PDA

View Full Version : Baseball 2012!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

PRlady
10-04-2012, 06:53 PM
But while we're on the subject of dual loyalties... I don't think you should switch your baseball allegiance, that goes against the whole point of being a fan!

I'm an American who works for Israel. Dual loyalties are my middle name. :P

And you know, I rooted for the Philadelphia Eagles for thirty years except when they were playing the Washington Redskins. (Also same division.) Then the Eagles hired a dog-torturer as quarterback and made my rooting life easier, except for the fact that the Redskins have sucked for many years. So I just root for the Patriots because Tom Brady is :swoon:

People in my line of work have very shallow loyalties. ;)

Zemgirl
10-04-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm an American who works for Israel. Dual loyalties are my middle name. :P

And you know, I rooted for the Philadelphia Eagles for thirty years except when they were playing the Washington Redskins. (Also same division.) Then the Eagles hired a dog-torturer as quarterback and made my rooting life easier, except for the fact that the Redskins have sucked for many years. So I just root for the Patriots because Tom Brady is :swoon:

People in my line of work have very shallow loyalties. ;)
Well yes, but that's work, not fandom! :lol:

I don't find Brady all that good looking these days - he's not aging particularly well, IMO.

PRlady
10-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Well yes, but that's work, not fandom! :lol:

I don't find Brady all that good looking these days - he's not aging particularly well, IMO.

Sez you. I find him to be aging nicely to the point where if he is interested in a cougaresque experience, I'll take Giselle on for the opportunity.

PrincessLeppard
10-05-2012, 01:09 AM
I am afraid of my Nats playing the Giants. Because they ousted my Phillies two years ago and even though they're never all that stellar, they do just enough to win. :(

They are stellar, bint! And they have freaking fabulous beards! :lynch:

milanessa
10-05-2012, 03:18 AM
I find him to be aging nicely to the point where if he is interested in a cougaresque experience, I'll take Giselle on for the opportunity.

At least wait until the baby's born

AragornElessar
10-05-2012, 05:33 AM
And in non Playoff news from last night....Omar Vizquel ended what will be a Hall of Fame Career in a Toronto Blue Jays uniform last night and after all that's happened this season, at least we were able to give Omar a classy send off. Also could I adore Lawrie any more? To make Omar's final game even more special, Brett gave up his number, which Omar had for so many years, for the night so Omar could end his career w/the number he started w/. I also lost track of how long the Standing Ovation went for when he came up to bat for the first time last night.

And to put an !!! on the evening, he got a gorgeous base hit to bring in a run and then made one last basketcatch to finish it all off w/.

Congratulations to Omar on a brilliant career and see you in Cooperstown in a few years.

Now bring on the Playoffs!!! :D :D :D :D

FSfan107
10-05-2012, 10:08 PM
GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!

Rob
10-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Here is one reason why you don't have a one game playoff in baseball. A questionable late call and here come all the bottles on the field. Classy.

milanessa
10-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Yeah, the trash on the field was uncalled for but it was a lousy call.

HeatherC
10-06-2012, 02:59 AM
That call was horrible but the fans behavior was reprehensible. :yikes:

Why don't things like this go against the Cardinals???! I swear they get ALL the breaks and I see them enough as a Reds fan to be hotly annoyed about all of it. UGH. :wall:

Rob
10-06-2012, 05:16 AM
Yeah, the trash on the field was uncalled for but it was a lousy call.

It was, but no excuse. Very frustrating for the fans, but Unacceptable. I have loathed the Braves for decades though. And one of their drunk fans called me a fat bitch when I was walking through the Turner Field parking lot with my Nats shirt on last month. They won so its not like we were gloating. So even if it was unfair for Chipper Jones leave his last game with trash flying, I had a smile on my face.

Now for the real playoffs.

HeatherC
10-06-2012, 05:35 AM
ORIOLES MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2:

Hoping for some of that magic for my Reds tomorrow night!! :biggrinbo

PrincessLeppard
10-06-2012, 02:22 PM
AHEM. I am hoping for some Giants magic tonight. Not that I'll be able to see it. Stoopid wedding. ;)

Seregil
10-06-2012, 03:58 PM
I don't understand the infield fly rule. I don't know if the call was right or not. I don't think the call made much of a difference, though. The Braves were sloppy last night. Hard to win a game when you make that many errors.

As for the fans - they're lucky the umps didn't call a forfeit after that embarrassing display.

Zemgirl
10-06-2012, 04:19 PM
This is why I didn't like the one game idea - you have a team that earned its way into the post-season, but had the misfortune to play in the same division as the best team in baseball. One afternoon of lousy play against an inferior team - not reflective of what they've done for most of the year - and a terrible call by an umpire, and they're done. It's not right, it's not how baseball is played; I could have lived with the Braves losing a series, but this just sucks.

OTOH, at least it leaves me more time for skating ;)

Why don't things like this go against the Cardinals???! I swear they get ALL the breaks and I see them enough as a Reds fan to be hotly annoyed about all of it. UGH. :wall:
At this point, I am willing to reconsider my policy of cheering for anyone who plays against the Yankees.

I'm hoping for a Reds-A's World Series now. I think it's what Bud Selig would least like to see, I like Oakland, and the Reds are overdue for a nice post-season run. What's it been now, more than 20 years since their last trip to the World Series, right?