PDA

View Full Version : Baseball 2012!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

HeatherC
07-24-2012, 04:45 AM
This. Actually, I know I can't. I'm ABY. I'll even cheer for Heather's Reds over the Yankees. :P

Hey, my man Joey got hurt in your evil ballpark so I'm not rooting for your Giants either, LOL :P :lol: But, that said, I'm totally an ABY too so on that we wholeheartedly agree! :D

Goodness, I'm watching the Reds vs the Astros on FSN Ohio tonight and there are only about twenty people in the Astros ballpark. I think they're all Reds fans too. Yikes! :eek:

jobelle
07-24-2012, 04:51 AM
During the press conference before the Mariners game today it was said that Ichiro actually came to the team to ask them if they would be open to trading him

From the press conference (Howard Lincoln, M's CEO):

"Ichiro knows that the club is building for the future, and he felt that what was best for the team was to be traded to another club and give our younger players an opportunity to develop."

And, hey, he'll probably get a chance to go the playoffs this year ... sure wouldn't have gotten there with the Mariners :( And now the Mariners don't have to make the difficult decision about whether or not they will resign him in the off-season.

Best wishes to him though .... was a huge fan of his over the past decade (but wish it was anyone but the Yankees!)

KHenry14
07-24-2012, 06:21 AM
:D
Hey, my man Joey got hurt in your evil ballpark so I'm not rooting for your Giants either, LOL :P :lol:

Heather, you might not know it, but there have been a whole slew of players who have gotten injured while playing against the Giants this season. It's almost a running joke on the broadcasts about how the Giants "Broke" another opposing player. Just a weird set of coincidental injuries, but beware when you play against the Giants I guess. :D

professordeb
07-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Well I heard about this trade while watching a sports talk show. The Yankees? Seriously dude?!!! I have had a hate on for the Yanks for decades and this is the cherry on top of the whipped cream.

PrincessLeppard
07-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Hey, my man Joey got hurt in your evil ballpark so I'm not rooting for your Giants either, LOL :P :lol: But, that said, I'm totally an ABY too so on that we wholeheartedly agree! :D

Goodness, I'm watching the Reds vs the Astros on FSN Ohio tonight and there are only about twenty people in the Astros ballpark. I think they're all Reds fans too. Yikes! :eek:

Erm, sorry about Joey. My boyfriend Brian Wilson blew out his elbow in Colorado, so I currently really dislike them, so I feel your pain.

When I was at the University of Houston in the late 80s/early 90s, there would be like 500-700 people at the Astros games. I'm sad it's back to that, since that new (well, newer than the Astrodome :P) ballpark is gorgeous. I hope going to the American League helps them out.

AragornElessar
07-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Same here w/the reaction of Ichiro going to the Yankees. As much as I admire Ichiro, for him to go to the Yankees? Would love to see him get a Ring, but w/the Evil Empire? Sigh...:(

What on earth is this I'm hearing about Cal Ripken Jr's Mom being kidnapped and being released by the kidnapper sometime this morning? It's just...Wow!!

galaxygirl
07-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Well A-Fraud (yes, I'm 5 :shuffle:) has a broken hand so that hurts their chances of winning the series a little.

skatingfan5
07-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Well A-Fraud (yes, I'm 5 :shuffle:) has a broken hand so that hurts their chances of winning the series a little.Just read that he could be back as soon as 4 weeks. :shuffle:

galaxygirl
07-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Just read that he could be back as soon as 4 weeks. :shuffle:

:blah:

I did decide that I'm going to root for Ichiro to get a ring this year so I guess I should be happy.

jobelle
08-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Felix Hernandez. Perfect Game. That is all.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
:rollin:

galaxygirl
08-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Felix Hernandez. Perfect Game. That is all.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
:rollin:

LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!

PrincessLeppard
08-16-2012, 01:07 AM
I hope it's not overshadowed by Melky Cabrera's positive drug test.

Dammit, Melky. I power voted you to the All-Star game.

Meh.

AragornElessar
08-16-2012, 06:41 AM
You were the first one I thought of when the news about Melky broke PL. Stupid!!

Here's hoping the Perfect Game will overshadow Melky's stupidity and Congratulations to Hernandez on one incredable achievement!!!

galaxygirl
08-16-2012, 04:36 PM
I don't have cable so I don't know what's happening on tv, but Felix is still the top story on ESPN mobile.

PrincessLeppard
09-04-2012, 12:33 AM
My mlb.tv feed must be about one minute behind the actual game, cuz I just got spoiled on twitter. It was a good spoil, so it's cool. :)

Also, the Astros and Cubs are apparently mathematically eliminated now. Both due to the Giants. I used to be huge fans of both those teams (and will still root for the Cubs, should they ever make the post-season again), so it's sad to see them out of it this early.