PDA

View Full Version : Baseball 2012!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

PrincessLeppard
01-07-2012, 08:21 PM
To discuss before pitchers and catchers report: The extra wild-card team and the one-game playoff.

I don't like change in baseball, but I do now like the division series, and I'm sure I'll like the one game playoff if it benefits a team I like, and not, for example, the Yankees. ;)

HeatherC
01-08-2012, 05:36 AM
BASEBALL!!!!! :cheer2: :biggrinbo :rollin: :cheer:

PrincessLeppard
01-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Pitchers and catchers report to spring training in a month, kittens! :cheer2:

Anyone have tickets yet for any games? I'm going to see the Giants vs. the A's on May 19th and 20th. On the 20th, they are giving away a Brian Wilson garden gnome. I must own one....

Fridge_Break
01-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Go Cubs go! Go Cubs go! Hey Chicago whadd'ya say, the Cubs probably aren't gonna win today!

(Posted by a loving, dedicated fan)

HeatherC
01-21-2012, 05:28 AM
The Reds officially signed Ryan Ludwick and Ryan Madsen this week to go along with their trades for SP Mat Latos (who's wife is freaking hilarious on Twitter :biggrinbo) and RP Sean Marshall. I adore Walt Jocketty for how he handles big deals and how stealth he was this year in getting all of these things done. SO EXCITED FOR MY BOYS THIS YEAR!! :cheer2:

I haven't bought any game tickets yet but I'm also right smack dab in the middle of finalizing everything for two cross country skating trips within three weeks of each other so obviously baseball hasn't been my highest priority this month, LOL :rofl: :lol:

AragornElessar
01-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Last night on TSN, they were reporting that Gary Carter is not good at all. Not only has the original brain tumor not shrunken at all, but there's been two new smaller tumours discovered after his latest MRI's. He's also falling quite a bit due to the cancer affecting that area of the brain.

From all I've heard over the years, Gary's a really nice and great guy. What a shame and thoughts and prayers go out to him and his Family. :(

PrincessLeppard
01-25-2012, 03:20 AM
The Giants signed one of my husbands, Tim Lincecum, to a massive two year deal. The money should offset the pain of losing a bunch of 1-0 and 2-1 games.....

Rob
01-31-2012, 10:23 PM

Anyone have tickets yet for any games? I'm going to see the Giants vs. the A's on May 19th and 20th. On the 20th, they are giving away a Brian Wilson garden gnome. I must own one....

I share a 1/2 season of the Nats with a friend.

Nats signed Lidge to a one year contract.

AragornElessar
02-01-2012, 12:10 AM
If things go as I'm guessing they will when I see my Foot Surgeon in a couple of weeks in Toronto, I might be able to get to a game this year at the Concrete Pizza Pocket.

Hey, got to turn Medical Appts/future even more foot surgery into some kind of fun. Right?

Yesterday in Toronto, the Jays held a "State of the Franchise" event.

CBC Sports ~ Jays close to regular playoff appearances: Beeston (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/mlb/story/2012/01/31/sp-mlb-jays-anthopoulos-franchise.html)

While I would be thrilled to be watching my boys play Playoff Baseball again, not sure if it's that realistic. At least not the next couple of years.

I also hope I'm really wrong about that.

PrincessLeppard
02-01-2012, 03:10 AM
I got spring training tickets! :cheer2:

It's going to be so awesome to stalk Brian Wilson and his beard see how the Giants are looking for the coming season. ;)

AragornElessar
02-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Damn...

CBC Sports ~ Rangers' Hamilton admits alcohol relapse (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/mlb/story/2012/02/03/sp-hamilton-rangers.html)

I've seen what can happen when someone is an Alcoholic due to members of my own Family battling their demons w/this addiction. I really hope Josh can bounce back from this. :(

NeilJLeonard
02-07-2012, 08:55 PM
The Marlins new bazillion dollar stadium nears completion in beautiful east Little Havana. Not enough on site parking, so it's back to parking in some homeowners yard (at a reasonable price...:rolleyes:...). The built in stores & such are empty. There's no quick way to get there. The new uniform is ugly.

But the season is about to start. Let the good times roll & the devil take the hindmost.

NJL

JeffClair1979
02-07-2012, 09:01 PM

So do I! (I work for the Mets) :D Port St. Lucie, FL here I come! I so need a tan...

PrincessLeppard
02-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Have fun at spring training, Jeff! When I stalked followed the Astros, I went to ST in Florida a couple times. :)

Neil, at least the Marlins have Logan Morrison. He's pretty funny on Twitter. I have no idea about his skills as a baseball player. :rofl:

Also, is it true The Franchise is going to follow the Marlins? I was hoping they'd follow the Giants again, but alas :wuzrobbed

mysticchic
02-08-2012, 02:11 AM
It's going to be a Chicago Cubs/Detroit Tiger's world series!