PDA

View Full Version : Baseball 2012!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

milanessa
10-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Some of us are really just set in our ways. Baseball is an east coast game and football is a northern game. The Arizona Cardinals? Really? :lol:

PrincessLeppard
10-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Has Joe Buck been run out of San Francisco yet? He called the 49ers game, they lost; then he sped across town and called the Giants game, and they lost.

:lynch: Joe Buck.

I'm wearing my Giants tights today. :)

peibeck
10-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Some of us are really just set in our ways. Baseball is an east coast game and football is a northern game. The Arizona Cardinals? Really? :lol:

I know plenty of southerners who would disagree with this statement. Football is practically a religion in Texas and Oklahoma.

I think of baseball as an east cost :bribe:game, because those tend to be the areas where the player budgets are astronomical.

NeilJLeonard
10-15-2012, 06:54 PM
I know plenty of southerners who would disagree with this statement. Football is practically a religion in Texas and Oklahoma.

I think of baseball as an east cost :bribe:game, because those tend to be the areas where the player budgets are astronomical.
Currently #1 is 'Bama & #2 is Florida. The very southern SEC seems to rule right now.

NJL

milanessa
10-15-2012, 08:42 PM
That's college/high school ball - I was talking the NFL, should have been more specific.

PrincessLeppard
10-15-2012, 08:49 PM
You people take your football talk elsewhere. :drama: I keep coming in here and it's more football. :drama: :drama:

peibeck
10-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Go Cards! :saint:

purple skates
10-15-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm going back and forth on who I'd want the Tigers to play if they win the pennant.

The Giants would be good because PL is a huge fan, and I'd be happy for her if they were. However, we'd be stuck with West Coast starting times, and that really sucks for us.

St Louis would be good because we owe them for 2006, however than PL will be :fragile: and that would be no fun.

PrincessLeppard
10-15-2012, 09:02 PM
The Giants would be good because PL is a huge fan, and I'd be happy for her if they were. However, we'd be stuck with West Coast starting times, and that really sucks for us.

I know. It's fine during the summer, but once school starts? It's hard to stay up that late. :yawn:

St Louis would be good because we owe them for 2006, however than PL will be :fragile: and that would be no fun.

It's okay. It's just baseball. If the Reds had beat the Giants, I'd be screaming for them to crush the Cardinals. It's all good. :P

milanessa
10-15-2012, 09:36 PM
You people take your football talk elsewhere. :drama: I keep coming in here and it's more football. :drama: :drama:

:P

Zemgirl
10-15-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm going back and forth on who I'd want the Tigers to play if they win the pennant.

Aren't World Series first pitch times fixed, regardless of who the teams are?

As for STL, I said earlier the second wild card was a bad idea, and clearly I was right - because now we'll all be stuck with St. Louis again.

galaxygirl
10-15-2012, 09:50 PM
I haven't been this excited about baseball for a while. Somehow the Tigers have become my favorite team. I don't know why; I've never been to Michigan. Maybe it's because their colors are the Broncos colors. :)

No cable though so I haven't been able to watch any of the playoffs. :(

purple skates
10-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Aren't World Series first pitch times fixed, regardless of who the teams are?

I don't know. I do know that I didn't see much of the last three games of the Oakland series because they started too late. The games were ending around midnight here.

I haven't been this excited about baseball for a while. Somehow the Tigers have become my favorite team. I don't know why; I've never been to Michigan. Maybe it's because their colors are the Broncos colors. :)

It's a really good organization, too. The family that owns the team (the Illitch family) is very into the city. They've done so much good in trying to revitalize it.

They also own the Detroit Red Wings, and Little Caesars Pizza. The latter is very very involved in youth hockey, which is huge in Detroit. My son played for teams in the LCAHL for six years.

galaxygirl
10-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Why is the ALCS on TBS but the NLCS is on FOX? I don't get TBS and I don't want to watch the stinking NLCS. :mad:

Zemgirl
10-15-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't know. I do know that I didn't see much of the last three games of the Oakland series because they started too late. The games were ending around midnight here.
AFAIK World Series games are supposed to start around 8 pm Eastern - it has to be a network scheduling thing, most of the LCS games are 8 pm, too. They may take longer to play, though, with all the ceremonies and strategic stuff going on and whatever. The division series are another matter.

Anyway, now you can cheer for the Giants without being concerned about starting times, if you're so inclined ;) And I just realized - since the Giants players had a large role in winning the ASG (not just Melky), they deserve the home field advantage more than the Cardinals.