PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Wife Of Tiger Woods Buys $12 Million Home - Then Bulldozes It To The Ground

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

PeterG
01-07-2012, 12:35 AM
According to TMZ, Elin Nordegren bought a $12 million home in North Palm Beach, Fla., but didn't like it, and has plowed the whole thing. (http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/tiger-woods-ex-wife-bulldozes-12-million-home-232405259.html)

Lifestyles of the rich and famous??

The (former) home looked incredible. Six bedrooms and eight bathrooms. Now it's just rubble. She makes the one-percent'ers proud.... :rolleyes:

skatingfan5
01-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Well, I guess it could provide some jobs and a mini-boost to the local economy if she's planning to build something new on the site. If not, maybe it will just revert to nature and add to the greenspace. :shuffle:

Vash01
01-07-2012, 12:53 AM
Why did she buy it if she did not like it?

It's sickening that some people can just throw money away.

Louis
01-07-2012, 12:57 AM
It looks from the picture like it's an A+ location right on the beach, yet secluded.

It's possible that the land is worth the lion's share of the price she paid, and the house itself is worth "just" a couple million.

aliceanne
01-07-2012, 01:02 AM
That is pretty common for houses in that price range. I see articles all the time about the Hollywood set doing this, and no one makes any comment about it, I don't know why the press is making such a big deal. If the house is 40 or 50 years old it may be pretty costly to renovate. I like it, but maybe she just liked the site. She also may have bought it as a real estate investment and is planning to sub-divide the property and re-sell.

orbitz
01-07-2012, 01:10 AM
It's her money, and she should do whatever she wants with it. I'm sure she's neither the first nor the last millionaire to do such a thing.

triple_toe
01-07-2012, 01:57 AM
Don't see what the big deal is. Plenty of people buy houses for the location and tear them down or extensively renovate them.

mag
01-07-2012, 02:04 AM
Don't see what the big deal is. Plenty of people buy houses for the location and tear them down or extensively renovate them.

I also don't see the problem. I'm sure all the contractors who will be building the new house, not to mention the architects, designers, and support staff, will be thrilled with the work and the pay! During a recession the best thing is for the rich to spend their money - lots of money - to help the economy.

Wyliefan
01-07-2012, 02:04 AM
My dad thought maybe she did to get back at Tiger -- you know, spending $12 million of his money (or what was originally his money) on something and then destroying it.

Anita18
01-07-2012, 03:08 AM
It looks from the picture like it's an A+ location right on the beach, yet secluded.

It's possible that the land is worth the lion's share of the price she paid, and the house itself is worth "just" a couple million.
That was my first thought as well.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
01-07-2012, 04:16 AM
It's her money, and she should do whatever she wants with it. I'm sure she's neither the first nor the last millionaire to do such a thing.

My dad thought maybe she did to get back at Tiger -- you know, spending $12 million of his money (or what was originally his money) on something and then destroying it.

Well, what Tiger did was wrong but Elin isn't like the head of a multi-billion dollar company where she can expect the money in the form of huge yearly salaries to keep pouring in. The way she is spending, that $100 million won't last forever. $12 million to buy the house, not sure how many million the new house will cost plus the expenses incurred building the new house then maintaining it.

She reminds me of watching those Lottery Changed my Life then ruined it programs. Those people also get one lump sum then run through it living like wealthy socialites.

It always makes me :yikes: at how easily celebrities run through such large amounts of cash. They never seem to think of the future.

Spinner
01-07-2012, 04:24 AM
Oh, America...

moojja
01-07-2012, 04:32 AM
Oh, America...

She's not an American. Nice of her to spend her money here, but she's from Sweden.

PeterG
01-07-2012, 05:10 AM
"All the other kids shoplift, so what's the big deal if I shoplifted too?"

hydro
01-07-2012, 05:23 AM
I don't see what the big deal is, she probably paid for the location more than anything. Isn't that the cardinal rule of real estate, location location location?