PDA

View Full Version : Baseball 2012!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

milanessa
10-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Tigers win!!! :cheer:

Smyly's a good little closer. :)

overedge
10-14-2012, 06:10 AM
Hahahaha. Suck it, Yankees :EVILLE:

Zemgirl
10-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Baseball is dead to me until next season. Every single series is unwatchable for me now so I don't care what happens in either series and I will not be watching the World Series at all. Ugh, what a lousy way for the season to end in so many ways. :blah: :scream: :yikes:

You have to take whatever small joys you can find :D

Not sure what happened to Jeter but it looked painful. :(
So it's an ankle fracture (http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8503365/2012-mlb-playoffs-derek-jeter-new-york-yankees-breaks-ankle-game-1-alcs), and he's done for the year :( but at least it's not career ending.

PrincessLeppard
10-14-2012, 02:27 PM

This. I went to bed after the Yankees tied it, so it was nice to wake up and found the game had gone the right way after all.

And as much as I don't like Derek Jeter, I'm sorry he's out for the rest of the playoffs.

Lucy25
10-14-2012, 03:24 PM
The majority of the people here in Michigan hate the Yankees with every ounce of their being (myself included). However, most would say there are two exceptions: Jeter and Granderson. As musch as I am happy the Tigers were able to overcome Valverde's contined demise, I hate to see Jeter hurt. Besides being from Michigan, he seems like such a decent guy. Hope he recovers well.

Go Tigers!!

sk8er1964
10-14-2012, 05:05 PM
I agree, Lucy25. plus, you want to beat them at their best, not when they lose a star player. (Conversly, if you lose, you don't want to lose to them without their star player. :shuffle:)

I was at the Detroit Symphony Orchestra concert last night (side note, they played Bolero and I could see Torvill and Dean skating to it in my mind's eye :lol:), and at the very end of the concert the orchestra played Go Get 'Em Tigers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMqnFQRiUs) and the audience sung the refrain. It was pretty fun. :lol:

Lucy25
10-14-2012, 06:29 PM
I agree, Lucy25. plus, you want to beat them at their best, not when they lose a star player. (Conversly, if you lose, you don't want to lose to them without their star player. :shuffle:)

I was at the Detroit Symphony Orchestra concert last night (side note, they played Bolero and I could see Torvill and Dean skating to it in my mind's eye :lol:), and at the very end of the concert the orchestra played Go Get 'Em Tigers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMqnFQRiUs) and the audience sung the refrain. It was pretty fun. :lol:
That's pretty cool. They don't play that enough. Kids nowadays would never recognize it.

myhoneyhoney
10-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Sad about Jeter :( Factor in no Jeter, no Rivera, and the majority of the team forgetting how to hit, it's not looking good at all :(

PrincessLeppard
10-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Okay, it's been a looooooong time since I've cheered for a team that made it this far (The Diamondbacks in 2001). I wasn't following baseball when the Giants won in 2010.

I think I'm going to have a heart attack. Does anyone have any nitro I can borrow?

;)

professordeb
10-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Yipeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! Tigers take a two game lead heading back to Detroit. I am THRILLED. I will have to agree that there was a really bad call at 2nd base that went against the Yankees but considering what I have to listen to from the announcers, I'm not going to hold it against the umpire. I swear that the people announcing the games on Sportsnet are pro Yankee cause it seems that 80% of what they talk about revolves around the Yankees. Can I just say I would be out of my head happy should the Tigers remove the Yankees from post season play -- and the sooner the better. Then I wouldn't have to listen to such fawning from the announcers. At least when they break, I get to enjoy former Blue Jay catcher Gregg Zahn. That guy tells it like it is :)

BTW, I do feel sorry for Jeter. Sorry to hear that he was bad enough that he wasn't even allowed to go to the park for today's game, which might have inspired his team to play better.

PL -- sorry, can't help with the nitro. Mom's meds are at the home with her. May I suggest that you perhaps do something else with your hands while the game is going on -- like squeezing a stress ball perhaps? Just a thought.

overedge
10-15-2012, 02:10 AM
I swear that the people announcing the games on Sportsnet are pro Yankee

Ya think? :P
The only team they are worse homers for is the Blue Jays. And thankfully that part of the season is over, at least.

professordeb
10-15-2012, 03:14 AM
Ya think? :P
The only team they are worse homers for is the Blue Jays. And thankfully that part of the season is over, at least.

Well I could understand about the BJ since it IS a Canadian channel and they are covering the only Canadian based team. However, when you have two teams that are both from the U.S. and the announcing is so very biased -- hmmm ... where's the barf icon?

Alixana
10-15-2012, 04:03 AM
I swear that the people announcing the games on Sportsnet are pro Yankee cause it seems that 80% of what they talk about revolves around the Yankees. Can I just say I would be out of my head happy should the Tigers remove the Yankees from post season play -- and the sooner the better. Then I wouldn't have to listen to such fawning from the announcers. At least when they break, I get to enjoy former Blue Jay catcher Gregg Zahn. That guy tells it like it is :)

They're picking up the Fox feed .. those are American announcers. Personally, I turn the sound off and listen to the radio till the Sportsnet guys come on during the breaks.

Here in SW Ontario many of us were Tiger fans before the Jays ever came to be. GO TIGERS!!

Seregil
10-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Espn also favors the Yankees and other east coast teams to a lesser extent. It's like the rest of the league doesn't exist. The other teams barely get a mention.

PRlady
10-15-2012, 01:31 PM
My ex-husband, a huge baseball nut, always ranted that the Yankees and the Red Sox got Games of the Week and, in the playoffs, the coveted evening games. Phillies, Nats, Mets and Orioles -- the other East Coast teams -- not nearly so much.

When I really followed baseball, every year a team like the A's or the Rangers or the Angels would make it into the playoffs and I realized that in a six month season I had never seen them play!