PDA

View Full Version : Baseball 2012!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

PRlady
10-06-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm hoping for a Reds-A's World Series now. I think it's what Bud Selig would least like to see, I like Oakland, and the Reds are overdue for a nice post-season run. What's it been now, more than 20 years since their last trip to the World Series, right?

There went the dinner I was going to buy you in February in Israel. :P

A Nats-A's World Series would be fine, though. Even better, a Nats-Orioles series. :swoon:

Zemgirl
10-06-2012, 05:21 PM

A Nats-A's World Series would be fine, though. Even better, a Nats-Orioles series. :swoon:
Hey, you promised you have shallow loyalties, and it's not like I said I wanted the Yankees to beat the Nats :D

I want the A's, they're fun. The Orioles are more than welcome to play them in the ALCS, however. And I would like to have the Nats in the NLCS, since that would mean St. Louis goes home, not to mention I'd rather see the 98-win team advance.

From what I've seen, quite a few players (not for the Braves) have tweeted about how bad that call was. Obviously the errors and poor situational hitting got the Braves to that point, but seriously, it was awful.

Aaron W
10-06-2012, 05:26 PM

I'm hoping for either a Nats-Orioles, Reds-Tigers, or Giants-A's World Series. I want nothing involving the Yankees or Cardinals.

PRlady
10-06-2012, 06:15 PM
I KNEW I should have paid better attention when my ex-husband explained the infield fly rule. However, from everything I've read, it was misapplied in this case anyway.

Bet on my Nats beating the Cardinals. Past that, I'm not sure.

Zemgirl
10-06-2012, 06:33 PM
I KNEW I should have paid better attention when my ex-husband explained the infield fly rule.
I suspect Sam Holbrook should have paid better attention, too :P

PrincessLeppard
10-07-2012, 12:06 AM
I used to be an umpire. That was so NOT an infield fly. And I hate the Braves. But I thought it was cool that Chipper Jones said it didn't cost them the game; their sloppy play did.

Go Giants! I'm hoping to watch at least part of it. :)

mattiecat13
10-07-2012, 01:54 AM
Why don't things like this go against the Cardinals???! I swear they get ALL the breaks and I see them enough as a Reds fan to be hotly annoyed about all of it. UGH. :wall:[/QUOTE]

I agree, Heather C. The Cardinals get all the breaks and I'm hoping the Nationals beat them. Right now I'm biting my nails for the Reds, waiting for the game to start.

Debbie S
10-07-2012, 02:14 AM
ORIOLES MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: Yeah!

Good luck to your Reds! Maybe we'll play them in the World Series. ;) I don't expect the Orioles to get there, but you never know..... :)

Seregil
10-07-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm fairly new to baseball. What other breaks have the cardinals had?

HeatherC
10-07-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm hoping for a Reds-A's World Series now. I think it's what Bud Selig would least like to see, I like Oakland, and the Reds are overdue for a nice post-season run. What's it been now, more than 20 years since their last trip to the World Series, right?

The last time the Reds were in the World Series was 1990 so it's been 22 years for my guys (the last time they even won a playoff game was 1995! :yikes: ) so yes, they are WAY overdue for some post season glory! :cheer:

Playoff baseball is going to be the death of me though. My nerves were shot by the first inning tonight after Cueto came out of the game injured but MAD PROPS to all of my guys for coming up huge for their teammate. Mat Latos is a STUD and I am so proud of him for coming up big. They're now three outs away from their first playoff win since 1995! GO REDS!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer: :biggrinbo

PrincessLeppard
10-07-2012, 07:27 AM
I didnt see any of the game. Which is probably fine. :shuffle:

Zemgirl
10-07-2012, 10:27 AM
I didnt see any of the game. Which is probably fine. :shuffle:
You should thank your friend for being so considerate with the scheduling of her wedding... ;)

Rob
10-08-2012, 02:29 AM
Stop mentioning Nats and World Series in the same sentence. No jinxing.
Game 1 was a nail biter. But at least we will come home no worse than 1-1.

HeatherC
10-08-2012, 05:07 AM
My heart can't handle the post season with my fave team. Ex: The Reds put two runs on the board a few innings ago and I completely burst into tears that they then a four run lead. :lol: Man, I forgot how much the post season just wrenches your heart both in good and bad ways and as excited as I am for my guys, I am also aware that it's still awfully early to get too over excited about anything. I think the sting of being swept and perfect game-d two years ago in the NLDS is still burning hot for me so every single game they get closer to overcoming that disappointment is SO amazing. I love this team!!! :cheer:

MORE RUNS!!! And there go the tears again....the post season is going to kill me, LMAO :rofl:

((((Orioles)))) :wuzrobbed They started off SO great but totally fell apart in the ninth inning. Get them tomorrow guys!!! :cheer:

overedge
10-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Heather, I was watching that 5-run inning and wondering if you were going to survive it :lol: