PDA

View Full Version : Do You Use Ebay?

Pages : [1] 2

Cachoo
01-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Do you buy or sell on Ebay? Or do you avoid the site?

I collect Christmas ornaments (including skaters.)

And you?

DFJ
01-06-2012, 01:09 AM
I use Ebay regularly. I'm a bit of a clothes hound. I've never had a problem, but I do my research and only buy from highly-rated sellers.

genevieve
01-06-2012, 01:22 AM
I bought tickets to the 2005 US Nats on eBay :inavoid:, and I've bought a couple of dvds and some discontinued jigsaw puzzles that I really wanted, but I only go when there's something specific I'm after that I am unlikely to get in a store, not to browse and actually shop. Would definitely use it more if I was collecting something.

I have some pieces from a groovy china pattern that I've considered selling on eBay but I just can't be arsed to set it up :P

nubka
01-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Me luuuvs my eBay (both buying & selling.) 1063 transactions, with only two problems ever. :) :)

My oldest daughter bought her designer wedding dress from eBay. She had found what she wanted in a wedding magazine that was one year out of date, so the dress wasn't available any longer in stores. Lucky for her, she found it brand-new on eBay in the perfect size, and she snagged it for only $300.00!

I mostly buy books, DVD's, clothes, CD's, fragrance and cosmetics.

skatesindreams
01-06-2012, 01:27 AM
I use Ebay regularly. I'm a bit of a clothes hound. I've never had a problem, but I do my research and only buy from highly-rated sellers.

Same for me!

Prancer
01-06-2012, 01:44 AM
I use eBay all the time. As a buyer, I've never had any problems. As seller....well, there's a reason I don't sell much.

PrincessLeppard
01-06-2012, 02:14 AM
I only had one problem as a seller, and it was eventually resolved happily, but :scream: I have some stuff I want to sell, but don't want to go through all that again.

Buying has been awesome, though. :)

BigB08822
01-06-2012, 02:28 AM
I have used ebay a number of times but not regularly. I have never had a problem. I only buy from people with great ratings and if I sell then I only ship after receiving payment.

peibeck
01-06-2012, 02:43 AM
I use it pretty regularly, I've had a few problems buying things. I've only sold a few items, but never had a problem with anything I have sold (thankfully).

skatemommy
01-06-2012, 02:49 AM
I am an Ebay junkie (1273 positive feedback). I go to flea markets, estate sales, Garage sales, Salvation Army, etc. to pay for private school tuition. I also buy weird stuff that I'm too lazy to search in the stores for. Hate a lot of the new features (can't leave negative feedback for deadbeat buyers) but I move a lot more stuff ($300-600 per month) than on Etsy or Craigslist. I got Riedell skates for sales size 1, 2, 3 and 4narrow. PM me for the auction #.

Cachoo
01-06-2012, 03:04 AM
I am an Ebay junkie (1273 positive feedback). I go to flea markets, estate sales, Garage sales, Salvation Army, etc. to pay for private school tuition. I also buy weird stuff that I'm too lazy to search in the stores for. Hate a lot of the new features (can't leave negative feedback for deadbeat buyers) but I move a lot more stuff ($300-600 per month) than on Etsy or Craigslist. I got Riedell skates for sales size 1, 2, 3 and 4narrow. PM me for the auction #.

How do you know what people want? Or is the community so large that there is something for everyone? I want share this with my sis. Private school for her two girls is a chunk of change.

A.H.Black
01-06-2012, 03:39 AM
I have a small business. I buy my shipping supplies on Ebay. I also have purchased Nationals tickets a couple of times on Ebay. Would do so again. I've sold a few things - including tickets - but not for a few years.

manleywoman
01-06-2012, 03:53 AM
I used to have great luck selling on eBay, and my ratings are great. Now it seems nobody is buying. I recently had an expensive piece of jewelry up for sale for the third time and still no takers, even pricing it at $1. I also have a piece of Dansk china in perfect condition that I thought of selling, but right now there are eight others on eBay with no bids among them.

skatemommy
01-06-2012, 03:54 AM
How do you know what people want? Or is the community so large that there is something for everyone? I want share this with my sis. Private school for her two girls is a chunk of change.

Trial and error my friend. My little girl started skating at 18 months so I had NO little ones to hand me down to so to speak so I started selling her old itty bitty skates, dance clothes and shoes, gymnastics leos, etc. Stage mom here found an avenue and went with it. My advice is to follow what you know (for me skating, dance, gymnastics, costumes, etc.) and branched out from there. I sell books (self help), my husbands band equipment, and stuff I find. I would love to become an antiques dealer...sadly I am jack of all trades and master of none!

jlai
01-06-2012, 04:10 AM
I've had good luck with selling but with all the fees I'm paying Ebay is my last resort, really.

It's a buyer-friendly site though