she were dealing with an injury. That drastic of a change doesn't happen so quickly like that.if she hadn't skated nearly the exact same program at the send off show only to skate well in practices at nationals, I'd agree with you but....

triple_toe
03-12-2012, 03:41 AM
Maybe Alissa just gets thrown off by all the boob padding in her costumes or something :lol: