PDA

View Full Version : Teens punched and kicked a 13-year-old girl until she was unconscious

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

luenatic
01-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Am I totally out of touch with today's teenager behavior? I just cannot imagine who could punch and kick a school girl for riding the school bus. This cannot be normal human behavior, can it? Where is the moral value?

http://news.yahoo.com/teens-charged-beating-classmate-court-190522274.html

"The youths were charged with battery and disorderly conduct Friday after allegedly forming a circle around another girl on the school bus and hitting and kicking her repeatedly. The victim told deputies it was her first day riding the bus and no one would let her sit down. She suffered a concussion."

Jenny
01-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Is it really necessary to have such an awful subject line in an otherwise fun and lighthearted forum? I understand that some people wish to share and discuss such things, but for those of us who find this sort of thing very disturbing, and come to FSU to get away from the negative news headlines that bombard us elsewhere, perhaps some consideration could be made?

genevieve
01-10-2012, 07:18 PM
:huh:

I didn't realize that FSU was a safe haven from unpleasantness. We have something of an unwritten rule about not including graphic descriptions of cruelty to animals in thread titles, but we don't police thread titles, and I don't see anything wrong with this title.

skatesindreams
01-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Jenny, there are many threads on this board that don't interest/sometimes disturb me.
I use my discretion and don't open them.

Jenny
01-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Jenny, there are many threads on this board that don't interest/sometimes disturb me.
I use my discretion and don't open them.

I usually don't either - but one can't avoid the subject line.

I'm not asking for censorship, just some consideration for other posters is all.

GarrAarghHrumph
01-10-2012, 07:39 PM
:huh:

I didn't realize that FSU was a safe haven from unpleasantness. We have something of an unwritten rule about not including graphic descriptions of cruelty to animals in thread titles, but we don't police thread titles, and I don't see anything wrong with this title.

I don't have any problem with this thread title, as I'm not overly sensitive about such things. But reading what you just wrote, I'm now curious. Are you saying that we can't (or prefer not to) have a thread title that reads, "Teens punched and kicked a bunny rabbit until it was unconscious", but we can have one that says the same thing about a girl?

MikiAndoFan#1
01-10-2012, 07:40 PM
"The youths were charged with battery and disorderly conduct Friday after allegedly forming a circle around another girl on the school bus and hitting and kicking her repeatedly. The victim told deputies it was her first day riding the bus and no one would let her sit down. She suffered a concussion."

Poor girl. :( I hope she's okay, now.

orbitz
01-10-2012, 07:44 PM
What was the bus drive's role in this? Did the attack take place when there was no bus driver on board?

I don't see anything wrong with the thread title. I've seen worse on FSU :lol:.

genevieve
01-10-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't have any problem with this thread title, as I'm not overly sensitive about such things. But reading what you just wrote, I'm now curious. Are you saying that we can't (or prefer not to) have a thread title that reads, "Teens punched and kicked a bunny rabbit until it was unconscious", but we can have one that says the same thing about a girl?

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with either, but there have sometimes been threads that included really awful things done to animals, and requests were made that the titles say something like - warning animal cruelty. I think the issue was more than people were opening threads not expecting to read graphic details about animal cruelty than the thread titles themselves being upsetting. it's largely been a self-moderating thing.

Japanfan
01-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Is it really necessary to have such an awful subject line in an otherwise fun and lighthearted forum? I understand that some people wish to share and discuss such things, but for those of us who find this sort of thing very disturbing, and come to FSU to get away from the negative news headlines that bombard us elsewhere, perhaps some consideration could be made?

This forum includes all sorts of non-skating subjects. There is no rule that they need to be fun and lighthearted. Indeed, many threads here are not.

Buzz
01-11-2012, 12:30 AM
It's bullying and at a time when bullying is all over the news. Clearly the ones the message is most aimed at are not listening. Poor girl. Glad she will be ok.

jenny12
01-11-2012, 12:47 AM
What was the bus drive's role in this? Did the attack take place when there was no bus driver on board?

I don't see anything wrong with the thread title. I've seen worse on FSU :lol:.

I agree. I think this is a disturbing story, but the thread title was just a brief summary of the topic. It wasn't graphic or anything. Anyway, this is a devastating story and I do think orbitz has a good question about the bus driver. He/she is the adult in the situation and should have either stepped in or called for help immediately.

luenatic
01-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Gosh. I'm watching local news right now and they're reporting a 14-years-old girl was beaten up by 3 other teenagers on the light rail. What is wrong with the world these days? I'm starting to think the trashy reality shows (like Real housewives, Jersey Shore,etc) are playing a role in corrupting the society moral values.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Disturbing-video-shows-girl-attacked-on-MAX-137057088.html

"PORTLAND – Disturbing video of a girl getting beat up on a MAX train has circulated at a Southeast Portland school as police try to track down the people involved."

Prancer
01-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Gosh. I'm watching local news right now and they're reporting a 14-years-old girl was beaten up by 3 other teenagers on the light rail. What is wrong with the world these days? I'm starting to think the trashy reality shows (like Real housewives, Jersey Shore,etc) are playing a role in corrupting the society moral values.

Did people not beat each other up when you were young? :confused:

genevieve
01-11-2012, 01:21 AM
I think it's more that people weren't videotaping themselves beating up others back in the day. They had to carve the descriptions and pictures into stone.