PDA

View Full Version : Baseball 2012!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Zemgirl
09-27-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't like Chipper Jones. He's an ass.
Granted as a Braves fan I'm biased, but everything I've read suggests that Chipper is well-liked and respected throughout the game. He's a great mentor to the younger players on the team, and it will be strange seeing the Braves without him...

So - is it because he cheated on his first wife? Because while I can't condone that sort of behavior, it was a very long time ago, he took responsibility for what he did, and he seems to have a great relationship with his oldest son.

milanessa
09-27-2012, 09:52 PM
He cheated on his second wife, too. He's from my little-bitty town and he used to go to the downtown sports bar and just be an ass. The place was upstairs from a small restaurant and he and his buddies would get drunk and raise all kinds of hell playing pranks on folk leaving the restaurant. He was mean and arrogant and way too full of himself. A player through and through with the girls in town. I'm sure he's quieted down now, he's older and not much of a looker anymore - I'll bet he's feeling more mortal than he used to.

I'm not disparaging his baseball skills, they speak for themselves but as a person...meh.

Zemgirl
09-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Hmm. This is why I prefer to remain ignorant about famous people - it's always nicer to believe everyone is kind and classy at all times ;). Well, one would hope that whatever mistakes he's made, he's learned from.

But if you hear anything bad about Martin Prado, don't tell me. That would be depressing.

In non-Braves news, this is nice (http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-marlins-adam-greenburg-20120927,0,5798259.story). It's obviously being done mostly (entirely?) for publicity, but it's still nice. Can't believe I'm saying that about something involving Jeffrey Loria.

galaxygirl
09-27-2012, 10:15 PM
If I ever hear anything bad about Edgar Martinez, I think I'll lose the will to live since my faith in humanity will have been completely destroyed.

If anybody has heard anything bad about him, please don't tell me. I prefer to live in ignorance.

milanessa
09-27-2012, 10:24 PM
But if you hear anything bad about Martin Prado, don't tell me. That would be depressing.

I promise. ;)

purple skates
09-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Well, you can always take a radio and earphones with you to the wedding! :P

We were at a reception when the Tigers were playing in the World Series. We kept sneaking into another reception where they had a tv and reporting back to ours what the scores was. :lol:

Keeping my fingers crossed for my Tigers. They've found ways all season to give things away - hopefully they can hang on to their lead, since wild card is out of the questions AFAIK.

PrincessLeppard
09-29-2012, 12:25 AM
They would be about 4 games back in the Wild Card standings.

I was kinda hoping for the White Sox to take the division. I met Robin Ventura back in the 80s and he seemed really cool. Now milanessa will come tell me he's an asshole. :P

milanessa
09-29-2012, 02:27 AM
I was kinda hoping for the White Sox to take the division. I met Robin Ventura back in the 80s and he seemed really cool. Now milanessa will come tell me he's an asshole. :P

Rumor has it he kidnapped the Lindbergh baby. :P

HeatherC
09-29-2012, 04:15 AM
HOMER FREAKING BAILEY THREW A NO HITTER TONIGHT!!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I can't believe how insanely awesome this season has all ready been for my Reds and now they add their first no hitter in 24 years to this awesomeness!! This is insane. I'm so used to disappointment here in Cincy that I almost don't know how to act over all this stuff. I love having baseball to cheer for again at this time of year and I AM SO EXCITED FOR MY GUYS!! :cheer: :biggrinbo :rollin:

PrincessLeppard
09-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Rumor has it he kidnapped the Lindbergh baby. :P

But he was nice while doing so, right? ;)

milanessa
09-29-2012, 10:18 PM
But he was nice while doing so, right? ;)

Definitely! :)

AragornElessar
09-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Heather, you were the first person I thought of when I heard about the No Hitter. Watching your team try and keep a No Hitter going is tension filled enough, but w/the score your Reds had? Can't even imagine.

And talk about a perfect name for a ball player period!! :D

Well Gang...Here we go...Final few days of the Season and still so much up in the air too. Going to be fun to watch shake down. :D

HeatherC
10-01-2012, 03:35 AM
Heather, you were the first person I thought of when I heard about the No Hitter. Watching your team try and keep a No Hitter going is tension filled enough, but w/the score your Reds had? Can't even imagine.

And talk about a perfect name for a ball player period!! :D

Well Gang...Here we go...Final few days of the Season and still so much up in the air too. Going to be fun to watch shake down. :D

Haha, thanks! :D I totally agree about the tension and I'm kind of glad I wasn't home to watch it in real time because I think my nerves would have been totally shot by the seventh inning, LOL :rofl:

I can't believe that NONE of the AL post season spots have been clinched yet! I'm hoping the Orioles get one of those spots locked up soon. They've had such a great year! Dang, the AL is going to be one heck of a race in every single division this week! :yikes:

Debbie S
10-01-2012, 04:46 AM
I'm hoping the Orioles get one of those spots locked up soon. They did, the Angels lost tonight. Woohoo! :cheer2:

I think the Yankees and Rangers have also clinched. According to some website (ESPN?) that had if-the-season-ended-today playoff scenarios, if the Orioles and Yankees tied, the Orioles would win the division. I know the teams split the season series 9-9, I guess the second tiebreaker is record within the division?

Cloudy_Gumdrops
10-01-2012, 04:43 PM
They did, the Angels lost tonight. Woohoo! :cheer2:

As an Angels fan, I had the opposite reaction. :wuzrobbed