PDA

View Full Version : Most Shocking/Dramatic Moments?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Loves_Shizuka
01-09-2012, 06:21 PM
actually I found the ice dance and ladies situations much more disturbing. Sarah Hughes winning gold over two skating queens Michelle and Irina and then D/V placing behind F-P/M and B/K who both fell was all plain riddiculous for me.

Sigh. Actually yes, SLC was a hot mess thinking about it. I also hated the ladies results and also thought D/V should have won the bronze. I never re-watch SLC.

And then there was this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJxl0yhiGyo). My heart still breaks and I'm still angry as hell when I think of this.

:( Sigh. I just love D/V so much. I felt a bit for C/S though. It can't have felt nice to have their moment so tainted and disputed. Btw, that's some :eek: shocking hair on Irina, Shae-Lynn and Galit on the podium at the end of that clip :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad D/V have gone on to have a successful "pro" career (of sorts) in Russia though.

elle123
01-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Dube and Davison...when her face was slashed as they did their sbs spins.......she still has a scar from that one and is lucky she didn't lose an eye....just makes me shiver and now when I watch pairs spins, it's always on my mind.

I can never watch pairs sbs spins either because of this! I remember watching it on tv, it was truly horrific.

Frau Muller
01-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Tara Lipinski's SQUEALS OF DELIGHT in KnC, Nagano. That was a shocker for the ages!

orbitz
01-09-2012, 07:15 PM
With the world watching, Tonya lifted one of her legs onto the Olympic judges' table while bawling her eyes out. A.W.K.W.A.R.D.

PrincessLeppard
01-09-2012, 07:52 PM
And a lot of fun to see live!

No, it wasn't. Someone is looking to get run over again. :P

clarie
01-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Something to be said for a "Telly Savalas" :D

snoopysnake
01-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Total Shock and Joy! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfEF_0GeDwc)

Several weeks ago I had the great privilege and joy of finally telling Paul face-to-face how much this particular performance meant to me. I told him that I wanted to thank him for his whole career, but especially what he did in 1992, and he replied, "That was a really special year." I told him, "Yes, but it was not just something good that happened to you, it was something good that happened to me." I explained that I had lost my job three weeks prior to those Olympics and Paul's SP was the first thing since that had made me cry from happiness, not sadness. It was a great release for me and a reminder that God would be bringing me good things in the future. I told him that I hoped that he'd never felt that he was not doing something important by skating, and that he'd touched people more than he could ever possibly know. Paul seemed very appreciative and pleased to hear this, and I'm so glad that I was able to share my experience with him.

Wyliefan
01-10-2012, 12:49 AM
That's so cool, snoopysnake. :)

AJ Skatefan
01-10-2012, 03:51 AM
How about the exact tie between Johnny and Evan at 2008 Nationals?

Octoberopals
01-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Three words -

THE DEATH STARE!

I totally agree & I still crack up everytime I see it!:lol:

PashaFan
01-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Sigh. Actually yes, SLC was a hot mess thinking about it. I also hated the ladies results and also thought D/V should have won the bronze. I never re-watch SLC.

:( Sigh. I just love D/V so much. I felt a bit for C/S though. It can't have felt nice to have their moment so tainted and disputed. Btw, that's some :eek: shocking hair on Irina, Shae-Lynn and Galit on the podium at the end of that clip :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad D/V have gone on to have a successful "pro" career (of sorts) in Russia though.

For my sins I watch the DVD's of SLC a lot (I have way too much time on my hands !) & several things come to mind.
The silver medal of Lob/Ave. No way was their silver medal right. Yes their OD was great but their compulsory's were sloppy & their FD was just awful & bland.
Yes, Sarah Hughes was amazing in the free skate but I would have had the ranking in the short different
1-Slutskaya
2-Cohen
3-Kwan
4-Butyrskaya
5-Hughes
Kwan barely got round on her triple flip & Hughes changed edge on her lutz.
In the pairs the US couple were WAY BETTER in the free than Tot/Mar & She/Zha.
Also the two best programes (for me) was Lang/Tche & Nav/Kos yet were way down in marks.
I wonder how the judging system with have now would have changed the result?
I've always said change the judges not the judging system.

misskarne
01-10-2012, 12:33 PM
How about the exact tie between Johnny and Evan at 2008 Nationals?

I think it sucks that they split it. They should have been joint champions.

Zokko!
01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
To me,

most dramatic/sad,
when Yags had to retire because of a hip injury in 2003. His "Goodbye" at Skate America was a total heartbreak ... :fragile:

most shocking,
when Plush fell in the SP at SLC 2002, of course I was rooting for Yags, but this was completely out of nowhere. I was looking forward to a close, "killing" competition, and then everything went on so smooth ...
Vancouver 2010 Men's Olympic results, with Klutz Lysacek being "Olympic Champion". A (skating) nightmare "finally" came true ... :yikes: :scream:

paskatefan
01-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Total Shock and Joy! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfEF_0GeDwc)

Several weeks ago I had the great privilege and joy of finally telling Paul face-to-face how much this particular performance meant to me. I told him that I wanted to thank him for his whole career, but especially what he did in 1992, and he replied, "That was a really special year." I told him, "Yes, but it was not just something good that happened to you, it was something good that happened to me." I explained that I had lost my job three weeks prior to those Olympics and Paul's SP was the first thing since that had made me cry from happiness, not sadness. It was a great release for me and a reminder that God would be bringing me good things in the future. I told him that I hoped that he'd never felt that he was not doing something important by skating, and that he'd touched people more than he could ever possibly know. Paul seemed very appreciative and pleased to hear this, and I'm so glad that I was able to share my experience with him.

Love your story and experience with Paul! :encore:

Judy
01-10-2012, 11:50 PM
If you read it right you can see I said that I'm a Elena/Anton fan. I was shocked because the Olympics were in North America & thought that would favour Jamie/David.
I found more emotion in the Russians free skate but thought the way they were treated by some people in the media was terrible. Like they were to blame.
I did not agree with a second set of Gold medals being given out. It was a close call. I liked both but found the Russians more interesting.
The media over reacted (my opinion).

Are you guys forgetting that a judge admitted to fixing her vote? Let's not stir this up again but the Olympic committee had no choice in this. And if I were the Olympic skater I'd be demanding a gold medal as well.