PDA

View Full Version : What's Love got to do with it?! Tennis 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69

Loves_Shizuka
06-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Ahem....ANYWAY... Lisicki-Sharapova might be quite an interesting 4th round. A repeat of last year's semi.

I'm definitely a fan of Sloane Stephens - really like her and her game.

I'm :( over Milos. Especially as it was to Querrey. Lol.

hydro
06-29-2012, 04:52 PM
The bump, not good gamesmanship by Rafa but it was not over the top and I don't think it interfered with the result of the match. But he could have behaved better. However, I thought both players displayed gamesmanship issues and taunted each other.

Sorry, the bump was ridiculous. Touching another player in anyway is beyond gamesmanship, and then to do it in such a threatening manner is worst. That's not gamesmanship, that's being an asshole.

oleada
06-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Djokovic looked great after losing the first set. I hope he wins :D

I really enjoy watching Angelique Kerber play. Zvonareva-Clijsters is :yawn:; I wish they'd show another match...

Lorac
06-29-2012, 05:12 PM
The returner is suppose to go by the server's pace. That's fine in non competitive or playing for fun. As a person who has played junior, high school tennis I can let you all coaches teach players to "take their time", adjust you racquet and mentally prepare for how you are going to return/play the next shot.

The game should be played at the server's pace - and Nadal has continually refused to do this over the years. Unfortunately he has got away with it way too long and will probably never be called for it but he should be. I for one don't give a damn about rituals - honestly Nadal's are a little on the OCD side anyways. It is gamesmanship pure and simple

The bump, not good gamesmanship by Rafa but it was not over the top and I don't think it interfered with the result of the match. But he could have behaved better. However, I thought both players displayed gamesmanship issues and taunted each other.

Of course it did not interfere with the result in the manner Nadal hoped - he lost. It was uncalled for and he should be ashamed of himself. Apparently he did apologise to Rosol but still. And I am unsure of what gamesmanship/taunting Rosol did to Nadal? Nothing I saw was untoward - would you care to elaborate?

kylet3
06-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Ahem....ANYWAY... Lisicki-Sharapova might be quite an interesting 4th round. A repeat of last year's semi.

I'm definitely a fan of Sloane Stephens - really like her and her game.

I'm :( over Milos. Especially as it was to Querrey. Lol.

Querry is an A-Hole but he played the points better than Raonic did today. Milos should have won that second set and didn't, had a chance to win the third set and didn't and then gave it away in the fourth. He blew it big time.

Loves_Shizuka
06-29-2012, 05:22 PM
I really enjoy watching Angelique Kerber play

Kerber is ace. One of my new faves.

Lorac
06-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Heather Watson being given a thorough tennis lesson by Aggie Radwanska - oh well I suppose it was too much to ask for her to do a Rosol ;)

Loves_Shizuka
06-29-2012, 05:29 PM
^I can't even watch it. Heather should soak this match up though - if there's anyone she should be immitating it's Agnieszka. They have similar builds and a (kind of) similar style. She should learn alot.

topaz
06-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Vera walked off the court for treatment. On the changeover, Vera started coughing badly into her towel, called for the trainer who checked her breathing, Vera in tears and then Vera walked out of the court with the trainer for treatment. They must want to do a more thorough exam.

Poor Vera :(

topaz
06-29-2012, 05:45 PM
The game should be played at the server's pace - and Nadal has continually refused to do this over the years. Unfortunately he has got away with it way too long and will probably never be called for it but he should be. I for one don't give a damn about rituals - honestly Nadal's are a little on the OCD side anyways. It is gamesmanship pure and simple

I'm just letting you know what happens most of the time in competitive tennis in regards to the "at server's pace". Other players do it too. There are other rules that the majority of the players don't follow either. For example, almost every player towels off and get a drink of water between switching sides. The rules state you are not to do this.

Of course it did not interfere with the result in the manner Nadal hoped - he lost. It was uncalled for and he should be ashamed of himself. Apparently he did apologise to Rosol but still. And I am unsure of what gamesmanship/taunting Rosol did to Nadal? Nothing I saw was untoward - would you care to elaborate?

Rosel celebrating at the end of points/games while looking at and towards Nadal.

Lots of players celebrate after points/games but they don't usually direct their celebrating towards their opponents; most direct the energy towards the ground or they turn their backs to their opponents.

Players famous for doing what Rosol/Rafa displayed were Capriati and Henin

Jayar
Sloane Stephen went down in 3 to Sabine L. Again Sloane didn't take her chances when she have. :( She only 19, so hopefully she'll grown from these experiences.

She's made to the 4th round(R16) at the French and 3rd round at Wimbledon. She's starting to consistently do well tourneys. Now she can prepare for US open.

But good win for Sabine L. She serviced well in the 3rd set.

Is this in English?

topaz
Vera retired from the match :(

topaz
06-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Is this in English?

Excuse me?

Lorac
06-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Vera retired from the match :(

That's a pity. I wonder what the breathing issues were - is she an asthma sufferer by any chnace?

oleada
06-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Rosel celebrating at the end of points/games while looking at and towards Nadal.

Nadal was doing the same thing.