PDA

View Full Version : Baseball 2012!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

HeatherC
07-18-2012, 03:38 AM
The injury bug is visiting my Reds again and boy was I hoping it would jump over us this time after we lost both Rolen and Stubbs to it earlier this year. Now it's Joey Votto who's on the DL after having minor knee surgery to fix an injury he got when the guys were in SF last month. He thought it wasn't anything serious but then it wasn't getting any better and kept bothering him. He got it more thoroughly checked out yesterday and that's where they discovered a meniscus tear and went ahead with surgery today. Apparently everything went great and he could be back sometime within 2-4 weeks. Hopefully my Reds hang in there until he comes back and figure out ways to keep winning. I will definitely miss seeing Joey play but I have faith that my guys will hang in there. Go Reds!! :cheer:

PrincessLeppard
07-19-2012, 01:15 AM
So the Brewers have the sausage race. The Diamondbacks race famous former players. The Pirates race pierogies. (sp?) The Nationals race former presidents.

I was at a Rockies game on Monday. You know what they race? A toothbrush, toothpaste and something else I don't remember. Really? Lame. ;)

PrincessLeppard
07-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Ichiro traded to the YANKEES? :fragile:

tlk
07-23-2012, 11:41 PM

This really sucks. Yankees, ugh. Best wishes to Ichiro for the rest of his career.

HeatherC
07-24-2012, 01:38 AM
Poor Ichiro. :(

After all the moves today, I think the trade market is going to be crazy from now until the July 31st trading deadline. :eek:

overedge
07-24-2012, 02:26 AM

:wuzrobbed: I am sad that he left the Mariners at all, but how horrible that he went to the evil Yankees :mad:

MINAM
07-24-2012, 02:59 AM
I want Ichiro to play in the World Series. Hope this comes true, whatever team.

galaxygirl
07-24-2012, 03:04 AM
I just heard that on tv and started shrieking and scared my dog. I can't believe those bastards traded Ichiro!!!! I'm seriously in shock and really, really pissed.

And to the Yankees? That's adding insult to injury. I would love to see Ichiro win a ring but I'm not sure I can bring myself to root for the Yankees.

PrincessLeppard
07-24-2012, 03:22 AM
I would love to see Ichiro win a ring but I'm not sure I can bring myself to root for the Yankees.

This. Actually, I know I can't. I'm ABY. I'll even cheer for Heather's Reds over the Yankees. :P

galaxygirl
07-24-2012, 03:24 AM
You know, after thinking about this now that I've calmed down a bit, I think I really owe it Ichiro to root for the Yankees to win the series this year. He has stuck with the Mariners for years while they've sucked when he could have left for a huge paycheck like another former Mariner that we all know and hate. It's really the least I can do. So, I'm going to hold my nose, pull the barf bucket near and suck it up and root for the Yankees. Go Yankees!

Disclaimer: this applies to the 2012 season only.

overedge
07-24-2012, 03:30 AM
I would love to see Ichiro win a ring but I'm not sure I can bring myself to root for the Yankees.

Please don't spoil my day any more by making me think about this decision :wuzrobbed:

Nick Swisher on the Yankees used to play for the single-A team in my area, so I allow myself a little applaud for him when he comes to bat. Then I spend the rest of the game giving the Skary Babs glare to the Yankees as a whole. I may have to adopt this strategy for Ichiro as well.

galaxygirl
07-24-2012, 03:35 AM
Please don't spoil my day any more by making me think about this decision :wuzrobbed:

Nick Swisher on the Yankees used to play for the single-A team in my area, so I allow myself a little applaud for him when he comes to bat. Then I spend the rest of the game giving the Skary Babs glare to the Yankees as a whole. I may have to adopt this strategy for Ichiro as well.

I've edited my post. :) Go Yankees!

tlk
07-24-2012, 04:00 AM
Rubbing salt in the wound, the Yankees are playing the Mariners in Seattle tonight. Classy Mariners fans gave Ichiro a standing ovation in his first at bat for the Yankees. (after loudly booing A-Rod, some wounds never heal).

overedge
07-24-2012, 04:18 AM
(after loudly booing A-Rod, some wounds never heal).

Well, at least he is no longer having Monopoly money thrown at him :lol:

(I'd be booing him too if I were there)

galaxygirl
07-24-2012, 04:32 AM
Rubbing salt in the wound, the Yankees are playing the Mariners in Seattle tonight. Classy Mariners fans gave Ichiro a standing ovation in his first at bat for the Yankees.

I don't have cable so I can't see the game but I've asked my mother to record the news tonight. I'm sure they'll show the ovation.

Well, at least he is no longer having Monopoly money thrown at him :lol:

That was awesome. :lol:

(I'd be booing him too if I were there)

I'm booing him in spirit.