PDA

View Full Version : What's Love got to do with it?! Tennis 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

oleada
05-31-2012, 08:57 PM
Awww, I'm glad PHM got the chance to get such a win at home :)

Loves_Shizuka
05-31-2012, 09:21 PM
^Me too - I'm just glad he didn't choke. Something he is (in)famous for.

Megi
05-31-2012, 09:37 PM
Awww, I'm glad PHM got the chance to get such a win at home :)

Yes, especially considering he's recovered from a knee surgery in the off season! :cheer2:

topaz
06-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Kuzcetie beat down A. Radwanska. 6-1, 6-2. Sveta is playing fantastic. She looks so good. Sveta may be the darkhouse. I watched some of the match online.

Sloane Stephens WON!!! 6-2, 6-3

topaz
06-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Ivanovic out. Italian women are playing well. Now if only Flavia can win today :)

Lorac
06-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Kuzcetie beat down A. Radwanska. 6-1, 6-2. Sveta is playing fantastic. She looks so good. Sveta may be the darkhouse. I watched some of the match online.

Sloane Stephens WON!!! 6-2, 6-3

Kuznetsova totally overpowered Radwanska and made Radwanska look pretty mediocre IMHO. Svetlana could well be a good pick for a semi-finalist at least - if not not a potential finalist. However Sharapova is also playing (and looking) great at the moment - even her serve seems to be holding up this year!! As I said she is also looking great - her black dress today was divine and she looked stunningly beautiful - now if she would just quit shrieking I might become a fan ;)

Lorac
06-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Fed through in 4 - Mahut took the match to Federer and he made it a little uncomfortable for the Swiss player on occasion. Now Federer has a 21 years old Belgium lucky loser called David Goffin in the 4th round - who looks as if he is barely 16 years old!!! He is only in the main draw due to Gael Monfils was forced out with a knee injury after losing his 3rd qualifying match last week. He has since then had 2 5 set matches - beating a seed in the first round - before winning in 3 today and now he faces Roger Federer in 2 days time in the 4th round of a Grand Slam :eek:

Loves_Shizuka
06-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Kuzzy :eek: :cheer2:

Sloane :cheer2:

Am I allowed to say how thrilled I am for Canadian Tennis in general? Aleks Wozniak is BACK, she'll be top 50 and is a lock for the Olympic Games.

I'm watching her against Vika right now, first time I've seen her for a couple of years. She looks fitter IMO and still hits a great ball. Serve looks a little harder, though it's still a weak(er) point. Now she just needs to get her roots done! ;)

oleada
06-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Kuzzy! :cheer2: Great result, IMO. Kuzzy is AMAZING when she's on.

Rough tournament for Serena all around. She and Bob Bryan lost in the first round of mixed doubles to Dulko/Schwank.

kylet3
06-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Federer lost a set to Mahut! :eek: Looked like a tight four set match, but came through in the end. Djoker was scary good today and Delpo was also solid against a really tough opponent in Cilic. I'm super stoked to hopefully see Milos Raonic play, he's got a hell of a time with Monaco on his hands, but that'd set up a 4th round with Nadal so I'm hoping he can somehow find his way through.

Simon gone, quelle surprise, but Wawrinka's backhand is to me the best looking shot in tennis.

Kuznetsova taking out Radwanska the way she did :eek: Wow, has anyone been paying attention to her this season? If she plays like that she could win the whole thing. Stosur also put up a good effort against Petrova, also loving Sharapova's form, I'd love for her to finally win this thing and complete the slam.

I know Aleks Wozniak lost but she put up a super effort against Vika Azarenka today. Really matched her for power and strokes, just got a couple unlucky breaks here and there but wasn't blown off the court like some thought she might be. I think she can get back to the top 25 if she keeps playing like this. I'm also so excited for her to get to Canada at the Olympics, she won Stanford just before Beijing but she missed the cutoff so for her to represent us at the Olympics at Wimbledon will be special. Hope she does well!

kylet3
06-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Kuzzy :eek: :cheer2:

Sloane :cheer2:

I'm watching her against Vika right now, first time I've seen her for a couple of years. She looks fitter IMO and still hits a great ball. Serve looks a little harder, though it's still a weak(er) point. Now she just needs to get her roots done! ;)

I was so impressed with her effort, truth be told I wasn't expecting much against Vika, but she stayed right with her until the end. The second serve is still her achilles, but overall, she's right where she needs to be in her comeback. If Marino decides to come back, we could have two really great top 50 players.

Loves_Shizuka
06-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Where is Marino??

I really hope Kuzzy can maintain this form.

Lorac
06-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Where is Marino??

If Kuzzy plays like she did today for her remaining matches she has a good chance to progress to the later part of next week - maybe even the final. Same with Novak who managed to sneak his match in under the wire tonight before they lost the light and played very well - his winning shot on MP was just awesome :swoon:

kylet3
06-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Marino apparently got injured at the beginning of this year and decided to take some time away. I guess there were some kinda family issues going on with her too that have kept her out. I'm not sure we will ever see her back to the level that she was at when she made top 40, I personally think Aleks is a better all around player and just more mentally solid. I think she will be back in the top 30 and seeded at Grand Slams before long again. Of course if she could get another tour title (even a smaller one) that'd do wonders for her. I still remember that run in Stanford, beat Schiavone, Stosur (twice!), S. Williams, Bammer, and Bartoli all in the same week after coming through qualies. :eek: I'm just glad that she's back playing good tennis again.

Kuzzy can be scary good and then scary bad. She hasn't won a title in nearly two years. You never know what you'll get with her.

topaz
06-01-2012, 10:10 PM

Sveta's issue has always been concentration/focus. She has always had the game to be #1; she loses focus at crucial times of the match.

She's looks really fit though. People forget Sveta is the 09 FO Champion, a finalist in 06 and sf in 08. Her power with topspin is a good combo on this surface. She just needs to keep her mind focused. Sveta, Vika, and Frankie have the games to really hurt Maria S.

Sveta a tough match next round against Errani, whom I love her game. I don't know she doesn't do better at grand slams, she's such a quick player and volleys well.

With Na, it's a toss up but Na just continues to hit hard she doesn't add slice or topspin to her points when she plays Maria. At least she didn't a few weeks ago in Rome.

Stephens backhand is so good. I'm watching a replay of her match on the Tennis channel. She has added more variety to her games and moves so naturally on the clay. Sloane has a really good chance against Sam Stosur. She moves well and has some variety to her game that can frustrate Sam.